PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Repped The Same Person Over And Over And They Don"t Rep You Back?

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I've had this happen with only one person . Has this happened to anyone else?

buglebe
10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh I hope you don't mean me. I have never looked at the rep stuff. I don't actually know how to rep people.

Shann
10-29-2007, 08:25 PM
you know... I don't know, I'm so bad at checking my reps so when I do I have quite a few but make every effort to rep every single person who repped me. Sometimes it won't let me and I try very hard to remember to go back and rep them when I can. Maybe that person doesn't know people are repping them or how it work?

Bubblescc
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
yes, but i figure they dont like me,...so i dont care.....so i dont rep them anymore. the rep threads were supposed to be fun without playing favorites.

sometimes i rep people thati know dont like me, i find thatfun too...yes i am easily amused....lol....

Aloha, I hope I have not missed you........sorry if I did! I really do go through all the threads when I have a break from school, or just to take a break from school...Sometimes it just helps not to be serious.lol

Kyla Kym
10-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I quit trying to do the rep threads, because I kept getting lost where I was, and when I would try to rep people that had repped me, it says you have to spread it around.
So now I do the rep when the mood hits me or if someone post on threads I'm interested in. :)

I really hate that thing that says you have to spread it around though, because if I want to rep someone. I want to do it right then and not have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off doing drive by random reppings, just so I can get back to the person I wanted to rep to start with. :)

ttistin
10-29-2007, 08:52 PM
what is rep? how do you give it and get it? is there a place to check it?

Heidi
10-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Hope it's not me!!! I am terrible about giving rep. It doesn't mean I don't like you it just means I'm a scatter brain.

Shancopp
10-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I've started reppin folks I see w/ only one green square. No one should have a single lonely square! I like to see them go from one to 5 or 6 right after I rep em!

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
yes, but i figure they dont like me,...so i dont care.....so i dont rep them anymore. the rep threads were supposed to be fun without playing favorites.

sometimes i rep people thati know dont like me, i find thatfun too...yes i am easily amused....lol....

Aloha, I hope I have not missed you........sorry if I did! I really do go through all the threads when I have a break from school, or just to take a break from school...Sometimes it just helps not to be serious.lol

No you have repped me several times! Thanks:)

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh I hope you don't mean me. I have never looked at the rep stuff. I don't actually know how to rep people.
LOL! No I don't mean you:)

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Hope it's not me!!! I am terrible about giving rep. It doesn't mean I don't like you it just means I'm a scatter brain.
LOL! You have repped me before Heidi! And you're not a scatterbrain:)

Heidi
10-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey, how do people get pictures in the rep posts?

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I've started reppin folks I see w/ only one green square. No one should have a single lonely square! I like to see them go from one to 5 or 6 right after I rep em!
Hey! Me too:)

ttistin
10-29-2007, 09:10 PM
can you look up who has givin ya rep?

Shancopp
10-29-2007, 09:15 PM
can you look up who has givin ya rep?

click on usercp up towards the top of the page. scroll down a bit , past your subscibed threads. they should be there.

ttistin
10-29-2007, 09:16 PM
click on usercp up towards the top of the page. scroll down a bit , past your subscibed threads. they should be there.

Ohh Ok I got it now lol Thank you

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:18 PM
what is rep? how do you give it and get it? is there a place to check it?
Rep is just something you say about a thread or just leave some comment. To give it you click on what looks like a small white cloud towards the bottom of the persons username. It opens up a box and you can write whatever you like. You get it the same way. You have quite a bit of rep. Do you see all of those small green boxes under your username towards the bottom? That is from people repping you. If you click on the white cloud looking thing it will tell you how much rep you have. If you want to see what someone has said in their rep to you just scroll up until you see your user CP and click on it. Then scroll back down a bit and you will see what they say and who said it. If you put your mouse over the green boxes it will have a saying for you. It's just for fun so enjoy!

erinma
10-29-2007, 09:27 PM
sorry if I don't rep you. I try to rep all of you the best I can.

ahippiechic
10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm bad to forget to look and see who repped me. I also can't see repping someone I don't like. I usually rep a post that I like tho or sometimes as a way of saying thank you.

DBackFan
10-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey, how do people get pictures in the rep posts?

YOU JUST HAVE TO TYPE IT IN HEIDI...LIKE THE BOUQUET ONE IS JUST WHAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE SMILIE IT SHOWS AS : BOUQUET (no space after the : ), just type that in the rep box.

sorry for the caps, to lazy to change it..lol

okie
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
I usually don't rep people unless I have alot of time on my hands. Most of the time I forget that we even have it. Maybe when things slow down in school and just life in general I will get more time to. Maybe when school is out I will go on a repping spree!

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm bad to forget to look and see who repped me. I also can't see repping someone I don't like. I usually rep a post that I like tho or sometimes as a way of saying thank you.

I agree with you on not giving rep to someone you don't like:) Great minds think a like:) But you like me right? Huh? Don't ya? Come on, you know you do:) Does that sound a little too needy? LOL:)

ahippiechic
10-29-2007, 09:59 PM
I agree with you on not giving rep to someone you don't like:) Great minds think a like:) But you like me right? Huh? Don't ya? Come on, you know you do:) Does that sound a little too needy? LOL:)

I like you bunches! :star:

(But it won't let me rep ya!)

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I like you bunches! :star:

(But it won't let me rep ya!)

I hate it when that happens:)

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM

No it wasn't you:hug

Aloha from paradise
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
sorry if I don't rep you. I try to rep all of you the best I can.

You have repped me several times:):hug

justme23
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
There's a couple of ppl on here who rep all the time. I try to do my best to rep everyone back but more times than not I get the "you must spread some more around" message.

You repped me earlier and I have tried to rep you back, I even spread it around all over the place and it still won't let me... so please don't think that we don't try!

lizmolik
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I try to rep, the best I can...I hope it was not me!

ladybugva
10-30-2007, 01:31 AM
it might be some one that does a little reppin so they can't get back to you for a while. I don't pay attention to the names of who rep me often w/ the exception of a few. Maybe b/c I type a message so I notice those that do more than those that just do a smile or only rep in the rep thread (if you rep out of it you tend to be able to re-rep people sooner). To each his own I guess.

hope that makes sense I should still be asleep so i am rambling. LOL

JKATHERINE
10-30-2007, 02:02 AM
I just don't pay attention to the rep thing all that much. I look at mine every once in a while, but don't participate in the rep threads. Like Hippie, I usually just rep someone when I like a particular post or comment... :)

teenies*mom
10-30-2007, 02:47 AM
ok - I know - its me - right? - I'm the guilty one - lol

PrincessArky
10-30-2007, 02:51 AM
yep there is someone here that I have repped that has never repped me back and I am quite sure this person doesnt like me but I think that is because I have pointed out some mistakes in their posts in the past like REPOST and things like that

netsis61
10-30-2007, 03:29 AM
Hi,
I hope it's not me. I have kinda falen behind on my reppin' cause my mom's leg condition has flared up and I have been over there every day helping her with it...

tngirl
10-30-2007, 03:34 AM
I don't do the rep threads either. I get the "spread the rep" thing all the time.

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Yes there are ppl that I have repped but haven't repped me back. I don't really think about it though and I still rep them :) .. I just think not everyone here is into rep, knows about rep or checks their rep.

But when they do, they'll have a surprise cause I repped them :)

Adra
10-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Once in a while I check my rep status, but I dont check to see who repped me. When I have time I rep people that I enjoy, or they have made me laugh or think deeply, or have touched me in some way. But I have to say that lately I have had differnt things happening daily and I have not had time to do much more than respond here and there.

Going totally off this posts topic. My son and his two children came yesterday to spend the day-my husband took the day off from work to be here and my daughter had the day off and she came and spent it with us too. So I had my entire family and all of my grandchildren here. I see my dd many times during the week but had not seen my son for about 4 months. It was so nice having everyone here, my in law children were not able to make it, one was in college and the other could not get off work.

I went off diet and we all went to the local chinese place and the 3 little grandchildren were so sweet and funny the two yr. old tried to sing to everyone in the place and dd and I were really having a time keeping him quiet.

BeanieLuvR
10-30-2007, 04:47 AM
Yes there are ppl that I have repped but haven't repped me back. I don't really think about it though and I still rep them :) .. I just think not everyone here is into rep, knows about rep or checks their rep.

But when they do, they'll have a surprise cause I repped them :)

:yeah

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 06:14 AM
:yeah

How funny .. I was going to rep you with the same thing you repped me, but I have spread it around .. lmao!!!

tarbabie
10-30-2007, 06:32 AM
I know you aren't talking about me cause it won't let me rep you anymore till I do a bunch of others I guess....LOL!

Jackie_Blu
10-30-2007, 07:05 AM
Ok, Shirl, ya got me all paranoid here so I just gave a bunch of "paranoid rep" lol I normally go in spurts.......tried to do the rep threads but found I also got lost. Usually I just rep a post that I like, as others have said.

bpl76
10-30-2007, 07:28 AM
I know I am guilty. Didn't really understand it all until now. :-( It was really neat to learn how to find out who was causing the little green boxes to reproduce. LOL I don't post a lot, obviously, but I do read alot and enjoy each and every one of you. I will try and do better.

YankeeMary
10-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Rest assured ladies, I think its me...hehe. I have been horrible about repping. But this thread got me started again, I have been repping all morning. Sorry Shirl, it isn't personal, I think I am just lazy or forgetful. Hugs.

ahippiechic
10-30-2007, 07:40 AM
OT, but Mary...I LOVE that avatar! :)

Willow
10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
I quit trying to do the rep threads, because I kept getting lost where I was, and when I would try to rep people that had repped me, it says you have to spread it around.
So now I do the rep when the mood hits me or if someone post on threads I'm interested in. :)

I really hate that thing that says you have to spread it around though, because if I want to rep someone. I want to do it right then and not have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off doing drive by random reppings, just so I can get back to the person I wanted to rep to start with. :)

Me too. Not because I'm ignoring anyone but it just got to the point where I don't always have time to check my rep. Sometimes I go for a week or more before checking it and then it's hard to catch up. So if anyone leaves me rep and I don't rep you back it's not because I'm ignoring you. :)

BigLyd1
10-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I guess I tend to keep trying to rep too many of the same people because it always seems to say that I have to spread it around first. So then I have to find others to spread it to. Then I get sidetracked with other things.

So if some of you haven't been repped by me for a while, that's why. I do check my reps often and appreciate getting them.

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I am going to go out on a limb here .. IF I don't rep you, I'm ignoring you ;) .. j/k .. hehe

For those who don't rep a lot or don't check your rep as often as some of us ;) .. don't worry about it. It's not mandatory .. just something to do that is fun. And since my kids are in school all day, I have plenty of time to burn .. LMAO!!

tigger4
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't even know what rep is. I just looked and I have all these rep things and have no idea how to rep people back or if I should rep people back.

Anyone want to explain this to me?

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't even know what rep is. I just looked and I have all these rep things and have no idea how to rep people back or if I should rep people back.

Anyone want to explain this to me?

Next to the little green dot under your name that shows if your online, there are a pair of scales .. go to the person you want to rep, look for their scales, click on it and a box will drop down .. type in what you want and press enter .. viola, you just repped someone one ;) .. Now go and have fun :)

The scales are between the dot and the report post sign.

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Tigger you got it! .. Thanks for letting me be your first ;)

Aloha from paradise
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to answer. I was not referring to anyone who has posted in this thread:) I know not everyone has time to rep and just wondered if it had happened to anyone else:) Thanks for all the rep!

Kyla Kym
10-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to answer. I was not referring to anyone who has posted in this thread:) I know not everyone has time to rep and just wondered if it had happened to anyone else:) Thanks for all the rep!

When we very first started doing the rep thing, I did notice it then. But now I don't. The way I see it, if they don't leave me rep after I left them some...then that's just a refection on what type of person they are.

Also I've noticed allot seem to not even know how to do it yet. So that could be the case.

And then there are others like me that are just doing it now when they are in the mood or see something they like. Or whatever way they like to do it. :)

Honestly I don't see how y'all keep up with some of those huge rep threads, I get so totally lost in them. :)

buttrfli
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
I rep people when I think about it... I don't always think to give someone rep.

I don't even check mine, so I am sure that there are a lot of people who wish I'd pay attention lol

dangerousfem
10-30-2007, 02:11 PM
guess I am guilty too... I tried to do the rep thread.. but I am easily distracted.. and I don't have a lot of time to spend on here... I am carrying 19 hours this semester... plus the family and normal mom stuff...

dangerousfem
10-30-2007, 02:15 PM
See.. I just tried to rep you.. and it tells me I have to spread it around first.. yet I haven't repped in a week I think... what gives?

YankeeMary
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
OT, but Mary...I LOVE that avatar! :)

Well thanks, I thought it was fitting...LOL.

LunaChick
10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
I rep as often as I can and I try to spread it around as much as I can. :itsme:

Aloha from paradise
10-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I tried to rep some of you guys but it said I have given out to much rep in the last 24 hours!

Surfergal
10-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I know I rarely check my reps, and I got very tired of all the "you must spread some around before you give it to this person again" messages. it takes quite a bit of time to do them - lots of clicks plus typing, and sometimes they come up off my screen so I have to scroll to the text bar then - I am usually doing my reward program clicks while reading this board too, so it all became too time consuming to keep up. Sorry if I have offended anyone

Mini
10-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry if anyone is talking about me not repping..I always forget about rep cause im not use to going to CP all the time since I turned off subscribed threads and then when I do get there Im so easily side tracked by the littlest thing it doesnt always get done cause I get off doin something else and forget to come back an do it. But I do try...and btw Surfergal you said it takes alot of typing you dont have to type anything in the box I know its nicer to do that but you dont gotta Ive gotten alot of rep like that but it doesnt bother me its the thought that counts

and oh yeah im trying to rep everyone in this thread while my mind is here LOL

Njean31
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
i don't do it but thanks to those who do it to me. do it to me? that didn't sound to good haha. i'll send you one now though cause you have sent me one:)

lymi
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I love reading my reps. It's kinda like getting a greeting card in the mail. When you care enough to send a Hallmark rep. lol. I did the repping threads for a while. But I quit doing them. I like to rep for a reason too, not just for the heck of it.

tracey74
10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
do I have any? I dont know havent checked and dont think Ive ever "repped" anyone. guess I do have rep Im going to go and make a list and rep everyone who repped me so be patient people Ill get this done when I can lol

belleofpa
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I dont do it often..sorry

dv8grl
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
sorry, i dont rep unless its a post that I agree with.. I dont see the point of rep-ing for no reason.

Jolie Rouge
10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
... because if I want to rep someone. I want to do it right then and not have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off doing drive by random reppings ...

LOVE IT !

MistyWolf
10-30-2007, 08:56 PM
To me, it's really not all that time consuming. When I rep good morning to people, I CCP the first rep I do and just paste it into other ppl's rep .. it's as easy as that.

And I like to spread rep just to make someone's day .. put a smile on their face :), wish them a good weekend, a Happy Halloween .. whatever. You really don't need a "good reason" to rep someone.

Right now I am on a rep time out for 24 hours though .. lol .. so I'll get you in the AM ;)

I'll have to remember those of you who seem bothered by rep and just spread my rep to those of us who enjoy it ;) :)

teenies*mom
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
wow - did alot of reppin on this thread!

Katt
10-31-2007, 03:41 AM
sorry, i dont rep unless its a post that I agree with.. I dont see the point of rep-ing for no reason.

That's how I am.

Plus, Im pretty a ghost around here these days.

ladybugva
10-31-2007, 06:49 AM
I have had some reps that were blank, I don't see the point of that. I think the notes I get are great and they make my day but I don't see why to do it if you don't want to take the time to say some thing, any thing really.

To each his own, rep every one b/c it makes you feel good, rep only those you want to make a comment to about their post which ever.

Bahet
10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
I rep a lot more at MWT but that's because I don't have limits there. I can rep the same person as many times as I want, as often as I want as long as it's a different post each time. It's weird coming here and wantng to rep someone only to find I have to spread it around a bit more 1st. :lol I love my stupor powers.

Kelsey1224
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
The rep thing is just so silly to me. I have "rep'd" people but frankly don't care if anyone reps me back. I mean...truly...what the heck is it worth?

edited to say: My goodness...I've gotten a lot of rep. I guess it's not so silly after all...LOL!

ahippiechic
10-31-2007, 08:55 AM
That's how I am.

Plus, Im pretty a ghost around here these days.

Boo! Nice to see your 'ghost' for Halloween! (And you would be a pretty ghost too!)

BigLyd1
10-31-2007, 10:23 AM
You know, I was just thinking there is somebody I have repped who has never repped me back, which is fine. And that person hasn't replied to this thread which makes me think that even though that person is on here a lot, yes, some people just aren't into repping... and that's perfectly fine.

Katt
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Boo! Nice to see your 'ghost' for Halloween! (And you would be a pretty ghost too!)

Lord, it was early when I wrote that. I didn't think I had left any words out lol.

LunaChick
10-31-2007, 03:01 PM
To me, it's really not all that time consuming. When I rep good morning to people, I CCP the first rep I do and just paste it into other ppl's rep .. it's as easy as that.

And I like to spread rep just to make someone's day .. put a smile on their face :), wish them a good weekend, a Happy Halloween .. whatever. You really don't need a "good reason" to rep someone.

Right now I am on a rep time out for 24 hours though .. lol .. so I'll get you in the AM ;)

I'll have to remember those of you who seem bothered by rep and just spread my rep to those of us who enjoy it ;) :)

That is pretty much the reason I do it too. It's fun for me, certainly not a chore.

ilovecats
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
There is one person who kind of begged for rep,saying something like"If I ever posted something you agree with give me some rep"I personally do not like this person,but figured there were A couple of times they were not talking crap so I repped them three times and received nothing.I do not usually monitor my rep,but in this case I made A point of checking to see if they left me rep.

moe265
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
ummm ya know I never really paid attention to the rep thing and didn't know how to even check to see who had left me rep but I figured it out and thanks to everyone that has left me rep and I will return the favor! LOL

dixiechicken
11-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, there is someone out there who shall remain nameless but they don't rep at all :(

dixiechicken
11-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I have repped too much this 24 hour period! Chicken without head--thats me!

dor1969
11-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I had no idea what rep was until I read this thread. That makes me one of the guilty ones who's never repped anyone, but that's only because I didn't know what it was or how to do it. Sorry guys!

DrGrin
11-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Lord, it was early when I wrote that. I didn't think I had left any words out lol.

It's not early when I read your post, and I didn't even notice you'd left words out till you pointed it out. Now everyone else will go back and read that post to see what you were talking about like I just did. :burnout:

PJDancer
11-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I have no idea, I don't pay that much attention. It's not like I go checking and keep track to see who gives me rep and who doesn't--(who has time for that??). I like to rep to leave nice notes for people or to say hi if I agree with something they've posted, but honestly--IT'S JUST REP--it doesn't mean anything or do anything, so who cares. So if someone else isn't giving me rep, to be honest, I don't know about it and even if I did, I could care less. But I do really appreciate the rep that has sweet notes and comments that I do get that go along with the rep.:) Nice messages and comments are what always make my day.:)

Bubblescc
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM

this sums it up for me too, I mean if you rep someone because say you agree with their post, does that matter. No none of it does,lol.....just my opinion.