PDA

View Full Version : How stupid can you be?

belleofpa
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM
OMG! I am so sick and tired of these people around here. What part of stupid are you? My son just moved back in with me with his 2 dogs. I already have 3 of my own, so now we have 2 collies, a rottweiler, a St Bernard and a shepperd mix. The 2 collies are outside in kennels and the other 3 are in the house with me. I keep the Rott on a chain out back when she goes out to potty and the other 2, my sons dogs, I just let run around the yard.
Ok, hers my rant....
I have these 2 neighbors that are always walking their dogs in front of my house, which by the way is on a dead end road. Anyhow, they proceed to cut thru mine and my neighbors yard on their way back home. HELLO!!!
Do you not see the Rottweiler at the end of her chain? Can you not hear the St Bernard going balistic in the house wanting to get at your dog? Do you not see and hear the 2 collies? Why do you insist on doing this two-four freaking times a day?
One of these days my Rott is going to break her chain and these guys are going to be sorry. I almost want to let them all outside when these azzholes do this.
I wont be held resopnsible when one of them do go after these idiots! Do you not see the beware of dog signs on the tree out back and the garage? :rules

I get so tired of yelling at my dogs because these guys insist on walking their dogs by my house.
I live in the boonies, they could go 100 other places but NO, that would be to easy.

One of these days.................... :getyou

ahippiechic
10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't be yelling at my dogs, I'd be yelling at the people.

evrita
10-23-2007, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be yelling at my dogs, I'd be yelling at the people.

What she said and I would be putting up beware of dog and no trespassing sign to protect your azz :rules

http://www.daddysgunshop.com/pages/contact/beware-of-dog.jpg

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
^^^ What they both said. ^^^

Shann
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree, there is no reason for them to be cutting onto your property. The next time they do I'd go out and have a chat w/ them. That would annoy me too

stetne
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
We have a lady that lives in an apartment down the street that does the same thing. I've actually been getting something out of my car in MY driveway when she came walking her old, overweight yappy minpin. We live on the corner so she came walking down the side road, she walked off the side road into my driveway, across my driveway into the yard and let her dog walk across my side deck til they got to the front and proceded to walk thru the front yard out onto the street. I was so shocked I couldn't say a word - I just watched the whole process.
About 11 months ago we rescued a dog and during the nice days he stays in the fenced in side/back yard. "The dog lady" has been feeding him treats during her walk. My 14 year old daughter is home during her walk and has asked her several times to please not feed the dog.
One day this summer the dog lady was walking her dog and the kids and I were packing the van to go to the lake for the weekend and had the dog in the fenced yard without his food and water bowl (we were getting ready to go on a 3 hour drive!!). The dog lady walked thru the yard and commented that the dog needs water and food and I yelled back that she needed to mind her own business and stay off my property before I call the cops. Then, the final straw was about 2 months ago. My husband and I had just pulled in the driveway from work and the dog lady was at the furthest end of the fence feeding the dog thru the fence and my daughter was walking in crying. When we walked into the yard my daughter told us that the dog lady told her that we weren't fit to have a dog and that she was going to make sure our dog was taken away and given to a good home. My husband went over to her (thru the fence) and pretty much threatened her to stay away from our kids and to stay off our property. He's also told her that she had been warned before so if he catches her, cops will be called. She actually had the nerve to say she wasn't doing anything wrong.
She's pretty much scared of us now - or at least scared of my husband. Whenever she sees him she walks away from our house. :.)

Taterbo
10-24-2007, 12:09 AM
The land they cut across is it yours???If it is then they would be tresspassing..If it is not yours, do they have landowners permisson to be on it. Some people just don't use their heads..

BlueBerriTerri
10-24-2007, 04:26 AM
You probably should tell them to stop. I don't know what the law is if your dog does get loose and they get bitten, but you don't want to be held responsible, especially since it's their own fault for walking in your yard. The law can be funny like that, even if you have posted signs. I'd get a few pics of them trespassing and record each incident just so I would have proof.

PrincessArky
10-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Next time simply tell them to get the hell out of your yard or you are letting the dogs out

Adra
10-24-2007, 07:29 AM
I don't care for dogs, actually am afraid of dogs, all sizes and all breeds.

I live in the country and people here just let their dogs run free. My neighbors dogs are trained *lol* to come to my yard and do their business. These dogs run down the road and bark at me when I am in my yard, or if I am walking in the afternoons for my exercise.

An older man around here (he is called the town drunk) rides his bycicle to town and the neighbors dog always chase him. I am just holding my breath cause I know that sooner or later they are going to either hurt that man, or cause him to fall, and hurt himself.

Right now there is a black dog under my steps, and I have no idea where it came from. It was not here when baby and i went to get groceries this morning and was here, cowering under my steps, when I returned.

In the last 3 days there has been 3 cats dropped off here. One of them looks like a part persian, it is furry yellow and orange, and very loving. My grandson calls her meow meow.

But at this time we do not want any pets. I should not have to put up a fence to keep unwanted animals out of my yard. So in this case you and I agree, I wish people would keep their animals in their yard, and not in mine.

Sorry to hi-jack your post for my own vent and whine.

PS I just went to check on black puppy, yes it is a puppy and it is still there. I don't want to feed it cause then it will never go back home (if it did just run away from it's home)but I don't want it to go hungry either.

lymi
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
I would have some sprinklers ready to go. When ya see them coming, bam. I would try to time it to where they got a good soaking

Mary_Jo3
10-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I've always liked the sign "I can make it across the yard in 3 seconds, can you?" We have had people reach over the fence to pet my dogs, who by the way are growling and foaming at the mouth, then ask "do they bite", duh ya probably, you are a total stranger. None of my dogs has ever bitten someone but I was told that if one of those idiot's reach over the fence and get bitten it's my fault. I have a 4 foot high fence, people are just stupid, and you can't outlaw stupid. :slap

belleofpa
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
To answer a couple of questions,
Yes, I have no trespassing and beware of dog signs posted.
They cut between my house and my neighbors but more to my neighbors side of the property than mine.
I had one of those signs, My Rotty can make it to the fence in 3 seconds but it got old and faded.
I holler obsenities at them everytime I do catch them out back...lol

YankeeMary
10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Talk with your neighbor, have them join forces with you and keep them from cutting through. Or you could walk out and tell them, you shouldn't cut through, I am afraid if my dog would break loose it will hurt or kill your dog, maybe fear will stop them? People are idiots and like someone above said, you can't outlaw stupid.

loveswolfs
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
We were going to get a sign that said beware of dog & when talking to our neighbor who's a cop he told us not to because once we put that sign up we knew that the dog could go after some one and bite them & then we would get in trouble for having a dog that bites. Not sure if thats like that in every city or state.

A friend of mine had to get rid of her dog that was in her yard behind a fence. Seams the neighbor kids would walk up and try and pet the dog even after telling them not to. Well a little girl got bit and my friends home owners ins said get rid of the dog or we will drop you.

I would talk to the ppl first, & if that didnt work, i would be calling the cops, taking pictures.

Jackie_Blu
10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I would go out to meet them with forms to sign saying they release you from responsibility for any injury they or their dogs may incur by your dogs if they continue to walk through/next to your property, after repeated requests you have made for them not to do so, as it irritates and excites your dogs. Possibly have your neighbor witness this. Have enough copies so they each can sign & keep one, and one with each signature for your files. If this doesn't work, I would visit with the law enforcement in your area & explain the problem. Maybe they can pay them a visit & make them change their walking routes.

belleofpa
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Loveswolf, yes I think they have that law here in Pa also. It's called harboring a mean dog. The thing is NONE of these dogs would hurt a flea. I know they wouldn't go after the neighbors, just their dogs.
I've never even thought of taking pics of them. I'll have to do that a few times just for my own records.
We have a security camera out front that we use to watch the deer come in to the feeder, so we see these idiots walk by all the time out front. The thing is, being a "public" St. theres nothing we can do about them out front.
Maybe we should move it out back???? The one guy knows we have it, he just doesnt know where it is. He's come to the point that when he gets to our garage at night, he will turn off his flashlight thinking that we dont see him...lmao. What a jerk.

YankeeMary
10-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I would go out to meet them with forms to sign saying they release you from responsibility for any injury they or their dogs may incur by your dogs if they continue to walk through/next to your property, after repeated requests you have made for them not to do so, as it irritates and excites your dogs. Possibly have your neighbor witness this. Have enough copies so they each can sign & keep one, and one with each signature for your files. If this doesn't work, I would visit with the law enforcement in your area & explain the problem. Maybe they can pay them a visit & make them change their walking routes.

Good ideas.

loveswolfs
10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Loveswolf, yes I think they have that law here in Pa also. It's called harboring a mean dog. The thing is NONE of these dogs would hurt a flea. I know they wouldn't go after the neighbors, just their dogs.
I've never even thought of taking pics of them. I'll have to do that a few times just for my own records.
We have a security camera out front that we use to watch the deer come in to the feeder, so we see these idiots walk by all the time out front. The thing is, being a "public" St. theres nothing we can do about them out front.
Maybe we should move it out back???? The one guy knows we have it, he just doesnt know where it is. He's come to the point that when he gets to our garage at night, he will turn off his flashlight thinking that we dont see him...lmao. What a jerk.

Our dog didnt either, we just wanted to keep ppl out of our yard so thought about getting that sign thinking that would help, glad we talked to the neighbor. I would put lights out in the back too..and very bright ones..and when he thinks he is out of sight flip them on lol.

belleofpa
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Ok, so I just went and asked said neighbor about walking his dog between the properties. He says.. It's not me, I just go down the road. Ok, whatever, like I dont see you all the time. I told him I wasnt trying to start trouble, I was just afraid my Rotty was going to break her chain and go after his dog. Oh well............ He's been warned.

ahippiechic
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Ok, so I just went and asked said neighbor about walking his dog between the properties. He says.. It's not me, I just go down the road. Ok, whatever, like I dont see you all the time. I told him I wasnt trying to start trouble, I was just afraid my Rotty was going to break her chain and go after his dog. Oh well............ He's been warned.

You should have told him you have him on tape.

PrincessArky
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM

I would have said oh thank god at least now I know I wont be shooting at you next time it happens

ahippiechic
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I would have said oh thank god at least now I know I wont be shooting at you next time it happens

LMAO! Yeah that!

klutzie56
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe you should call the police and see what you can do. They have just passed some very strick laws in our area about dogs. Several people have been bitten in the yard or the home of the dog owner. So it does'nt even matter if you keep your dog inside and he bites someone. One woman was visiting a neighbor and his dog got her in the juggler vein. She almost did'nt make it. In my town they also limit how many dogs you can own.

cabby92
10-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Tell the cops you fear his dog when they walk through your yard. They really couldn't ignore that, could they? Who cares if he has Sally the little poodle or whatever, it's your yard.

belleofpa
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
What gets me is I HAVE to see this mans wife everyday. She's the post-mistress here! When I tried to mention this to her today she freaking went off on me because "I was bringing her family problems to her work" Well excuse me!! She got the old man to come out front and he more or less looked at me like I was a piece of shit for bringing this up to him.
Like I said...Oh well...you've been warned.

Jevonna
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
You have to keep your dogs under control if you
want your mail delivered. JMO

MistyWolf
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
No way in hell anyone would be walking on my property with or without a dog. We do have a dog and I would be pissed if someone was cutting through bothering him.

I had some guy step into my front yard over the summer to take a pic of the moon (that is what he said he was doing) and I asked him why he was on my property. He said he was taking a pic of the moon for his GF who likes the moon .. do I mind (snotty may I add) and I told him yes I do mind to get the hell off my property!

I won't stand for it.

MistyWolf
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
We were going to get a sign that said beware of dog & when talking to our neighbor who's a cop he told us not to because once we put that sign up we knew that the dog could go after some one and bite them & then we would get in trouble for having a dog that bites. Not sure if thats like that in every city or state.

A friend of mine had to get rid of her dog that was in her yard behind a fence. Seams the neighbor kids would walk up and try and pet the dog even after telling them not to. Well a little girl got bit and my friends home owners ins said get rid of the dog or we will drop you.

I would talk to the ppl first, & if that didnt work, i would be calling the cops, taking pictures.

We recently put a sign on our fence but to keep people out because kids (teens) like to rifle through cars and they don't care if yours is parked in the drive or not. They don't care if it's locked or not!

But, I was told before that when you put a "beware of dog" sign that you are admitting that your dog is mean and you can get in trouble for that. Ours is the furthest from mean, but we still have sign up with hopes of keeping ppl out.

Only person our dog barks at and I haven't a clue why is the UPS man .. and he is super nice .. lol.

G'maDebbie
10-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Next time simply tell them to get the hell out of your yard or you are letting the dogs out

this comment cracked me up...sounds like something I would do

belleofpa
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
I dont have to worry about mail delivery. This is just a small village and I have to go to the post office to get my mail. Thats why I have to see this mans wife everyday.
I liked the one about not having to worry about shooting you now...that was good. Not sure who said that but thanks for the idea.
The postmisstresses husband wouldnt even look at me today when I went up there and she was still acting like a b*tch.
On the other hand, they havent walked by here for a couple of days now so maybe it did work.
I guess time will tell.

Jackie_Blu
10-26-2007, 06:48 PM

I used something similar to this to get rid of Jehovah's witnesses lol I live in the country, my dog was always at my side whether I was inside or outside working in the yard. They pulled up, I hooked my finger thru her collar as she got real excited when she saw them getting out of the car (not in a good way either) I just told them I only had her by 1 finger & wasnt gonna hold her long like that, so I would suggest they get back in their car and leave. They did lol