PDA

View Full Version : Darn yahoo bots!

Mini
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
They had stopped for a loooooong time but theyre back! Atleast for me they are. I keep ignoring and reporting and they dont seem to pop up as much as they did its just aggravating! Is anyone else getting the bots or is it just me? The messages look something like this...

kandykamgirl0023948@kandykams.info: Hey cutie I really like your profile, I got a lil profile and I'm on camera. Come watch me! www.myfreecamhost.com I'm sure you'll like it!

Adra
10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I got one and did not open it just checked and clicked spam. I hope it does good to report it as spam.

cpbaby
10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
I get at least one or two of those a day. WHAT is the purpose of those things, anyway? I usually put them on ignore and then report them as spam.

tracyb
10-21-2007, 08:56 AM
I dont get them but my dd does...how do I delete her yahoo email

freeby4me
10-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I dont get them but my dd does...how do I delete her yahoo email

I dont think you can really delete it, you could always change the password, not tell her and then open a new account for her.

tracyb
10-21-2007, 01:10 PM
but will they keep popping up on us...she never uses hers she just uses mine and puts her Name beside mine if her cousins want her they know it is her..lol..

freeby4me
10-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Do you guys mean in the yahoo chatrooms?

tracyb
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
no...for some reason when I put dd on my computer with yahoo IM it shows her and I both on at the same time....and I deleted her account off my computer but I am still have those things pop up for her..so I was wondering if I can delete her totally off my yahoo and not have them pop up any more...I have never gotten them myself just her

Tasha405
10-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm getting them on my yahoo messenger at least once a day. I keep reporting them and deleting the messages but they keep coming back... not same names but new messages.

Mini
10-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I was getting them multiple times a day now I get 1 maybe 2 so I guess the reporting is doing some good. Never have this problem with any other messanger, I do like yahoo though

loveswolfs
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Do you have your yahoo profile open? I use to get them pop ups every time i logged in to IM when i had my yahoo open , meaning any one can do a search by putting in different words and if they typed in tv shows & you have it listed as your favorites you will show up on that search & they then send you & every one else that pop up. I had some guy do that to me and asked him how he got my user name, & thats what he told me so i then changed my profile to privite. Not sure if you can still do that or not.

alwaystire
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I was getting them multiple times a day now I get 1 maybe 2 so I guess the reporting is doing some good. Never have this problem with any other messanger, I do like yahoo though

That's me. I get far more spam messages on Yahoo Messenger than I do from my actual friends. :(

:spam :thumpdown: