PDA

View Full Version : My Sleep Study last night.

Aloha from paradise
10-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I got there at about 8.45pm and was wired up and ready to go to sleep by 9.45pm. I have never seen so many wires in my life. They put them on my forehead, under my chin , on both sides of my temples, on the chest and legs. Also some kind of band around the top of the chest and waist. I sleep on my stomach, it's the only way I can sleep. The girl doing the test was so nice but I swear every 45 minutes or so she was in saying Shirley I need to adjust the sensors on your forehead. So she kept waking me up! I guess I move around a lot and kept moving the sensors. The last time she woke me up was at 4.30am this morning so I just laid there for an hour before she said I could go home. I can't remember being this tired in a very long time. I felt like I didn't get any sleep! I asked her if they got enough info for the study and she said yes. It takes about 2 weeks before I go back to see the doctor. I'm thinking they send the findings back to Salt Lake, Utah so the techs or doctors there can read them. I could be wrong on that but it will be at least 2 weeks before I know anything. I only remember her waking me up 5 times so there could have been more times that I don't remember. I just know when she woke me up at 4.30am this morning it took all my will power to be nice to her. Can you say grumpy. They just send you on your way home, no coffe or anything. And nothing is open to get something to drink at that time. Not here on this rock! So I came home climbed into bed at 6.00am and didn't get up until 11.00am. I still just feel so tired. Like I was awake all night. I will probably sleep like a rock tonight. I'm counting down the hours till bedtime:)

BeanieLuvR
10-12-2007, 10:18 PM
It doesn't sound like it was much fun but at least you got it done and they got the info that they needed. I would have not been a happy camper either after getting woke up that much. After one time I am not very pleasant. I hope that the results turn out good. I also hope that you get a much needed goodnight of sleep. :)

aussiegirl
10-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Sweet dreams, hopefully tonite

Army-Mom
10-13-2007, 02:47 AM
Bless your heart. I hope they are able to do something where you can start getting a good nights sleep.

tsquared
10-13-2007, 03:23 AM
sister in law did this and they stopped it after an hour cause she was stopping her breathing totally so much and put her on one of those sleeping machines.......she sleeps a lot better now.

Willow
10-13-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm glad that it's over Shirl. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the results back.

nanajoanie
10-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Glad that's behind you. Sure hope you don't have to go thru that again. And in about 2 weeks you should have the results and what they are going to do about it. I think the reason they sent it to Utah is that is where the real doctors are..........LOL

Tasha405
10-13-2007, 08:46 AM
So it was a sleep study to see how you sleep but she kept waking you up? Nice! lol Sorry it was a rough night for ya. :hug

Let us know what they tell ya when you find out the results. :)

ahippiechic
10-13-2007, 08:51 AM
So it was a sleep study to see how you sleep but she kept waking you up? Nice! lol Sorry it was a rough night for ya. :hug

Let us know what they tell ya when you find out the results. :)

Yeah, what she said! Good luck on the results.

MistyWolf
10-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Hope you can get some more sleep Shirl.

bpl76
10-13-2007, 09:51 AM
You poor dear!!! It is so annoying when you are sleeping and they wake you up. You must be a wiggly little thing!!! LOL Hope you got some rest last night. They were able to read mine right there but that was in WA state. They did call a Dr Dement in CA on my sleep latency test because they were so unusual. THey even sent the stuff to him and told me I should be honored he wanted to see them I told them I would be honored if he paid the bill!!! In any case, hope you are rested a bit now. At least the worst part is behind you.

lymi
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, how do they test your sleeping , if they keep you awake.?? lol Glad it's behind you. Hope the news is great

ang in NC
10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I had to do that with Megan, i was so tired!