PDA

View Full Version : My right hand ring

Quaker_Parrots
10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Wahhhhh. When I went to the jeweler today to have my bracelet checked out they invited me to ladies night tonight. I went and had wine, cheese and snackies, and got to try on alot of coll stuff.

Well, the head jeweler was the one showing my SIL and I around, and asked if we wanted our rings cleaned, we both said sure. When she brought them back she told both of us we had stones loose. Of the 2 rings I had done, 2 stones were loose on my newest ring that I got back in march. My gorgeous right hand ring, I am so bummed. The only bright side to the whole thing is the fact I bought it at Walmart, and it is a Keepsake diamond, and has a lifetime warranty, and I dont have to pay to get it tightened, YEAH!!!!!

Here is my ring, it is the center stone, and one of the smaller marquis that are lose, another down side is they have to send it off, and it might be a month to 6 weeks before I get it back....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/quakerparrots/DFIndependenceBIG.jpg

YankeeMary
10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I hate having to put my jewlery in the shop, I always worry about it. I also miss having it as well. I finally found a jewler I trust 100% and don't worry near as bad as I use to. Hopefully they will get it finished faster then they originally thought. Good luck.

teenap
10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
luckily they found it! it would have been worse to lose the stones

callsheb
10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
your lucky you dont have to pay anything a yr and 1/2 ago my dh bought me a diamond and ruby ring from walmart and the shank on it broke in half i had to take it back and they sent it in they called the other day and said i owe
$35.00 to get it back.

tngirl
10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I bought insurance on my engagement ring. I get lifetime cleanings and if any of the stones are lost I pay $80 to have it replaced, even if it is the main diamond. Guess what? I hit my hand on something and it knocked the stone out. I was thinking that maybe it was loose and I was fixing to take it in to get it cleaned and they would also tighten up anything loose. I waited a couple of days too long. I need to take it in but at the moment I don't even have the $80 to have it repaired. I am going to take it either tomorrow or monday and hopefully I don't have to pay until I pick it up.

Shann
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
I agree, at least they were able to let you know before you ended up losing any of the stones. It completely sucks you have to wait so long for it to be fixed, but it will be worth it. BTW its very pretty :)

Quaker_Parrots
10-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Thanks, I love it and the pics dont do it justice.

The only reason it isn't going to cost me anything is because it is one of the "keepsake" diamond rings and they have a lifetime guarantee. I am sure if it was any of their other rings, I would be paying to have it fixed, and if that was the case, there is no way I would let them send it off to be fixed, I would pay a local jeweler to tkae care of it.

Tngirl, did you lose the stone completely, or did it just fall out and you were able to find it?

PrincessArky
10-19-2007, 04:52 AM
glad it is free to have fixed and hopefully it wont take too long

I have a ring that was made for my mom from stones from my aunt and my grandmother and I have always been afraid to take it anywhere because the man that made it told my aunt to be careful who she trusts with it because the center diamond is flawless and someone could easily change it out w/another stone and we won't notice the difference