PDA

View Full Version : ebay vent: WHAT WOULD YOU DO ABOUT THIS?

Freebeemom
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
It has been 45 days. The buyer of an item has been going back and forth about an item, claiming it doesn't work. How much longer do I have to deal with this for fear that the buyer will file with paypal or ebay? Don't they have 60 days?
This buyer waits one week between each email.

We have offered to refund $200 of the item, and he has agreed. I finally told him that once he leaves feedback, we will refund the money. I am so NOT giving the money back when this item clearly states in the TOS that "ITEM IS IN WORKING CONDITION". The item works, it is a very valuble meater and the buyer claims there is a defect. The meter works.
He waited for this long to start complaining about it. What should I do? The auction closed on September 5th.
UGHH>>>>

buttrfli
10-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Ok, I am confused.. if the auction closed on Oct 5th, how has it been 45 days?

Other than that, could it have gotten damaged during shipping? Was there insurance on the pkg? I would hope that there was since it was an expensive item.

Freebeemom
10-16-2007, 06:57 PM
SOrry, I meant that it closed September 5th...it is late. Insurance was purchased through ups...yes, extra was purchased. He has had it, has been using it. The TOS stated it was NOT NEW, used and was sold as is.

Heidi
10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I'd tell him to ship it back to you and then you'll refund.

taz69
10-16-2007, 07:01 PM
If it was sold as is, and you have offered a refund, I would wait it out. Be sure and save copies of ALL your e-mails back and forth, a copy of the ad, and if they dispute it with paypal or ebay, you can present your side of the story.

buttrfli
10-16-2007, 07:01 PM
SOrry, I meant that it closed September 5th...it is late. Insurance was purchased through ups...yes, extra was purchased. He has had it, has been using it. The TOS stated it was NOT NEW, used and was sold as is.

Then I would leave it at that. If you are positive it worked and he claims it doesn't, tell him to take it up with UPS, if hes not lying about it not working, then something happened during shipping, thats what the insurance is for.

As far as how many days... I think they only have 30 or 45 to make a claim. Since you purchased ins, paypal will prolly just tell him to file with UPS

Freebeemom
10-16-2007, 07:03 PM
After 45 days! NO WAY! I am not a store. This item was $2,000 plus. He waited 45 days to complain. Sorry, but I just don't have $2,000 laying around. My feedback is 99.8 %. I am not a dishonest seller. This is getting ridiculous.

Quaker_Parrots
10-17-2007, 03:41 AM
He is past his window to claim with paypal. That is 30 days. He can still leave you a negative.

Freebeemom
10-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Actually, it is 45 days with paypal, from date of payment. I am just trying to figure out how to find out if he can file a chargeback w/a credit card company. How long this usually is ....

Thanks

Quaker_Parrots
10-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Actually, it is 45 days with paypal, from date of payment. I am just trying to figure out how to find out if he can file a chargeback w/a credit card company. How long this usually is ....

Thanks

Did paypal change it's rules? It used to be 30 days.

Kelsey1224
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm confused...you stated that you had offered a refund and then you say you are not giving a refund. Which is it?

This question aside...if it has been 45 days and he waited a long time to complain...then I wouldn't give him a refund either.

DrGrin
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Any person that buys an item on ebay and doesn't test it to see if it works within 2 or 3 days of receipt is stupid to think that someone would let them keep it 45 days then file a complaint that it doesn't work. Too bad, so sad, they would just be out of luck.

buglebe
10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't buy anything on ebay that cost more money than I can afford to lose. I have never bought anything that was more than $100.

Freebeemom
10-18-2007, 04:25 AM
No, no refund was offered. He wanted one....We told him no. I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure how long someond had to file on paypal.

I learned that feeback can take from 10 to 60 days. Paypal claims can be opened up to 45 days. It is ridiculous.

Shann
10-18-2007, 02:07 PM
We have offered to refund $200 of the item, and he has agreed. I finally told him that once he leaves feedback, we will refund the money.

Ok, I'm confused as well.. you said you offered him a refund and now you say you didn't? :confused: regardless...

Honestly, whose to say it didn't work perfectly when he first got it then something happened and now it doesn't work b/c fault of his and he's just trying to get his money back. I wouldn't give him anything, it's been 45 days, if it didn't work properly, he should have notified you w/in the first week, it's been a month and a half, he needs to realize he's SOL you shouldn't have to offer him anything. GL and keep us updated.

Freebeemom
10-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I am sorry, I meant no FULL refund was offered. Yes, we decided that the $200 was peanuts to what could have been. So, I finally just gave him back the $200 to make him go away. I have had stomach aches every time I check my dang email. He left feedback. It is over. I am telling you, If I wasn't such a chicken, I would have told him to P(*& off and just forget it alltogether. I just don't want paypal to get involved and freeze my account etc. Ridiculous.
Block him....