>> > of violence against you,
>> >
>> > so why are the ghettos the most
>> >
>> > dangerous places to live?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > You have the United Negro College Fund.
>> >
>> > You have Martin Luther King Day.
>> >
>> > You have Black History Month.
>> >
>> > You have Cesar Chavez Day.
>> >
>> > You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
>> >
>> > You Have Yom Hashoah.
>> >
>> > You have the NAACP.
>> >
>> > And you have BET.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > If we had WET
>> >
>> > (White Entertainment Television)
>> >
>> > ... We'd be racists.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > If we had a White Pride Day
>> >
>> > ... You would call us racists.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > If we had White History Month
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > If we had any organization for only whites
>> >
>> > to "advance" OUR lives .
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce,
>> >
>> > a Black Chamber of Commerce,
>> >
>> > and then we just have the plain
>> >
>> > Chamber of Commerce.
>> >
>> > Wonder who pays for that?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > If we had a college fund that only gave
>> >
>> > white students scholarships
>> >
>> > ... You know we'd be racists.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > There are over 60 openly-proclaimed
>> >
>> > Black-only Colleges in the US ,
>> >
>> > yet if there were "White-only Colleges"
>> >
>> > ... THAT would be a racist college.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > In the Million Man March,
>> >
>> > you believed that you were
>> >
>> > marching for your race and rights.
>> >
>> > If we marched for our race and rights,
>> >
>> > ... You would call us racists.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > You are proud to be black,
>> >
>> > brown, yellow and orange,
>> >
>> > navy; verdana"and you're not afraid to
>> > announce it.
>> >
>> > But when we announce our white pride
>> >
>> > ... You call us racists.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > You rob us,
>> >
>> > carjack us,
>> >
>> > and shoot at us.
>> >
>> > But, when a white police officer
>> >
>> > shoots a black gang member
>> >
>> > or beats up a black drug-dealer
>> >
>> > who is running from the LAW and
>> >
>> > posing a threat to ALL of society
>> >
>> > ... You call him a racist.
>> >
>> ; >
>> >
>> > I am proud.
>> >
>> > ... But, you call me a racist.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Why is it that only
>> >
>> > whites
>> >
>> > can be racists?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > There is nothing improper about this e-mail.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Let's see which of you
>> >
>> > are proud enough to send it on.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> We can have no "50-50" allegiance to this country. Either a man is an
> American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.
>> Teddy Roosevelt

Pepsi4me
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
:clapping

nanajoanie
10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
I've read this before and totally agree with what it says. And I've shared it with many. I am white but I have friends of other races, oriental, black, S. American, Egyptian, Mexican and even Arabs.

I've met them thru my military son Mur.

Aloha from paradise
10-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I've read this before and totally agree with what it says. And I've shared it with many. I am white but I have friends of other races, oriental, black, S. American, Egyptian, Mexican and even Arabs.

I've met them thru my military son Mur.

:congrats: :yeah But I haven't met them through her son Mur:)

ilovecats
10-05-2007, 06:55 PM
:clapping :clapping Absolutely the truth.

hblueeyes
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I am white and proud........ to be an AMERICAN, period. No hungarian American here though I am second generation. I believe their should be a white Miss America pageant along with a white college fund and let us too get federal matching funds. Johnny who is poor and white and gets an academic scholarship for a privaye university still needs student loans while John who is black and whose family has more income gets a totally free ride. John graduates with Johnny but since John is black he gets hiring preference. Johnny is white and still looking for a job worried on how he will pay his student loans while John is cashing his paychecks and buying a new car.

They call it racist... so be it. But when you look at the make up of a community along with the crime rate, funny how black and hispanic and mixed neighborhoods have the highest crime rates. The whiter the community, the lower the crime rate. Not racist, just fact at least for Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.

And they wonder why race relations are worse than ever.

Me:getyou

Shann
10-05-2007, 07:24 PM
so true and unfortunately the part about the ghetto holds pretty true here as well... you won't find me in any of them, I see the news every day, I don't want to become part of it

freebielover
10-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Well written and so true.

Shancopp
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
:lurker

Corinna
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree!

MistyWolf
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Allelujah! .. And that some say would make me a racist, but I am not, but I totally agree with that email.

BeanieLuvR
10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
It is the truth and I agree with it too!

aussiegirl
10-06-2007, 07:33 AM
ITA, this is so true.

VenusA423
10-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Agreed. And didn't someone make a scholarship or something for whites only? Got all the "minority" ones out there.. why not.

Berkley69
10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
>> >
>> > Someone finally said it.............

I think I love you :top: Oh and I certainly don't get offended when someone tries to "make fun of me" because I am white, like Whitey or Cracker, I'm glad and proud I'm white, I wouldn't want to be anything else.

okie
10-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Agreed. And didn't someone make a scholarship or something for whites only? Got all the "minority" ones out there.. why not.

We don't have any white only scholarships at my college. My FIL,jokingly, told me one time to fill one out for the black only scholarship. Then scream racism and sue someone when they turned me down.

mirage7000
10-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Well have to admit I agee with it too. Worked with a black woman once and we had some really good laughs and conversations. Her black friends came along one day and asked why are you talking to whitey. Well after that it was the last time I talked to her. I guess there are racial things that will never get healed.

Berkley69
10-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Well have to admit I agee with it too. Worked with a black woman once and we had some really good laughs and conversations. Her black friends came along one day and asked why are you talking to whitey. Well after that it was the last time I talked to her. I guess there are racial things that will never get healed.

Well I'm pretty sure there's no black still alive that can claim they were a slave so they can't use that excuse anymore.

Starr_79
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
When I was in high school there were black pride and brown pride groups, with after school meetings. You wanna guess what happened when some kids decided to start a white pride group? All the groups got shut down. But the kids were still allowed to write black pride and brown pride on thier notebooks, backpacks, etc... But the white pride stuff was not allowed. And the craziest part about this is my school was literally like 95% white kids. It's stupid.

Berkley69
10-06-2007, 12:19 PM
When I was in high school there were black pride and brown pride groups, with after school meetings. You wanna guess what happened when some kids decided to start a white pride group? All the groups got shut down. But the kids were still allowed to write black pride and brown pride on thier notebooks, backpacks, etc... But the white pride stuff was not allowed. And the craziest part about this is my school was literally like 95% white kids. It's stupid.

That is stupid.

nanajoanie
10-06-2007, 12:22 PM
They call it racist... so be it. But when you look at the make up of a community along with the crime rate, funny how black and hispanic and mixed neighborhoods have the highest crime rates. The whiter the community, the lower the crime rate. Not racist, just fact at least for Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.

In Greensboro, NC and High Point, NC on any given weekend night blacks kill blacks and hispanics kill hispanics. They are usually during fights at bars of their own kind.:drunk

The very few blacks that live here in Meadowlands have very neat yards, very nice folks, obey the Meadowlands rules (17 pages of them). They have 2 or more cars in the driveway like most of us. And they had to spend $300,000 plus just to live here. That's the minimum price for a small house. Our neighborhood is $350,000 and up. There is one neighborhood here that some run up to $1,000,000. So the rules are many to maintain a peaceful atmosphere. And we have our own police that patrol in a squadcar but you never know when.

mirage7000
10-06-2007, 12:42 PM

That is stupid! I agree too that they never lived through slavery and believe me I wouldn't have treated an animal like that! So we are condemned because we are white! I do feel bad in history that people (asses) in my mind could have done the unthinkable but I had nothing to do with it!

Starr_79
10-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Not only have they never been slaves, I have never owned a slave! And just for the record, you can be sure that I wouldn't have either.

Mom2Shaun
10-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Well, first let me say that I am white, living in a primarily black town. I admit that at first I was nervous about it, afraid that someone would be mean to me. Nobody did, and after I'd been here a while, I realized that these were all upper-middle class people. There are doctors, lawyers, a judge (female), and I see several black girls driving around in BMW's that Daddy bought them when they finished their Master's Degree. I know one old couple where the man became a doctor and his wife became a nurse in the 1950's! (You know that couldn't have been easy!) And our town, I'm proud to say, has a lower rate of crime than the upper-middle class white town right next to us, the one I moved from.

So here's my theory: you will probably find more crime in poor neighborhoods for several reasons. There are more desperate people there who might see crime as the only way to get what they want or need. (Believe me, I'm not condoning this at all!) Also, and I think this is a biggie, while all poor people are not riff-raff, most riff-raff are poor (unless you're a rock star!). They're poor because they do drugs or won't go to work or follow rules. So you have a disproportionate number of "losers" in a poor neighborhood, which makes it really hard on the respectable folks who live there. So I think it's more a reflection of economics than race. Of course, some people think the world owes them a living, but I would categorize them as losers.

Mom2Shaun
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
That being said, being where I live, my son is in a primarily black school. It's a wonderful school, with a fabulous autism program, and I'm very happy he goes there. But 6 years ago, on Martin Luther King Day, they had an assembly, where different classes put on little skits, recited poems, etc. I was absolutely shocked at 2 things that occured. The first was a skit where they showed "the happy, gentle people of an African village." Then the narator read something about how "we were kings and queens in Africa, until . . ." the bad, evil white men came and dragged us into slavery. (I can't remember the exact words, but that was the jist of it.) Then a girl got up and read a poem, where the refrain was, "Black is best. Black is best." This was said 4 or 5 times in the poem. Man, I did not like that one bit!

I hustled into the principal's office and complained. I told her that I thought the skit just promoted bad feelings and disharmony between people. I didn't want kids picking on my son because he wasn't black. And I told her that poem was absolutely inappropriate for a public school assembly, paid for by everyone's taxes. She (white woman trying to please everyone) said that we should understand that it was to promote black pride. I told her that you can say that the Italians are best at the Sons of Italy gathering, or the Irish in a St. Patrick's Day parade, but NOT in a public school! I finally had to ask her what John Stossel of 20/20 would say about this! She did decide to remove those two things from the afternoon performance.

I think we should just forget about race, and realize that people are people. My Mom always puts "human" next to the question where they ask it. And my son's last name is Asian, as my husband is Chinese. But I always check "Caucasian" on the school questionaire, because I figure that will confuse 'em!

hblueeyes
10-06-2007, 04:36 PM
My son lives in the Hyde Park area of Chicago. Very nice area where there is a mix of white, black, asian etc. Still it is predominately black. Louis Farrakhan
lives 2 blocks away from my son. Former US Senator, Carol Moseley Braun, lives there as well. Obamas wife works in Hyde Park. It is a very pricey neighborhood. My sons rent is over $1800 a month. Guess what? The crime rate there is still higher than areas that are all white.

True, all black neighborhoods are not ghetto. But where I live the crime rate goes up as the make up of an area increases its minority make up. I am not just saying blacks either. Where I live is mostly white. About 70% white.The other hispanic, black and middle eastern. The majority of the problems are with the middle eastern and hispanics, not so much the blacks.

Me

edited to add; When Carol Moseley Braun was mugged a few months back and had her arm broken, it was by a black man and 2 white college kids came to her aid.

Mom2Shaun
10-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Woh, I don't know what to say about that! If that's true, some parents need to really think about how they're raising their kids! It's time for people to concentrate of the present and the future, rather than stew in the past.

hblueeyes
10-06-2007, 05:10 PM
In a nutshell we are all people. We all basicly want the same things, health, love, peace, a place to live etc. if we get cut we all bleed red. We all feel pain and for the most part we love and care for our families and children. We want jobs that able us to have these things. None of us are really that much different than the other no matter what the color of our skin. That is why it is so hard to understand why minorities get preferential treatment in hirings and promotions. Why only those of any color but white can get scholarships from the UNCF. Why only whites can commit hate crimes. etc. Things would be much better if we were all held accountable for our actions, with no excuses about race. If the job went to the one most qualified and the promotions to those most deserving. If schools gave scholarships based on need and grades not quotas. Then we would be on our way to being one people

Me:stupido:

bpl76
10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
In a nutshell we are all people. We all basicly want the same things, health, love, peace, a place to live etc. if we get cut we all bleed red. We all feel pain and for the most part we love and care for our families and children. We want jobs that able us to have these things. None of us are really that much different than the other no matter what the color of our skin. That is why it is so hard to understand why minorities get preferential treatment in hirings and promotions. Why only those of any color but white can get scholarships from the UNCF. Why only whites can commit hate crimes. etc. Things would be much better if we were all held accountable for our actions, with no excuses about race. If the job went to the one most qualified and the promotions to those most deserving. If schools gave scholarships based on need and grades not quotas. Then we would be on our way to being one people

ITA Well said!!!

mosdata1
10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I won't respond to the entire thing however - the only reason why there were all-black colleges, was because black students could not attend the other colleges. Now although those colleges started as all-black (Howard, Spellman, Moorehouse, Hampton, etc), they are no longer all black colleges. As a matter of a fact, they always allowed all races to attend.
generally, the racial make-up of a poor area determines the race of the people commiting the crime. The Ghetto does not only house minorities. You have white ghettos also. These stupid rap songs that glorify the 'ghetto life' are stupid. There is no one living in the ghetto who wants to stay there!
Martin Luther King day - how is that different from Columbus day or Presidents' day? Aren't they days to celebrate great men of our AMERICAN history?
There are scholarships out there for blacks, Irish, American Indian, Hispanic, Italian, Asian, etc. These are private scholarships based on your ethic background, what is the difference which background they chose? Some are based on whether you are the first to attend college in your family (race doesn't matter), some are base on income only, others based on your neighborhood, or high school (it all depends on what some philantropists decided to set up).
Personally, I believe that all historic information should be taught all year long, there should be no reason to separate black, native american, hispanic or european-american (caucasian) history. It all makes America what it is today - it is silly to take 4 weeks only to teach inventions & changes made by blacks, and another 4 to teach what hispanics have done, and 1 week on the native americans. Why not incorporate all of our heritages into one history lesson? Didn't it all make this country what it is today?
BET is, unfortunately, a total waste of time & only perpetuates the 'gangsta' image of blacks. There is no need for a 'WET', I'm sure they'll come out with another series like "Friends" or "Sienfeld" based in NYC with no minorities at all.:coy
The Chamber of Commerce here is paid for by private donations (dues) by the members.
As far as I can see having pride in your race - I don't even know that it makes any sense, you should not be ashamed of your race, but you had no control of what race you are, so what is there to be "proud" of? You can be proud of your achievemets, proud of who YOU are as a person, but of your race? I don't get it.
There are many minority people who are racist - it is not simply a 'white' person's condition.
Okay, so I lied - I think I really did respond to the whole post.
By the way - my family consists of many different races, so I guess I really just don't get it. My brother tells me that when I was younger, and they would ask me to describe someone, I would never give a race & really didn't even understand the difference until I was around 12 years old. Now I don't know if that means I was just really, really slow or if it just never made a difference to me.
I will say though, that race never really had an effect on me until I was in H.S. & I had girls (my same race) who didn't like me because I spoke to people & had friends of all races. There was also one girl who we were pretty good friends in H.S. We talked on the phone most afternoons after school too. Her mom used to invite me over all the time for dinner, or just to come for a visit. One day her mom saw me as my friend & I were walking home from school. Once she saw me, the invitations stopped. If she answered the phone when I called, her daughter was not available. When I would see my friend in school, she would ask me why I didn't call her. I told her that she would have to call me, because if her mom was home, she would not let me speak to her. Now this girl had a BF who used to beat her, I was trying to convice her to leave him - sometimes she would come to school all bruised up because of him. Her mom liked him though - same race & all that. Then there was her BFF, who did drugs & slept around with almost every guy in school - including my friend's BF. Once again, her mom loved her - all about the race. I actually helped my friend get sober - I encouraged her to go to AA for teens - I was a peer mediator in my school.
As an adult, she is still sober & a good friend, now that her mom is no longer involved.

Anyway, I'll get off my :soapbox now.

hblueeyes
10-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I agree with most of what mosdata1 said however, the scholarships given by Irish, Polish,Native American organizations are paid for by gifts from philantropists who make the guideline and they do not receive federal monies like the UNCF.