PDA

View Full Version : Its for the best.. its for the best....

buttrfli
10-22-2007, 07:05 AM
its for the best....

I keep telling myself that, but its not helping :slap

The city is burying the power lines in our neighborhood, which will be great when they are done.... if they ever get done! All the yards are tore up, the work trucks continually block driveways (could someone tell me how to say "move your damn truck" in spanish, please?) and now its raining and there is mud everywhere.

The asplundah guys just pulled up to trim trees... for once I am glad we don't have any! LOL

I am just bitchy today... finally get a day off work and I don't know what else to do ;)

freeby4me
10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Geez, sounds like quite a mess! If you just got off of work, perhaps a drink is in mind?? Oh wait....its only like 8:00 there LOL Nothing like starting early eh LOL

buttrfli
10-22-2007, 07:25 AM
LOL if I drank, that would be a splendid idea!

Maybe I should start ;)

dv8grl
10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
That does sound like an inconvenience ~ but it is for the best., i wish our city would start doing that here.

mueva su carro por favor is please move your truck ~ if you want damn truck its - mueva su carro maldito por favor

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 07:31 AM
mueva su maldito carro! (I think, lol!)

I left out the 'please"!

dv8grl
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
mueva su maldito carro! (I think, lol!)

I left out the 'please"!
LOL ~ I speak backwards spanish!

buttrfli
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
LOL ya'll crack me up ... but I wrote it down because I am going to have to say it in about 15 minutes LOL

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 07:34 AM
LOL ~ I speak backwards spanish!

I speak 'street spanish', lol! It's probably not proper grammer!

buttrfli
10-22-2007, 07:36 AM
I speak 'street spanish', lol! It's probably not proper grammer!

If it gets the truck moved, I don't care LOL

freeby4me
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM

Better give them a couple extra minutes.

I wonder why they think its OK to block the driveways, I thought that was illegal.

Tasha405
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM

Go out there like... :getyou maybe they will get the hint??

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 07:40 AM
They are putting in the new Light Rail downtown and I have NEVER seen such a mess, it's such a bitch to get from a bus stop, across all the construction to the businesses. I avoid it all costs! And I'm so glad that the Light rail tracks wont be coming to my 'hood for a while yet!

dv8grl
10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
They are putting in the new Light Rail downtown and I have NEVER seen such a mess, it's such a bitch to get from a bus stop, across all the construction to the businesses. I avoid it all costs! And I'm so glad that the Light rail tracks wont be coming to my 'hood for a while yet!
I forgot that was going on, we lived on Apache for awhile right when they said it would go right there. How are those huge condos on Tempe Town lake, they have to be done by now, I could imagine what it looks like down there. Is the mill still there?

ahippiechic
10-22-2007, 09:14 AM
I forgot that was going on, we lived on Apache for awhile right when they said it would go right there. How are those huge condos on Tempe Town lake, they have to be done by now, I could imagine what it looks like down there. Is the mill still there?

Yes, the mill is still there, those condo are HUGE, but really nice. I need to get to Tmeps for some shopping, haven't been in a while.

Here is a map of the Light Rail route...
http://www.lightrail.com/maps/phoenix/phoenix.htm

The have some animations of it here...
http://www.valleymetro.org/METRO_light_rail/Downloads/Animations/index.htm
I can't wait to ride it!

But it take 2-3 times as long to go anywhere downtown now, with only 1 lane in each direction open and sometimes those are stopped for a while.

Butterfli, did they move the truck for you???

evrita
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
TY I needed this I have a mental image of you outside attempting spanish telling someone to move the damn truck and if that doesnt work you just getting in it and moving it yourself.