PDA

View Full Version : Yet More Britney News ....

MistyWolf
10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Still feel sorry for Britney? .. Maybe reading this will change your mind! If she cared .. she would have been there IMO!

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/hotgossip/10-04-07?GT1=7702

Spears nixes hearing, craves Starbucks;

Oct. 4, 2007

So, just what pressing matters prevented Britney Spears from meeting Kevin Federline in court on Wednesday to try to win back shared custody of 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James?

TMZ.com says that at the very same time the former pop starlet-turned-celebrity death pool pick should have been throwing herself on the mercy of the judge by promising to comply with each and every condition he set forth, she was in the midst of a crisis, one that only a Starbucks run with her Yorkie could solve.

Alas, a serious caffeine depletion wasn't the only critical issue that took precedence over Brit's self-dubbed Boo-Boos, who were snapped on Tuesday enjoying a relaxing ride in toy cars pushed by K-Fed's nanny, a nice change from their usual mommy-and-me time of shopping and driving around in unsecured car seats.

It seems Spears was also having an energy crisis, which required a stop at a gas station, as well as an attention crisis, a situation that prompted her to strike several smiley poses for the platoon of paparazzi who shadow her increasingly aimless wanderings around Los Angeles.

Granted, she wasn't required to show up for the hearing, but insiders tell TMZ her attorney du jour, Sorrell Trope, urged her to attend. Not surprisingly, the authority-eschewing Britster reportedly refused.

"It's like Britney doesn't care," a mole tells the London Sun. "Her no-show did not impress the judge and only worsens her chances of ever getting her custody restored."

Adds a source to E! Online's Marc Malkin, "There have been no tears. It's more like she's angry. It's more like, 'Who are you to tell me I'm not a good parent?'"

Federline, for his part, was front and center for the three-hour, closed-door meeting, appearing at the courthouse in a sharp suit and mysterious eye patch ("[Kevin] had strep throat all last week and then got pink eye," a source explains to Us, adding that his mom has been staying with him to help take care of the kids).

If Britney was upset that the judge, who last month labeled her a "habitual, frequent and continuous" user of drugs and alcohol, decided to grant her only supervised visitation with her tykes, she wasn't letting it show.

Just hours after the hearing, she checked in to the luxurious Beverly Wilshire hotel (the same deluxe digs where Julia Roberts shacked up with Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman"), accompanied by her beaming cousin-cum-BFF, Alli Sims, who this week moved out of Brit's Malibu mansion.

Spears "looked like she was in a really good mood," a staffer informs Us.

Perhaps all the caffeine was making her giddy.

The mag reports she ventured out for yet another coffee fix Wednesday night, moseying to a nearby Starbucks with her minder du jour before catching a ride back to the hotel with one of the many shutterbugs on hand to document the auspicious outing.

Meanwhile, Spears' suddenly ubiquitous right-hand man, Sam Lufti, told the mag on Tuesday that the bottoming-out, intervention-needing star is "feeling very optimistic about the future," and he blamed her failure to undergo court-ordered drug-testing and obtain a valid California driver's license by Monday's deadline on "scheduling conflicts and some errors in communication."

Of course, that explanation might carry more weight if the sometime lip-syncher singer had been doing more in recent days than self-tanning, cruising in her dented Mercedes and hitting fast-food joints.

The judge has ordered Britney and K-Fed to appear in court on Oct. 26, by which time she has to submit to drug testing; attend at least three individual counseling sessions as well as three joint counseling sessions with her former hubby; and meet with a "parenting coach" so her interaction with her sons can be observed.

The judge added that a missed drug test would be the same a failure, a distinction the Los Angeles Times says was made because Spears missed three appointments. A source tells the paper that Brit's assistant twice informed the testing lab she was asleep and another time said she was unavailable for home-testing.

In addition to all the legal hubbub in recent days, there's also been plenty of personal drama, including rumors of an impending return to rehab and a supposedly unimpressive sex tape.

According to OK!, there's a possibility Spears could seek treatment at the Crossroads rehab facility in Antigua, where she lasted for one whole day back in February (soon after, she spent a month at Promises in Malibu).

"She's surrendering herself to rehab for treatment of depression and alcohol so that there's no questioning if she is drinking or missing any future tests," a source tells the magazine.

Not so fast, say whatever sources remain inside Britney's revolving-door inner circle, insisting to "Entertainment Tonight" that the rehab rumblings are "completely false" and she does not intend to seek treatment.

Sigh.

Indeed, the rumor seemed dubious at best, especially since the reality-denying, cause-and-effect-ignoring star's insatiable need to remain in the public eye would be hard to satisfy in the Starbucks-free zone that is the Caribbean.

Speaking of the public eye, is it going to be collectively blinded by the appearance of a Brit-Brit sex tape?

In Touch has found a guy who claims he filmed his brief (and how) encounter with Spears during her June trip to Hawaii but has kept the footage under wraps because of his admittedly underwhelming performance.

''It was just normal sex," he's quoted as telling the mag. "We didn't do anything crazy ... It lasted about 25 minutes and then we passed out.''

At least there were a couple of bright spots in Britney's otherwise craptacular week: Her "Gimme More" video, which will debut Monday on MTV, has been called out as "simple, edgy, raw and great" by Us (no, really, those were their actual words), and her estranged mom continues to reach out to her.

On Wednesday, reporters caught up with Lynne Spears in the family's hometown of Kentwood, La., and unlike certain media-courting celebrity mothers (cough*Dina Lohan*cough), she made a simple statement in regard to her self-destructive offspring.

Offered Lynne (via "ET"), "I just want to say, I love my daughter very much."

freeby4me
10-07-2007, 05:40 PM
What a waste of air.

PrincessArky
10-09-2007, 04:47 AM
I just wonder how involved her family is with her I mean it seems like everyone is pointing fingers and none of them are making an active effort to help this girl. But if god forbid something where to happen to her how many of them would be all over the news in tears and writing books and saying someone should have helped her

freeby4me
10-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I just wonder how involved her family is with her I mean it seems like everyone is pointing fingers and none of them are making an active effort to help this girl. But if god forbid something where to happen to her how many of them would be all over the news in tears and writing books and saying someone should have helped her

Everyone has tried to help her. Her mother. Everyone who was in a position to help her has been pushed away and fired by her. Typical for a drug/alcohol abuser.

PrincessArky
10-09-2007, 05:02 AM
Everyone has tried to help her. Her mother. Everyone who was in a position to help her has been pushed away and fired by her. Typical for a drug/alcohol abuser.

all the more reason for them to push their way in.......this girl is gonna kill herself and god forbid take someone with her