PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Compass Movie - Anti God

cinnamonch
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
The Golden Compass
-----
Please check out the link. It is scary stuff.
You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get alot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. I'm going to tell everyone about this movie.
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

janelle
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
They already killed God when Jesus was killed. Guess the author didn't remember that. Now they want to do it again? Well it seems God is killed a lot in our society today but thanks for the heads up, I will not give any money to support this film.

tigger4
10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
And I can remember when I was very young the church condemning The Chronicles of Narnia because it promoted witchcraft.

Mom2Shaun
10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
You know, I believe in live and let live as far as religious beliefs. But this sounds pretty horrible, especially for kids! Oh well, just make sure ours don't get to see it.