PDA

View Full Version : Pray for those Folks in California~Has anyone had a housefire?

NCMOM
10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I have and it's a hard things to go through but you get thorugh it.
We had so many friends and family helping us that we could not beleive the out pouring of love and support.
I really feel for those in California.

Anyone else had a house fire?

NoFoolPrice
10-27-2007, 09:18 AM
We're still in the line of fire here, still socked in with smoke and a little anxious. The Santiago fire is my biggest fear at the moment, although the fires out by Fallbrook are also pretty scary. If you've been following, you know that the Santiago fire has hit the Cleveland National Forest, they are expecting it to reach the Riverside County line and Temescal Canyon around noon and are staging a standoff there. That's about 6 miles or so from us and moving our direction. There is one house between the Cleveland National forest and my house. However, I feel pretty confident they will get it under control today, theres no wind, the humidity is up and we have the largest air water bomber, the Hawaii Mars, docked in the lake within eyesight as I write. It's been working the Witch Fire in San Diego, keeps filling up here and then flying to the Witch fire to drop about every hour or so. We're in its flightpath, I have at least a hundred pics, it's quite a sight. I've met a lot of people down at the lake that came here just to see the Hawaii Mars, it's kind of put us on the map. I just can't imagine that fire going any further, but it is a lot of old growth forest that hasn't burned in many years. I really don't think it will reach us but do have a few things packed just in case. The smoke has been so thick here for days, everything is just covered with soot and sometimes I can't see the lake a block away, cleaning is going to be a big chore.
Your prayers are still badly needed here, the fires have really brought people out of their homes. I think we're all nervous, go to Walmart at 1 am and it's packed! People are talking to each other, and everybody knows displaced people, everyone has a personal story. Yesterday I met a man in his 90's from Arrowhead that got out with just the clothes on his back, he still had no idea whether his home made it through.
I hope there are no members here that have lost their homes, we do have quite a few So Ca members and I'm sure they would not have had time to check in here if that is the case. Are we missing anyone from So Ca?

NCMOM
10-27-2007, 09:27 PM
That is so sad....wish I could be there to help.
Prayers are on the way :)

MsLynn
10-28-2007, 02:42 PM
my house burned 2 years ago

http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/482282-i-m-here-safe-pics.html

NCMOM
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
We had a house fire in Feb of this year and lost everything...hard to start all over isn't it.

PrincessArky
10-30-2007, 03:19 AM
OMG I just cant even begin to imagine