PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff...anyone here a fainter???

Shancopp
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
This is a spinoff of the Dancing w/ the Stars thread and the video of Marie Osmond fainting on tv.

Are you a fainter??

I have never fainted. I wonder what it's like? Going to sleep? Strange, huh?

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm hypoglycemic, so yes, I faint sometimes. Not in awhile, I have it mostly under control now tho.

MistyWolf
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
I hyperventilated once (partying back in the day ;)) but aside from that, no I have never fainted .. lol.

Heidi
10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I fainted once when I was in high school. The little boy that I was babysitting got bit by a dog on his face and I had to take him to the DR. to get stitches. I passed out when I was trying to comfort him and the DR. was stitching him up. A lot of help I was!

loveswolfs
10-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I fainted once after hitting my elbow really hard. When i came too it felt like i was out for hours but my daughter said it was only a few seconds. Not some thing i care to feel again. I felt really out of it.

dv8grl
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
i fainted once from giving blood., they didn't let me drink my juice & eat my cookie, so I passed out when they tried to rush me out.
I loved it, it was the best sleep I ever had, I was upset when they woke me up!

I do get very light headed & nearly faint if someone starts talking about medical problems, or issues or really anything that has to do w/ the medical procedures. I almost passed out once when someone was telling me about a broken leg.

I've blacked-out / passsed-out from drinking plenty.. but thats different! LMAO!

pepperpot
10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I've blacked-out / passsed-out from drinking plenty.. but thats different! LMAO!
:lol that's funny :slap

Nope, never fainted :lol

Shann
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I have never fainted either. Marie went down pretty hard :(

Shancopp
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM

lol! I've done that too many times to count. Usually after a round of visiting the porecilan God and watching the room spin.

I did get dizzy once after getting 7 vials of blood taken at an early pregnancy appt. Had to sit down w/ a wet rag on my head.

Mini
10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I fainted before twice in a few mins. Not going to say why..LOL But I def dont ever want that to happen again. The first time I didnt even realize I had done it I was only out for a second or 2 then got up walked a lil ways then did again and my bf was there an he got me up an helped me over to sit down. It was a very scarey feeling to me it wasnt like sleeping it was like I was dead(course I dont know what that feels like but idk how to explain it) like I wasnt even there I wasnt aware of anything I dont know how he got me awake just remember my name

okie
10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
The only time I have ever passed out was from drinking too much. I was barely 18 at the time and my ex made Oklahoma Ice Tea, kinda like Long Island Ice Tea( think that's what it's called). I don't remember how many I drank but I guess alot. He told me when I woke up the next morning that I was walking to the bedroom and I passed out in the hallway.

Jackie_Blu
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
lol! I've done that too many times to count. Usually after a round of visiting the porecilan God and watching the room spin.

OMG yep same here. Don't think I have ever just fainted tho. I did see a program on t.v. the other night about "fainting sheep" lol

justme23
10-23-2007, 12:01 AM
The first time I fainted I was 12. I had taken a hot shower and then run the blow dryer w/out turning on the fan or opening the door. When I walked out and the cold air hit me I fell flat on my face. I busted the crap out of my knee. I woke up immediately I think. Well I assume I did, there were ppl home and nobody actually found me.

The second time I fainted I had just finished donating plasma and as soon as we got in the car we smoked a joint. I was ok until we got to where we were going and they didn't have the air on and I got too hot. I got up to go outside and cool off and hit a wall and fell on my butt. It was kind of weird, I felt like I was dreaming and watching myself hit a wall. When I came to they told me that's what I did amid all their giggles. They never let me get high w/ them again after donating.

The only time I feel faint now is when I get over heated. It was bad one day in August standing in line to get in to see Tool, I really thought I was gonna pass out any second. Finally, after begging the security guys they let me sit just inside the door and wait for my husband (who had to stay in line).

hotwheelstx
10-23-2007, 12:35 AM
No, I'm not and I've never come close to it. My mother and aunt were frequent fainters though.....drop of a hat on the floor.

Army-Mom
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
It has never happened to me but my mom it does..

nightrider127
10-23-2007, 04:24 AM
I have felt faint plenty of times but have only fainted 3 times in my life. Twice it was because I had a virus, the 3rd time was (I think) because my blood sugar fell real low. It's not a good feeling, not like going to sleep at all.

magenta
10-23-2007, 04:37 AM
I only faint when I am pregnant. It is embarrassing to say the least. Once we were standing in line for ice cream. I went out cold. DH caught me carried me to a bench, I woke up and these people were around me, a DR was taking my pulse. What a show I was that day.

It is surreal. The noise around you gets far away but louder, and makes no sense, but the objects seem to get closer and they are moving slower & silently. It is hard to explain. Then it feels like you're being pulled out of it really fast. Plus it freaks people out.

PrincessArky
10-23-2007, 04:38 AM
thankfully not even close once

Sweetberries
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
nope never fainted once in my life

Starlady01
10-23-2007, 05:24 AM
As I get older I have noticed more dizzy spells, to my knowledge I've only fainted once. It was at a doctors office and I had test done they said I didn't faint it was a seizure. I have not since had a seizure that I know of this was years ago I mean years ago. But I do have dizzy spells sometimes.

I saw that on yahoo news where she had fainted. She may have breathing problems I have noticed where I thought I had forgot to breathe only to find out I needed a breathing treatment. That is what I feels like , like your holding your breath. I ain't actually holding my breathe I'm breathing shallow. That is in my case tho not sure about Marie case. She may have just forgot to breathe.

tracyb
10-23-2007, 05:28 AM
I have felt the feeling many times but have not hit the floor......I get the black tunnel vision when it starts coming on....ughhhh Ih ate that feeling......but when I was really young....like 12..we was playing a game where somebody stands behind you with there arms around you and squeezing you while your holding your breath...that is the time I fainted.....and the crazy boy dropped me because he didn't know I had passed out and I hit my face on a fan.....that was stupid...do not do that...lol

buttrfli
10-23-2007, 06:10 AM
I fainted once... I was 14 and at Disney world with one of my friends. It was REALLY hot and I got in line to get something to drink. Last thing I remember was thinking that the guy behind me looked like Adam Ant and then I wondered if he would catch me ..... he didn't :lol

MistyWolf
10-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Did you think he was hot back in the day too? .. lol

http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/adam_and_the_ants/adam_and_the_ants_5.jpg

Tasha405
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
I have twice. Once after I had gotten burned real bad in a tanning bed. I am really fair skinned and I had to start out at like 3 minutes when going to the tanning bed, then work my way up SLOWLY in minutes. Well I had made it up to 10 minutes and the had a young girl working in there that day. She asked me how long I was going that day and I said... well I'm finally up to 10 minutes. She said oh ok, we have a 10 minute bed just for that. I was... umm.. I thought the 10 minute beds were like going 20 - 30 minutes but getting it all within 10. She was like No, they are just 10 minutes.. like the other beds. So..... I was candy striped! I mean I couldn't bend my legs, I couldn't wear a bra, panties or anything. It was horrible!! I was so burnt. I woke up that night to go potty and get something to drink. Since I went to the kitchen first I decided to go to the bathroom on that side of the house. I remember walking in there but nothing else. Next thing I know I'm in the floor, half way in the hallway. DH was working and my son was sleeping. No one else was there.

The second time.. Well.. LOL
I had a stomach virus, BAD! I had been puking and running to the bathroom for like 2 days. Well I was having to sit on the toilet with a trash can on my lap, it was that bad. I had gotten up and DH came in there to check on me. I had just went into the bathroom. He was asking if I needed anything and if I was feeling better... I felt it coming on.. so I was just waving for him to walk out and shut the door. I was sitting on the toilet, trash can on lap and remember starting to puke.... next thing I know DH is pushing me back onto the toilet and throwing wet towels on my face and saying he was sorry, so sorry. I was like WTH?? He said he never even made it back into the living room before he heard me "fall". I was almost in the bath tub. He said all he seen was my butt in the air. LOL! My head was almost fully in the tub. I have a shelf right in front of the toilet and its a wonder I didn't fall right into it but I went over to the right instead. lol I was a little bruised up but if I had hit that shelf I would've really been hurt. lol

Shancopp
10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
I have twice. Once after I had gotten burned real bad in a tanning bed. I am really fair skinned and I had to start out at like 3 minutes when going to the tanning bed, then work my way up SLOWLY in minutes. Well I had made it up to 10 minutes and the had a young girl working in there that day. She asked me how long I was going that day and I said... well I'm finally up to 10 minutes. She said oh ok, we have a 10 minute bed just for that. I was... umm.. I thought the 10 minute beds were like going 20 - 30 minutes but getting it all within 10. She was like No, they are just 10 minutes.. like the other beds. So..... I was candy striped! I mean I couldn't bend my legs, I couldn't wear a bra, panties or anything. It was horrible!! I was so burnt. I woke up that night to go potty and get something to drink. Since I went to the kitchen first I decided to go to the bathroom on that side of the house. I remember walking in there but nothing else. Next thing I know I'm in the floor, half way in the hallway. DH was working and my son was sleeping. No one else was there.

:reddy:

The second time.. Well.. LOL
I had a stomach virus, BAD! I had been puking and running to the bathroom for like 2 days. Well I was having to sit on the toilet with a trash can on my lap, it was that bad. I had gotten up and DH came in there to check on me. I had just went into the bathroom. He was asking if I needed anything and if I was feeling better... I felt it coming on.. so I was just waving for him to walk out and shut the door. I was sitting on the toilet, trash can on lap and remember starting to puke.... next thing I know DH is pushing me back onto the toilet and throwing wet towels on my face and saying he was sorry, so sorry. I was like WTH?? He said he never even made it back into the living room before he heard me "fall". I was almost in the bath tub. He said all he seen was my butt in the air. LOL! My head was almost fully in the tub. I have a shelf right in front of the toilet and its a wonder I didn't fall right into it but I went over to the right instead. lol I was a little bruised up but if I had hit that shelf I would've really been hurt. lol

:toilet:

genericGal
10-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I've never fainted. I felt like I was going to but it never happened. My aunt has fainted before but thats because she was depressed and wasn't eating. Thankfully she passed out next to a woman who helped her up and took my aunt home.

BigLyd1
10-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Just once. I was very sick and very weak in the hospital. There were two guys/ interns around so I don't remember if one of them caught me. I think that's when they had taken me for some sort of test, one of those where you had to drink some stuff.

azwup05
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
When I was little, I used to pass out all the time. It was detemined to be an untreated severe concusion. It started when I was 7, and the last one was when I was 15. I consider myself very fortunate.