PDA

View Full Version : I am so upset and MAD!!!!!

taz69
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
My son just called from the High school, apparently there was a cat loose in the auditorium where they were performing today. 5 kids were bitten, including my son, all the bites broke the skin. They caught the cat, and had it in a box. One of the teachers gave the cat away to the pizza delivery girl! No-one notified health department, parents or anything! I called the health department, and they say all the kids need to have current tetnus shots and be put on anti-biotics, and the cat has to be located and impounded for 10 days, other wise all who had bites that broke the skin, will have to do the rabies series! What were the teachers at the school thinking!!!?????? I have left a message for the pizza girl, but she told them at the school she didn't want it to have to go to the pound. If she doesn't call me soon (I left a message at the pizza place) and give up the cat-there will be pepperoni flying! I am just seeing red! Probably over-reacting, but thats MY son with holes in his hand!:getyou

justme23
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Were they trying to catch the cat? That's crazy that they didn't bother to call anyone. I hope you have contacted the Principal so he can contact the other parents. Prayers for the kiddos and the scared moms!

freeby4me
10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Call the police and demand they go down and retreive that cat or I'd tell the teacher and the pizza lady that I would sue them for "my sons and any other persons series of rabies shots that were needed"

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Call the police and demand they go down and retreive that cat or I'd tell the teacher and the pizza lady that I would sue them for "my sons and any other persons series of rabies shots that were needed"

Yep, what she said!

taz69
10-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Teacher just called me, she's all back pedaling- "I didn't know anyone got bit". She already told me she gave 2 of the kids antiseptic wipes for their scratches. Health department is at the school now, and animal control is tracking down pizza girl-she didn't not return my call. Apparently she is making deliveries with the cat in her car. Bet her boss is thrilled! Son is home-has two big punctures on his finger. He sees the Dr at 8 tomorrow, tetnus and antibiotics. We will know in 10 days if all is ok with the cat-that's how long they keep them and observe them.

ssgjeg
10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't blame you I'd be pissed also. And yes pepperoni would be flying along with the teacher.

catdance
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Shoot, I would be equally as angry, this sounds very irresponsible and scary and I can say I would not be thrilled to recieve a pizza with a cat in the car, that is against every food service law there is, you might want to point this out to the Pizza place.
I hope the cat turns out to be negative, my BF the mailman got the rabies shots from a cat 3 years ago, at the clinic, he is the 'cat-man".
Funny now, but it was not at the time, the cat never turned up..

Shann
10-22-2007, 02:08 PM
keep us updated, I'd be mad too, it's the schools responsibility to keep the children safe while they're there and notify the parents if anything goes wrong, sounds like they've dropped the ball on this and I wouldn't be shocked if a lawsuit is in the making :(

ladybugva
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I would be angry also! I can't believe a teacher just gave the cat away. And the thought of some one delivering pizza w/ an animal in the car is just gross!!!

tracyb
10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
you have every right to be really mad.....my brother got cat scratch fever when we was younger....I always thought that was a made up thing to keep us away from kitty cats...I hope they find the cat and everybody is just fine

tngirl
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
As most of you know, I am a groomer. I don't know how many times that I have been bitten by a dog, never been to the doc for a dog bit. I got bit one day by a cat. Funny thing is, the cat was muzzled but it bit me through the muzzle. Luckily on one tooth came through and only halfway. I went STRAIGHT to the doctor, got a tetnus and started the antibiotic right away.

You don't mess with a cat bite because they have some really bad bacteria that live in their mouths. You really should get some antibiotics tonight if possible. When I worked for Petco some people got bit and scratched by a feral cat one of the rescue groups had. It had gotten loose in the store and they were all trying to catch it. The girl that worked at our store ended up off of work from her bite. Within a few hours her entire arm was swollen from the infection setting in that fast.

magenta
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow! I would be mad too! My son had cat scratch fever last may, he had to have surgery. Not fun!
Hope everything works out and they find the cat. Keep us posted!

okie
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
I would be pissed also. Call the school board and if that doesn't work then try the media. Maybe threaten a lawsuit if you have to.

pepperpot
10-22-2007, 09:05 PM
As most of you know, I am a groomer. I don't know how many times that I have been bitten by a dog,

You probably deserved it. :slap

I got bit one day by a cat.

I'm sure you deserved that too! :slap :slap

:p

P.S. I'd make it my business to keep to the other end of the animal if I were you....:huh

YankeeMary
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM

P.S. I'd make it my business to keep to the other end of the animal if I were you....:huh

Now I don't care who you are...thats funny....haha...

pepperpot
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Damn it Mary.....I still can't rep ya! :lol

Army-Mom
10-23-2007, 02:34 AM
I am so sorry this happened to your son..my prayers are with you..I would also hate to have pizza brought to my house with a cat in the car.

PrincessArky
10-23-2007, 06:26 AM
dang how did so many of them get bitten???

My son had cat scratch fever a couple of years ago and until then I thought it was a made up thing but actually very serious.

I got attacked by a freaking crazy cat that was given to me and I still have the marks on my legs from over a year ago.......My entire leg got infected

freeby4me
10-23-2007, 06:36 AM
OK update time.

Mary_Jo3
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Hope everything is going better for you today.
Who would have a pizza delivered to a school, and why would anyone think of giving it to her in the first place and why would she be dumb enough to take it? To many questions, someone is going to be in trouble big time.

taz69
10-23-2007, 07:54 AM
They finally got the cat into a trap-it has been hiding in the pizza lady's dashboard. Pooped there too I hear-good for it!! Cat is on the way to animal control, son is going to Dr at 1 for antibiotics. Animal control guy says it is a young cat, but it looks and acts like a wild cat. Will just do the waiting game now, to make sure cat is not sick. Talking to the school today about paying medical bills, we have insurance, but I don't think I need to pay co-pays and prescription fees because they are idiots. There were TWO teachers there-why didn't someone tell the dumb kids to STOP? And why didn't they report it? *is building another head of steam to blow off at the school*
Thank You all for all the support and comments. Hubby is out of town, and this has really had me freaked. This helps calm me down.....a bit

peaceluver
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
I would be upset also. You think schools would know how to handle a situation like this.

okie
10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I agree, the school should be paying all medical bills.

dangerousfem
10-23-2007, 09:23 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

irish123
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
omg !

Mom2Shaun
10-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Hang in there! And please keep us posted!