PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dessert?

catdance
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I am entering a contest, I have figured the Entree' and stuck on a dessert idea.
I am not really looking for say, Chocolate Cake/Ice Cream, if you can help that would be great.

Shann
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm a chocolate fan lol so I was going to say chocolate something. But I also love lemon pie/squares/etc and biscotti, you could do so many different flavors of biscotti or cookies or muffins. Of course donuts and ice cream always work too... really I haven't met a dessert I didn't like, there's just some ingredients I didn't like ;)

freebielover
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert ever, tough to do for a contest however. Fruit tarts with cream are very good too.

ladybugva
10-18-2007, 05:09 PM
i love a chocolate lush, what I always had my grandmother make me for my birthday. Has a crust that is similar to pecan sandies cookies, then chocolate pudding w/ a cool whip top and chocolate shaving. yummy!!! :drool

lizmolik
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
This is not a cake or anything...but...my home economics teacher made this at our prom. It is a dip for strawberrys you take marshmallow cream and cream cheese (to your taste) and whip it together. Very simple but sooooo good and you can use your imagination with decorating it and making it look nice.

lymi
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Anything CHEESECAKE yumm

lizmolik
10-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Anything CHEESECAKE yumm

Mmmmm...Cheesecake!

BigLyd1
10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
For me anything chocolate, especially chocolate on chocolate.

But for a contest, I was thinking cheesecake. Plus you can dress it up with different toppings.

Willow
10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
My favorite dessert is Butter Cream Torte. My mother used to make it all the time when I was little. The recipe came on the inside of a Land O' Lakes butter carton. I think I have it saved some where. It's made with crushed vanilla wafers, butter, whipping cream, confectioners sugar and maraschino cheeries.

lymi
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I have a totally awesome cheesecake recipe. It has peanut butter, peanut butter chips and chocolate chips in it. Believe it or not, you use pretzels for the crust. I got the recipe from "taste of home" People beg me to make it all the time. It's great. If ya think it will fit in your contest, I can give ya the receipe

dv8grl
10-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Anything CHEESECAKE yumm
TOTALLY!!!!

Taterbo
10-18-2007, 11:28 PM
I think the dessert needs to compliment your entree choice...

You could do something as simple as poached pears topped with a semi sweet chocolate drizzle..if you have made a heavy/hearty entree...

If your entree is something a bit more sophisticated..say lamb chops or a crown roast..you need something much more elegant..Like a triple decked white cake with coconut covered frosting..or a rich red velvet cake...

Now if it is a more home style meal..like baked chicken or meatloaf..a multi berry pie or a hearty apple pie would be good...Or even an up scale brownie, maybe with nuts and extra chopped chocolate chunks...

Wishing you the best..

MistyWolf
10-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Where I used to work at, we had this desert called Dak Janiels cake. (not licensed by JD so they called it this)

It was a dark chocolate cake, with Jack Daniels (probably a shot or two) inside and was covered in a chocolate ganache frosting with this fudge twirlies at the end of each slice and it was SOOOOO good!

magickay
10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Some time ago I was given a recipe for Vanilla Wafer Cake - box of vanilla wafers, 6 (yes, six) eggs, coconut, pecans, a bunch of butter, a few other ingredients...rich, dense, and actually was better if you wrapped it well in freezer paper and froze it and let it thaw again.

Where did I put that tube pan? Mmmmm....

Eyore
10-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Coconut cream pie and another of my favorites is Stripped Delight

mirage7000
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Always stuck making desserts for parties here! I guess I had before the patience. One side of the family wanted ribbon jello all the time. Took hours to do. I have so many recipes for things that take forever to do. Lots from my grandma. Pineapple Cheesecake yum!