PDA

View Full Version : Payment

honey79574
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I may be wrong for writing this but that is how I feel.Why is it when you win an auction or buy something from some sellers,they feel that they can rush you to pay as soon as the auction is over.I won the auction and have every intention of paying for the items as soon as possible and notified the seller when it would be paid,but what gets me is when the seller keeps sending me pm's about this and then to tell me because she has a bill to pay,what person doesn't have bills to pay,this really makes me upset,I have always paid even though it may be a couples of days later.

okie
10-23-2007, 08:28 AM
The ones I hate the most are the sellers on Ebay who expect you to pay within 24 hours but they take a week to ship the item. If you are going to demand payment within that time then I feel that you should ship within that time. I normally pay right after because I don't bid if I don't have the money already but sometimes if I know that I will have the money within a few days and it's something I really want then I will bid.

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
If I buy something, I pay right away.

If I had an auction, I would want someone to pay right away. Do not buy it if you dont have the money "in hand" because something might happen in a couple of days and then what? If you dont have the money then....

ahippiechic
10-23-2007, 09:21 AM

If I had an auction, I would want someone to pay right away. Do not buy it if you dont have the money "in hand" because something might happen in a couple of days and then what? If you dont have the money then....

I don't do the auctions here, but at Ebay, I don't bid unless i have the money. I pay as soon as the auction ends. But if I had an auction, I would want the buyer to pay right away, if not, I would worry if they were going to or not.

loris520
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I like to pay right away. I feel better knowing its paid and I will not forget about it down the road. Personally It does not bother me if someone buys something and does not pay instantly. Now if its a couple days later and nothing I would PM the person. I also never bid or buy something I do not have the funds for right away.

PrincessArky
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
well if you order something from a catalog or online store you pay when you order right? I would just think if you weren't prepared to pay as soon as ya won the auction ya shouldn't have bid. I don't do the fsot thing much at all simply because I am not a trusting person and I have read a ton of horror stories about ppl here getting screwed over.

Pepsi4me
10-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I know I don't bid or buy unless I have the money.

Shann
10-23-2007, 10:45 AM

same here

buttrfli
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM

Same here. A lot of people sell stuff because they need the money, so waiting is not much of an option.

Did you let the seller know there would be a delay in payment before you bid or after you won?

honey79574
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
the seller knows I told her what day I would pay and it was a couple of days and that was ok with her but when you keep sending pm,s after that,I have every intention of paying the seller that is what I said from the start,I never said I wasn't going to pay,I always pay after the auction ends but had to wait a couple of days.

earnhardt1
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
if you win an auction on saturday should the seller not want their money by tuesday??????????
and if you send someone 2 pm's and they ignore you well yea i will send another esp when it shows the person has been online since then and ignored my pm

ahippiechic
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Yep. if you ignore my PM, and I know you've been on here, then yeah, I would send another one.

honey79574
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I didn't know I had to answer 11 times to confirm that I would pay her but it doesn't matter now it is taken care of.So Mods can you lock this thread. Thanks for the replies.

earnhardt1
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
imo waiting 4 days for pmt is more than needed and not answering pm's till the 4th day would make anyone think they were being scammed

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
imo waiting 4 days for pmt is more than needed and not answering pm's till the 4th day would make anyone think they were being scammed

I would indeed think I was being scammed. Also, why are you asking to have this thread closed?

honey79574
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
it is taken care of that is the only reason why I asked for it to be closed,I wasn't trying to scam her or any body else on here i just asked a question and I got replies and i am not trying to start and arguements from anyone.

earnhardt1
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
so yes i was the seller and yes i was upset that i was being ignored i was told today i would receive payment and i had sent 3 regular pm's and ended up having send the confirmed one before i received a reply so yes i was thinking i got scammed until pmt was just made but just becasue u have traded with someone b4 doesnt mean that they will always be a good trader
but i beleive those are my rights as a seller,i also think that a buyer should ask these questions b4 they bid not after they win
but i am not going to argue with her about it it was paid and she doesnt see my point so it's all gravy

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM
it is taken care of

Thats good. Now that you've seen some responses from people on here, do you still think its good to win an auction without the money available to send right over?

Also, why does it matter how many PM's are sent? You should be answering them. Any amount of them.

Kyla Kym
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM

I agree, because that's 4 days you could have relisted it and sold it again.

Back when I use to sell allot on eBay, I would list allot of big ticket items right before Christmas, because you would make more during that time. But you only had a short time line to get stuff sold as Christmas items. Like 3 weeks then people stop buying them because it won't arrive in time for Christmas. I would always get really panic-y feeling if someone won a auction that was a big ticket item and didn't contact me right away. I didn't want to have to wait a week to find out if they were going to scam me or not, because I wouldn't have time to relist it in time for Christmas shoppers.

Donnac36
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
As soon as that auction ends if I win I pay immediately. I dont want them to wait. Why make them wait?

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
so yes i was the seller and yes i was upset that i was being ignored i was told today i would receive payment and i had sent 3 regular pm's and ended up having send the confirmed one before i received a reply so yes i was thinking i got scammed until pmt was just made but just becasue u have traded with someone b4 doesnt mean that they will always be a good trader
but i beleive those are my rights as a seller,i also think that a buyer should ask these questions b4 they bid not after they win
but i am not going to argue with her about it it was paid and she doesnt see my point so it's all gravy

Yes, I agree with that. Im glad that everything is all worked out.

Honey, with everything thats been going on with the FSOT forum right now, you cant blame her for getting nervous. Its never good to ignore the PM's.

Kyla Kym
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Also, why does it matter how many PM's are sent? You should be answering them. Any amount of them.

That's true, I've had people contact me and say they are going to pay, and never did. So just contacting someone doesn't necessarily mean you are going to pay.