PDA

View Full Version : $85 for a taxi! From airport to Redskins stadium for hubby.

Pepsi4me
10-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Hubby was offered a ticket to todays game at Fedex stadium for the Redskins game. He's been friends with this guy on the Redskins message board for 5 yrs & they have chatted on the phone also. He told hubby if he could get to Washington he has a ticket for him. This guy gets season tickets every year.

Well hubby left early this morning. Air fair each way was $189 which I though was a lot. I had asked him how he was getting from the airport to the stadium & he said by taxi which should be around $40-$50. He called me 30 mins ago & he had just gotten to the stadium. I asked how much the taxi was & it was $85!!!:stunned

He said he needs to find a better way back & I said oh yeah.

Hubby has been a Redskins fan for 20 yrs & really wanted to go but Geesh this is turning out to cost a lot!

freeby4me
10-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Yikes that sure does sound like a whole bunch. For that price I almost would try to hitchhike.

Just tell him to make it up to you with a really big Christmas present LOL

Pepsi4me
10-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Yikes that sure does sound like a whole bunch. For that price I almost would try to hitchhike.

Just tell him to make it up to you with a really big Christmas present LOL

He should had rented a car at the airport for that price.

Yeah, Christmas better be good for me this year....LOL!

Quaker_Parrots
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
which airport did he fly into? If it was a taxi from Dulles, that is about 42 miles, so that is about right, depending on traffic could take up to 2 hours to get there. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fedex+field&sll=35.224359,-80.852058&sspn=0.010745,0.023346&ie=UTF8&t=k&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1

hotwheelstx
10-21-2007, 03:21 PM
I know here (Houston) if you're at the airport they charge you a flat rate no matter where you're going. It's somewhere around $40.00. If you live far out like we do it'll eat your lunch, Christmas and any other thing you're saving for.

Glad hubby got to go though. In our case that would be hubby's Christmas gift....lol.

Shann
10-21-2007, 03:24 PM
he should def rent a car next time.. hell a lot of them run specials, it prob would have only been $50 at the most including gas.

MsLynn
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
he should def rent a car next time.. hell a lot of them run specials, it prob would have only been $50 at the most including gas.

AND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR BOTH WAYS!!!

i know its alot, but you know he's so happy right now!!! and that you can't put a price on.

Pepsi4me
10-21-2007, 03:56 PM
AND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FOR BOTH WAYS!!!

i know its alot, but you know he's so happy right now!!! and that you can't put a price on.

I know he's very happy! He called me & the Redskins won 21-19 so it was a close game.

I'm happy he finally got to go to a game & I could just imagine the grin on his face the entire time.

earnhardt1
10-21-2007, 04:44 PM
atleast he got to see them win too that would make it worth it

Kyla Kym
10-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Is that $189 there and $189 back? Or is that $189 for a round trip ticket?

Pepsi4me
10-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Is that $189 there and $189 back? Or is that $189 for a round trip ticket?

$189 there & $189 back.
He checked the rates 1 week before we moved to VT & they were way cheaper. When we finally got internet & he went to book the flights which was about 3 weeks later they were way more.

Kyla Kym
10-21-2007, 05:35 PM
$189 there & $189 back.
He checked the rates 1 week before we moved to VT & they were way cheaper. When we finally got internet & he went to book the flights which was about 3 weeks later they were way more.

Dang! So it cost about half a grand just for the plane & taxi ride! He must really love the Redskins. :)

Pepsi4me
10-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Dang! So it cost about half a grand just for the plane & taxi ride! He must really love the Redskins. :)

Yes,he does.....LOL! Total cost was $600
(not sure how much he spent on souvenirs yet...LOL!)

That includes-

flights
taxi
bringing VT maple syrup & pickled polish sausages for the guy who gave him the ticket to the game

But I do know that he got me & the girls each a tie dyed Redskins t-shirt...:D

ladybugva
10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
my Bro and 2 cousins were at the game today also! They got season tickets this yr. I think they sold some of them to help offset the cost. I think they all went into hock to get them but since their name finally came up on the list they didn't want to pass up the chance.

iluvmybaby
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
You only live once! I am glad hubby made it to the game and that he had a great time. Next time, have him buy a big screen TV with HD and surround sound, for $500 he can ALMOST be there and feel like he really is!

xtrememom
10-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Which Airport did he fly into? IF he flew into National he could have taken Metro/Subway to The Stadium well pretty close to it and walked or I believe they have free shuttles to the Stadium from The Metro Station . IF he flew into Dulles he could have taken a shuttle to National and then Grabbed the Metro to the stadium. I maybe a Native but I am not a Redskins Girl am a Ravens Girl was a Colts girl before that and it drove my father nuts he had season tickets and when he retired to FL he gave them up since I didnt want them.

I was actually thinking about you earlier today and the fiasco with the Jersey was going to PM you and offer to hit up the REdskins store to see if they had the Jersey you were looking for. I hope he brought you lots of goodies !!

hblueeyes
10-22-2007, 02:49 AM
I used to fly ALOT. I always bypassed the taxis and opted for a limo. It was a nicer ride and much cheaper.

Me

catdance
10-22-2007, 06:23 AM
I hope he had a Beer and a Hotdog for that price, but I am a DIE HARD Football fan, so I can see myself doing that!
Just a HELLOVA expensive "Boy's day out"

iluvmybaby
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
For the way back, find out if he can take the airport shuttle, they will pick you up for a lot cheaper then a taxi