PDA

View Full Version : Book seller on Amazon

taz69
10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
My DD needed a book for her english class, and I could not find it on half.com where I usually go. Iwent to Amazon, found the book for $1.25, and paid $6.99 for expedited shipping. They paid $1.41 and shipped it regular mail! It took 15 days to arrive.I complained through the bookstores customer service email, and they replied that first class mail WAS expedited. When I have ordered books in the past, and ask for expedited shipping, they always arrive priority. Needless to say, I left bad feedback, and will never order from them again! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

buglebe
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I also thought expedited meant the quickest way to get it to you. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Freebeemom
10-16-2007, 06:46 PM
You can report it to amazon. Did you contact the seller? Also, leave feedback. Done! There you go....I would be upset though too! :getyou

taz69
10-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I didn't think to report it to Amazon, thanks Freebeemom. Will do that too.

DrGrin
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Would you mind PMing me the seller ID of the person? I do a lot of shopping through used sellers at amazon and I want to avoid this seller.

Wildkats
10-28-2007, 03:50 PM
My DD needed a book for her english class, and I could not find it on half.com where I usually go. Iwent to Amazon, found the book for $1.25, and paid $6.99 for expedited shipping. They paid $1.41 and shipped it regular mail! It took 15 days to arrive.I complained through the bookstores customer service email, and they replied that first class mail WAS expedited. When I have ordered books in the past, and ask for expedited shipping, they always arrive priority. Needless to say, I left bad feedback, and will never order from them again! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

For books, VHS, CD, DVD regular shipping is MEDIA mail.

Expeditied shipping is first class. Sometime it may be cheaper for the seller to send priority, but not required.

So the seller did nothing wrong per amazon recommendations.

taz69
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I know the seller did nothing wrong "by Amazon protocol", but they had to have mailed it WAY after I ordered for it to take 15 days to arrive. I get media mail shipment much faster than 2 weeks! And 6.99? Will never order a book from an Amazon dealer again because of their policies.

Shann
10-29-2007, 12:42 AM
I'd be mad too. when I see expedite I think of priority, why in the world would someone pay 6.99 for first class mail?!?! And really that whole media mail is ridiculous, I don't like to wait on things and would never choose to have an item shipped that way.

okie
10-29-2007, 08:37 AM
I always thought that expedited mail was Priority. I have sold some of my textbooks and when they want expedited, I send it Priority. I would contact Amazon and see for sure what expedited is supposed to be.

taz69
10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
These guys have nerve! They have been e-mailing me daily, asking me to remove my feedback. I gave them 2/5, and said I paid $6.99 shipping for a book that took 15 days to be delivered. They said I didn't wait long enough to leave feedback. I emailed 4 times, they replied twice, explaining that they shipped it first class(costing 1.31) because Amazon accepts that as expidited, and that they make their "small" profit from the shipping, not the actual sale of the book. I think I am right to leave the feedback as it stands-anyone agree/disagree?

Quaker_Parrots
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I would be blocking their email address. I would also try reporting them to Amazon for harrassment. It you need the phone #, it is at the top of the Vent & Whine forum.

magickay
10-31-2007, 06:49 PM
You did the right thing with the feedback. If they shipped in a silk-lined box, maybe they might be entitled to 6.99 for shipping (NOT!)

I agree with Quaker Parrots - Save the emails and report them to Amazon for harrassing you.

taz69
10-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Yahoo-I LIKE Amazon's reply.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry to learn that you've had concerns about your seller's
request to remove feedback. As we note in our Community Rules, "any
attempt to manipulate ratings of any participant is prohibited."

I have forwarded your message to our Seller Policing team for their
consideration.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for choosing
Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question: