PDA

View Full Version : Ugh..just had to call the cops on a foster child

DBackFan
10-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I took 3 kids last night just for 24 hours and OMG. They are hellions to say the least. The 10 yr old boy has punched a hole in the bedroom door and when I tried to calm him down he called me a few choice names and took off down a 50 mile an hour road. They have been up the road twice and don't see him. At least he will get brought back to the CPS office and not to me but MAN, I don't do those kind of kids very well! I try so hard but I am just shaking.

Tasha405
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow! I hope they find him soon! Its sad to see kids act that way and have such anger/attitude problems.

Bless your heart! :hug

sdb_ngc
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
((((((((Hugs))))))))) I think its great that you take in foster kids.

Adra
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Saying prayers for you and him. Some children are so troubled they don't have any idea how to act.

I have to go soon to my church for a meeting, I will ask for prayer for you and him at the meeting tonight.

Please let us know as soon as you find out anything.

DBackFan
10-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks you guys. They found him in a junk store of sorts up the road and brought him back up to the DCFS. (Div of Children and Family Services) office. The other 2 will get picked up soon and then I am on my way to Idaho for the night..lol Its about 3 hours away but we need to see my MIL before the snow flies.

Heidi
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
It's so sad. Can you imagine all the crap that poor kid has gone through in his 10 years to make him act that way. You are a brave woman!

cutieangel
10-12-2007, 06:10 PM
wow!!! its hard!!!!!!

Aloha from paradise
10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds like that kid has had more then his fair share of problems at such an early age. You are so kind to take them in and try to work with them. I grew up in and out of foster homes, not my fault. My parents had problems so all 5 of us were in and out. The horror stories I could tell you about some of the foster parents would make you sick! Back in the days when we were in foster homes they didn't do much to protect the kids and you hardly ever saw a social worker. If by chance the social worker did come by and asked how things were you learned to lie and say fine. Found that one out the very first time I told the truth. I hope that old bitch is rotting in hell! She was only in it for the money. So I'm glad laws have changed and they screen the foster parents better. I'm sure the kids love you as a foster mom and can feel safe with you. Where were you when I needed you 40 years ago?? J/K:bouquet

ilovecats
10-12-2007, 07:57 PM
It's so sad. Can you imagine all the crap that poor kid has gone through in his 10 years to make him act that way. You are a brave woman!

I agree!!!I always thought if I had the room and money and no husband and kids,I would love to do this and"save"some kids.Obviously it is not that easy,You are A great person to give yourself and home to these understandably out of control kids.
On A kind of off topic note,has anyone ever read the Dave Pelzer books?He is A great guy and owes it to his foster parents.The way his mom raised him it is A wonder he is not A serial killer.
DBackFan,sorry for the off topic info,But I do think you deserve A pat on the back.Good luck!

Heidi
10-12-2007, 09:39 PM
I agree!!!I always thought if I had the room and money and no husband and kids,I would love to do this and"save"some kids.Obviously it is not that easy,You are A great person to give yourself and home to these understandably out of control kids.
On A kind of off topic note,has anyone ever read the Dave Pelzer books?He is A great guy and owes it to his foster parents.The way his mom raised him it is A wonder he is not A serial killer.
DBackFan,sorry for the off topic info,But I do think you deserve A pat on the back.Good luck!

Those are the only books I have actually read from cover to cover. I have a problem staying focused when reading, but those drew me in for some reason. DH called me a bit weird because of what the nature of the books was, but it held my interest.

aussiegirl
10-12-2007, 10:30 PM

This.

Mary_Jo3
10-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I've been trying to send Rep to you for weeks now and it still won't let me, too strange. You are a good and caring soul enjoy your trip and be careful.

:bouquet

Army-Mom
10-13-2007, 09:59 AM
sending hugs..