PDA

View Full Version : Play Dough

buglebe
10-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Do you let your child play with play doe and how do you contain the mess?
I have found it to be one of the favorite things my grandchildren like to play with and also one of the things I like for them to play with the least. Has anyone tried one of the homemade recipes for play doe and how did it turn out?

newwiccan
10-19-2007, 08:13 PM
My kids love it but I hate it so we compromised. They can only paly with it outside on our deck. That way I can just hose any mess they make down.

Shancopp
10-19-2007, 08:13 PM
no..........too big a pain to clean up. They've got a gazillion other toys...they won't know what they're missing.

JKATHERINE
10-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I let her play with it but only in the kitchen AND she has to use an "art tray." It pretty much looks like a lunch tray. It helps her contain the mess and if she does lose some Playdoh, it goes on the kitchen floor, not the hardwood or area rugs in the other rooms. Playdoh is really good for the tactile senses and great for those children with sensory issues. It's also great for imaginative play. I consider it to be a great tool to keep Avery's playtime "well-rounded."

magenta
10-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I let my son play w/ play-doh anytime he wants. We have a Play-doh table. He can play in the kitchen where it can be swept up. I have a big glob in the throw rug right now. But I do not care.

I was NEVER allowed to play w/ play-doh. My aunt got me the barber shop when I was little, I couldn't even get it out of the box. My dad hated a mess. When I turned 18 he bought me play-doh for my birthday. I played with it all day! I took pics of my creations. I vowed right then and there to let my kids play w/ all the doh they wanted.

We have tons of it. Every maker and cutter they have out there is in my house! LOL

Heidi
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
My daughter always had to use a placemat (one of the vinyl ones). We always had linoleum (sp?) or tile, so it was easy to clean up.

Eyore
10-19-2007, 09:44 PM
My kids are grown now , but when they were young I would let them play with it at the kitchen table. That was the only place they could use it. Had linoleum floor so it was easy to clean up. Now they didn't get to play with it all the time but when I would let them that was where they had to play with it.

freeby4me
10-20-2007, 05:35 AM
I use a large cookie tray, one of the cheapies (not tin foil) but like the largest one in the 3 pack for 10 bucks type thing) Works great!

ahippiechic
10-20-2007, 07:35 AM
I have a pc. of old shower curtian that I put down when my DD plays with it.

earnhardt1
10-20-2007, 07:39 AM
i let him play on the linoleum? floor so its easy cleanup

Willow
10-20-2007, 09:07 AM
When Kevin's kids were living with us they played with it but I had them sit at the kitchen table and use it. Little Kevin used to like using my cookie cutters with it. LOL