PDA

View Full Version : I Need All Your +++ Thoughts and Prayers Right Now!!!

Bahet
10-20-2007, 07:30 PM
DH and Blake (10yo) went camping with the cub scouts this weekend. Blake is in his last year of cub scouts and will be a boy scout next year. This camping trip is an intro to boy scouts of sorts. They were on an obstacle course and Blake fell off the 4' wall and landed on his arm. DH just called. They think it's a sprain but are taking X-rays anyhow just to be sure. The boy scouts have insurance but it's a secondary insurance assuming that the individual's insurance will be the primary insurance.

Well, DH has only been at his job for 3 weeks and we don't have insurance. I'm sure Blake will be ok but please, please send some prayers, +++ vibes, happy thoughts, whatever that he will be ok. My poor baby has not been in a hospital since he was born and now he's in a hospital over 2 hours away in an area I don't know and I'm not with him. :( I know DH iswith him and taking care of him and DH says he's doing good but still, that's my boy and I'm supposed to be there for him. :( Please pray that he's ok and also that this doesn't cost too much. A big bill could bankrupt us right now or, almost worse, force DH to take another overseas job. :(

tngirl
10-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I am sure he is okay. And hopefully the bill won't be too big and maybe the Boy Scouts will pay the bill since you don't have insurance. Don't stress yourself out!! I am sure DH will be calling you in a bit to say that Blake is doing just fine and mad because he missed the marshmellow roast.

YankeeMary
10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Awwww first of all...poor momma. I imagine you are just about to lose it. You son on the other hand has become this huge "hero" amongst his pals and is probably wanting to hurry back to the campsite to "brag" about his bruise/sprain. Boys are a joy and rarely a dull moment eh? I hope the bill is minimal, its hard to worry about our kids safety and bills at the same time eh? So not fair. Please let us know that he is ok. I am so sorry you (and him) are going through this. Hugs to you and daddy too.

mirage7000
10-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Prayers sent! So much hope the best!

okie
10-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I hope he is okay. I would be going out of my mind also. Don't worry about the bill. Just pay what you can.

Barcode
10-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh yes, be assured that the secondary insurance will be cover it all. You will have many phone conversations with them as the months go by, but in the end it will be paid. May take a year or two, of going back and forth but stand your ground. YOU know the contract as you stated. You know whats going on. You may have other children at home that the only person to be there is you. It's hard not feeling guilty for not being there at the hospital, but stop in and say I love you, and dad will care for you as I would because he knows how much i love you and how much he loves you and but that you have to make sure such and such does such and such, and then ask him if he thinks that is a good idea and i bet 100% he will say yes,, it will make him fell important instead of useless if you ask his opinion and tell assure him you be there tomorrow. If you need to spend a few hours with your child in the hospital pay a neighbor girl to come make cookies with the other kids while you go visit the other. Your doing great, and your post only proves that you will be keeping up on things.

ang in NC
10-20-2007, 08:09 PM
i will pray

ahippiechic
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Keeping you all in my thoughts!

DBackFan
10-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Sending good thoughts your way for a quick healing and low cost too!!

Mom2Shaun
10-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Hang in there! And don't worry about the bill right now. It will, in all likelihood, be OK, so you would have stressed out for nothing. So take a deep breath and relax. And tell your son that he has the whole BBF board rooting for him!
Please keep us posted.

Tasha405
10-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I know its hard to be away from your kids when they get hurt or are sick. I hope he's ok! :hug

janelle
10-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Usually hospitals and docs will work with you on paying them. Pay what you can afford each month. Believe they just want to be paid and they work with most people on how to help them do it.

Hope it is not very much and he is ok real soon.

MistyWolf
10-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you.

renaissanceman
10-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Just thought I would chime in and say that even though Bahet and I argue quite abit we usually keep it civil!!! LOL.

I stopped and prayed for you guys before I posted!!

I always trust that one way or another, everything will be fine.

I know that even when things dont seem to go the way I think they should that God has it all planned.

Starlady01
10-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you.

freebielover
10-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Sending good thoughts your way, I hope your son is OK and the bill isn't too large.

Army-Mom
10-21-2007, 05:22 AM
My prayers are with you..

freeby4me
10-21-2007, 05:26 AM
(((HUGS))) Just remember, you can always pay little bits until you can afford more. Please come back and let us know whats going on. (((HUGS))) to your baby!

tsquared
10-21-2007, 05:36 AM
My Good thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

pepperpot
10-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Bahet posted this at 12:33 last night.....

Crap, he's got a small fracture. In a few days I'll need to take him to get a cast. I don't know why they aren't doing it now. We have a shitty prepaid cell phone and they are up in the mountains about 180 miles away so DH kept breaking up.

I hope I'm not overstepping but many here are worried and concerned for them. I'm sure she's quite busy and exhausted today. I hope all is okay too.

evrita
10-21-2007, 06:27 AM
I am so sorry that it is fx I know why they arent doing a permenant one now because they have to let the ortho doc set it they know just how to set it and also they wait a couple days for the swelling to go down so the cast will have a good fit. Take it from me my DD broke her arm they waited over the weekend she had it set that monday went back that friday for a follow up and it broke worse in the cast. She needed pins put in. I hope everything turns out ok and the hospitals will work with you as far as payments.

Bahet
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Bahet posted this at 12:33 last night.....

Crap, he's got a small fracture. In a few days I'll need to take him to get a cast. I don't know why they aren't doing it now. We have a shitty prepaid cell phone and they are up in the mountains about 180 miles away so DH kept breaking up.

I hope I'm not overstepping but many here are worried and concerned for them. I'm sure she's quite busy and exhausted today. I hope all is okay too.

Thank you. I was just coming back to update. It was nice to see you had done so for me. :)

Now you can go back to annoying me. :lol

tngirl
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Thank you. I was just coming back to update. It was nice to see you had done so for me. :)

Now you can go back to annoying me. :lol

Has she ever stopped annoying anyone?

Bahet, I know I posted it over at MWT, but I will say it again. I am positive you are a great mom. Don't let life get to you and lay guilt trips on yourself. As much as we love our children we cannot be there 100% of the time to protect them and unfortunately, accidents happen.

tigger4
10-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Call the council and his troop leader. They will be able to help you with the insurance paperwork.

I was a Girl Scout leader for 10 years and had to fill out claims a couple of times for girls who were hurt during scouting events. The insurance always covered 100% of everything.