PDA

View Full Version : Update to son's cat bite

taz69
10-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Well, the cat is finally in custody. It is a younger cat, so they are not going to euthanize it, they will wait the 10 days and see how it does. All 5 kids have been to the doctor, and all are on antibiotics. Son's finger is swollen and sore-bet he thinks twice about chasing down stray cats again! The school is being VERY nice to all parents involved. They will be paying all medical bills. The health dept has been all over the teachers and administation involved -by law they MUST report animal bites (and NOT give away said animal). My DD is all upset because her favorite teacher is in trouble! Told her to get over it!
Thanks again to all who offered encouragement during this-I was a wreck, and you all REALLY helped me get through this.

loris520
10-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Great I am so glad things worked out for you.

ahippiechic
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Glad they are getting things straightened out! Hope your son's bite heals fast!

iluvmybaby
10-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Well, the cat is finally in custody. It is a younger cat, so they are not going to euthanize it, they will wait the 10 days and see how it does. All 5 kids have been to the doctor, and all are on antibiotics. Son's finger is swollen and sore-bet he thinks twice about chasing down stray cats again! The school is being VERY nice to all parents involved. They will be paying all medical bills. The health dept has been all over the teachers and administration involved -by law they MUST report animal bites (and NOT give away said animal). My DD is all upset because her favorite teacher is in trouble! Told her to get over it!
Thanks again to all who offered encouragement during this-I was a wreck, and you all REALLY helped me get through this.

DANG the the kids have to have rabies shots?!?!

freeby4me
10-25-2007, 07:07 AM
DANG the the kids have to have rabies shots?!?!

Not unless the animal starts showing signs. Thats why they're keeping it contained. The anti-biotics are for the cat scratch fever or other infection.

PrincessArky
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
glad they are all doing better

peaceluver
10-25-2007, 07:48 AM
I am glad they found the cat and that everything has turned out so well. Hopefully none of the kids will have to go through the pain of shots.

magenta
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
I am glad it is all working out w/ the admin. of the school. Good thing they found the cat. Maybe the pizza girl will end up adopting it.

okie
10-25-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm glad things worked out and hopefully they won't have to take the shots.

kidzpca
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Best of luck to you.....

ladybugva
10-25-2007, 10:07 AM
glad to hear things worked out ok. Hope DS finger gets better soon and I bet he will think twice before chasing down wild animals, at least it was a cat and not a racoon or skunk.

Shann
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
that's great they have the cat in custody. hope the bite heals up fast and the kitty shows no sign of rabies.