PDA

View Full Version : I wrote this on the class bulletin board.

Barcode
10-20-2007, 11:55 PM
A few months back I mentioned taking an online Dietary class from my states tech school.

For the first half of the class I got 8 A's 1 B and ah a C.

Second part of the book we have a new instructor. Her first test sucked. Her wording was ABSTACT and I failed, got an F. Her assignment on the same chapter was just as bad. And I let her Know it. Since I didn't include WATER in my daily log, I GOT aaaaaaa Zero! This written below is what I posted for all other students to see, since the instructor didnt email us individually to let us know that we didnt understand her. She emailed everyone our names. So .. Feeling slightly amused by this open discussion, I felt safe to discuss it openly as well .. here goes my post.:
To THE CLASS

Clarity of Instructors

This is my opinion and only my opinion and not the law. But i'm not going to
swallow this and take it.
Our new instructor may reply to this, in her defense but she has proven to me that she has no defense as she is not like our last instructor who actually tested you on things she instructed you in. This one didn't even do the assignment herself. If she did, she would know that water is a free food (according to the appendex and not to be included in the food log but wants to give me a zero for that).. I will take the F and the Zero for I'm trying to show this instructor that her wording of assignments and questions are of inadequate wording and need to be more specific. But I will save face and only complain here, which is doing her a favor. I will swallow this one, but the next assignment I will insure that our instructor will be more than adequately asked by me, by email, maybe a dozen more or less times to make sure I have the kitchen sink included. And make sure that my assignments are 12 pages long with foolish gibberish from east bumfuph. Does she even have a teaching degree? Yeah i'm pist for these two minutes and need to vent.. But I remember. And will not put up with inadequate Instructors.

hblueeyes
10-21-2007, 04:27 AM
good for you. I hate when they are so vague in their questions or test on things not discussed, in the book or the handouts. Where were we supposed to get this information from? Hopefully you will get an evaluation for the instructor at the end of the class where you can bash away. Their is also a site where you can rate them. Hubby usually checks it out before taking a class. I never do, but I do complaiin where he does not.

Me:rules

okie
10-21-2007, 06:47 AM
It must be the semester for instructors from hell! My Biology class, we got a new instructor last week. I'm not sure about him yet. My other class is a computer class and the instructor is a complete idiot. Thank God that one was only an eight week class and over. The instructor is over my degree program and after taking her class I have decided to switch schools. I would have to anyway, eventually.

MsLynn
10-21-2007, 06:52 AM
thats how all our EMT tests are, EVEN the tests at the National Registry is that way. they'll give you 4 right answers and and you have to pick the most right, or they'll give you 4 wrong answers and you have to pick the least wrong, lol. when you're lucky you get 2 definitely wrong and 2 right, lol,but which is most right. BUT OH WELL. HOPE YOUR INSTRUCTOR COMES AROUND, or at least someone else from the college reads your bulletin and checks into it.

Prunella
10-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Years ago I took a medical terminology class at the local adult school. Instead of spending class time going over the word lists, our instructor would talk about anything and everything NOT related to the class. Once she spent 2 hours telling us how her husband couldn't pee and his trip to the doctor. Then she would test us on the stuff we hadn't covered. No one in the entire class every got higher than a C. When it came time for us to evaluate her and the class, we all told the truth. She was so pissed, she called everyone at home and tried to get them to change what they said. I don't know what happened to her since I never bothered to complete the course. It was such a waste of my time and money.