PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please ...

Jolie Rouge
10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
The child is still in critical condition - she is one of my Girl Scouts...

Girl Hit by Car after Getting Off the School Bus
Oct 18, 2007 05:25 PM CDT

A nine-year-old girl is in the hospital. She was hit by a car moments after she got off her school bus.

The crash happened on Foster Road at Summer Place Avenue, which is north of Hooper Road near Central, just before 1:00 Thursday afternoon.

East Baton Rouge sheriff's deputies say the bus, driven by 67-year-old Pat Bizet, was stopped on Foster when a white Dodge Neon passed it and hit the little girl. The girl's head hit the windshield.

Deputies did not release her name, but her brother says she is a third grader at Sharon Hills Elementary. The driver of the neon, 72-year-old Mary Lee says she tried to stop, but couldn't because of the slick road.

Lee is charged with overtaking and passing a school bus.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7234333

ahippiechic
10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Keeping her in my thoughts.

Mom2Shaun
10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Poor baby! I'll say a prayer.

Jolie Rouge
10-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Girl Hit by Car after Getting Off Bus Undergoes Surgery
Oct 20, 2007 06:18 PM CDT

A Sharon Hills Elementary third grader is recovering in a hospital after she was hit by a car after getting off her school bus Thursday afternoon. The crash happened on Foster Road at Summerplace Avenue. As WAFB's Cheryl Mercedes reports, the girl's father is pressing the East Baton Rouge School System to make changes to some of its drop-off locations.

East Baton Rouge sheriff's deputies say a school bus was stopped on Foster Road when a white Dodge Neon passed the bus and hit nine-year-old Michael Williams. The girl's head hit the car's windshield. Her father, who is also named Michael Williams, says he wasn't there when it happened, but says his daughter's injuries draw a clear picture. Williams says, "Her eye is swollen shut. All this is skinned up. Her lips are cut open and swollen. She has bruises on her shoulder, knuckles, and she just had surgery. Her left leg is broken in three places."

Williams says he's been pushing for the East Baton Rouge School System to change its drop-off location for students who live in this neighborhood since the beginning of the school year. He says it's just too dangerous. He says, "I told them there's no sidewalks. They standby in the middle of the street. It's a side street. If a car has a blowout, they have no direction to go." Williams says he's not just concerned for his children, but for the handful of other kids who also catch the bus here.

As soon as his daughter fully recovers, he says he's taking the issue back to the school system. He says, "I'm not gonna stop until something is done about it, period!" A spokesperson for the EBR School System says the drop-off location cannot be moved closer to the neighborhood because of a dead end. However, we're told they will look into other options. The driver of the neon, 72-year-old Mary Lee, is charged with overtaking and passing a school bus.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7239392

pepperpot
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Oh Jolie, so sorry...:( Poor child, it's a shame.....hope she gets better.

kygirl71
10-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Thats horrible. Hope she gets better real soon.

BeanieLuvR
10-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Praying that she has a speedy recovery. What is wrong with people that they would try to pass a school bus when kids are getting off. How crazy.

renaissanceman
10-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Joulie! I am sorry!! I just saw this today! I stopped and prayed for that little girl and her parents and YOu before I posted.

Mycaseyface
10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I just cannot believe that someone would pass a schoolbus. That poor litle angel ~ prayers being said for her!