PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of taking phone calls!

alwaystire
10-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I work for a company in customer service. I get all these calls from people whining because the item they want is not available, or they're old/handicapped/otherwise non-ambulatory. I'm a caring person, but I'm sick of taking calls where I have to do the same spiel all the time. Especially when nobody else even tries to show empathy.

Sorry, just needed to vent. :)

ahippiechic
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
My DH used to work for AOL tech support and he got burned out in a hurry! He hated it.

buttrfli
10-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Oh honey, I feel your pain! When Disney on Ice was in town, tickets were on sale for 6 weeks before the show opened and a people were calling a week before opening night to buy tickets and would complain when they couldn't get front row seats :rolleyes:

We also had people upset that they couldn't get a wheelchair spot when they weren't in a wheelchair.... theres no seat there anyhow.

DBackFan
10-25-2007, 03:23 PM
I feel for you but maybe you need to look for something that isn't in customer service. Dealing with the public can be very tough..lol

Kyla Kym
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Just be glad you still have a job. Most of these AMERICAN companies, are now firing the Americans to hire foreigners that don't even live in the USA! They have thick heavy accents, they read out of books and just don't get what your trying to get across to them. I would rather pull out my nose hairs than have to talk to them. American companies are getting so greedy that they don't even support American's anymore by hiring them. It's nothing more than pure greed! They could afford to hire Americans, without passing the cost on to the customer by cutting some of the fat cats in the corporations pay checks. Instead of making 800 thousand a year, give them 300 thousand a year. They could still live very nicely.

So just so you know, some of us truly do appreciate talking to a American customer service rep or tec instead of some non American foreigner. :hug

cubsgirl21
10-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Just be glad you still have a job. Most of these AMERICAN companies, are now firing the Americans to hire foreigners that don't even live in the USA! They have thick heavy accents, they read out of books and just don't get what your trying to get across to them. I would rather pull out my nose hairs than have to talk to them. American companies are getting so greedy that they don't even support American's anymore by hiring them. It's nothing more than pure greed! They could afford to hire Americans, without passing the cost on to the customer by cutting some of the fat cats in the corporations pay checks. Instead of making 800 thousand a year, give them 300 thousand a year. They could still live very nicely.

So just so you know, some of us truly do appreciate talking to a American customer service rep or tec instead of some non American foreigner. :hug

I was thinking the same thing! I am soooo appreciative of any American c/s rep. They're getting harder and harder to find.

iluvmybaby
10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Pretend that you are indian and you speak no english, that is what 99 percent of all the other companies do, outsorce yourself with an AWFUL "The Guru" type of indian accent! Seriousily though, I hear you about whining ppl who think you can fix everything with a magic wand

kidzpca
10-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I feel for you but maybe you need to look for something that isn't in customer service. Dealing with the public can be very tough..lol

Don't you mean that dealing with the public can be a pain in the arse?

Jackie_Blu
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Just be glad you still have a job. Most of these AMERICAN companies, are now firing the Americans to hire foreigners that don't even live in the USA! They have thick heavy accents, they read out of books and just don't get what your trying to get across to them. I would rather pull out my nose hairs than have to talk to them. American companies are getting so greedy that they don't even support American's anymore by hiring them. It's nothing more than pure greed! They could afford to hire Americans, without passing the cost on to the customer by cutting some of the fat cats in the corporations pay checks. Instead of making 800 thousand a year, give them 300 thousand a year. They could still live very nicely.So just so you know, some of us truly do appreciate talking to a American customer service rep or tec instead of some non American foreigner. :hug

OMG!! I hear ya sista!!!!! (On the whole thing, not just the red letters...I just loved the way you expressed yourself there lolol)

I was thinking the same thing! I am soooo appreciative of any American c/s rep. They're getting harder and harder to find.

ITA It's a rare thing to have an American answer a phone at just about any company any more. Seems I spend half the time saying "excuse me, I can't understand what you are saying."

Jackie_Blu
10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I work for a company in customer service. I get all these calls from people whining because the item they want is not available, or they're old/handicapped/otherwise non-ambulatory. I'm a caring person, but I'm sick of taking calls where I have to do the same spiel all the time. Especially when nobody else even tries to show empathy.

Sorry, just needed to vent. :)

OOPS! Sorry I got off-track of the thread you started :embarassed:
I can imagine there are days you feel it's a thankless job and you probably wanna sling profanities at the dumb asses on the other end of the phone, but... If it's really stressing you out, then maybe you should try to find something else. What co. do you work for? Just wondering if I could be one of the d/a's that has called you lol

cubsgirl21
10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
OMG!! I hear ya sista!!!!! (On the whole thing, not just the red letters...I just loved the way you expressed yourself there lolol)

ITA It's a rare thing to have an American answer a phone at just about any company any more. Seems I spend half the time saying "excuse me, I can't understand what you are saying."

http://boortz.com/images/press_1_for_english.jpg

kidzpca
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
http://boortz.com/images/press_1_for_english.jpg

OR select language at the atm?

squirt661
10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
OK, SS to sound like a bitch LOL, but if this is the job you applied for and got, as long as you get a pay check what is your problem LOL. SS , change your job LOL.

okie
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
OK, SS to sound like a bitch LOL, but if this is the job you applied for and got, as long as you get a pay check what is your problem LOL. SS , change your job LOL.

Do you not ever vent about your job?

tsquared
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
no job is perfect and as long as we work with the public the whiners will make the non whiners stand out..........and just think back how many times we have been that 1 person calling and whining because we cant get something or the last one sold just before we got there. i will work harder to take care of those that are not always complaning about one thing or another and the one that is always complaining.........well i just figure they will complain whether they get what they want or don't.