PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here live in Connecticut?

morgansmom
10-18-2007, 06:28 PM
My husband and I live in South Carolina. My husband was offered a job in Connecticut yesterday. The company will be flying us up there and everything. If they hire him, they will put him up for 6 monthes in order for him to find us a home there. I will have to stay here and just fly up and see him since our dd is still in high school(11th grade). Soon as she graduates and gets settled in college, I will be with him.
Please tell me about it there. What is it like? Is it expensive there?

tonka06405
10-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi! I have lived in Connecticut my whole life. This time of year is really beautiful. The winters are not too snowy if you live in the southern part of the state by the shore. If you live inland that is a different story. It is a very, very enpensive place to buy a home and the property taxes are unreal. I live outside of
New Haven ,where would you be going?

freebielover
10-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally from MA, just bought my first house in CT due to MA prices being outrageous. I love it up here, 4 seasons, beautiful foliage. It will be a great opportunity for your dd when she graduates because we have mant fantastic colleges here. Income seems to be a bit higher here with a higher cost of living of course. Taxes and insurance are a bit higher than most places from what I've seen. If you want affordable housing, stay away from New Haven :). Will you be in the northern or southern part? I'm as north as it gets before you hit MA.

Taterbo
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
I used to live there..My husband was a native there for 50+ years... We lived on the west end of the state near Danbury...I feel the taxes are high as are some areas as far as home prices are concerned. My mother and her family were from New Cannan and that area is extremly costly as far as real estate is concerned.

CT does have a wonderful chage of seasons..It has many wonderful things to do and see..I think for the most part the educational system is top notch.

Hope all works out well for you.

morgansmom
10-19-2007, 04:05 AM
Thanks so much for your replys. Not sure where we will live yet. My husband has to call back this morning and tell them we are interested and then arrangements will be made to fly us up there for an interview. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. We already own our home here in SC. I have looked at some of the real estate up there and it is expensive. Thanks again,Stacie