PDA

View Full Version : Who could she be? Any ideas?

hblueeyes
10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
This is a bit unusual and some will say hogwash but here it goes.

The past few weeks I have heard someone in the stairway. No one is there when I go check. I don't recall hearing anything, I just get a feeling. I have kept this to myself. Last night hubby asks if I have seen the girl on the bottom landing. He has seen her 2 times. My youngest has mentioned her too.

This house was built in 1960. My family has been the only people who have lived here. My Dad died here but other than that nothing. Well when we were younger we would hear what sounded like bowling, paint cans or baseball bats falling and occasionally the door between the kitchen and the basement stairs would shut by itself, well it would slam shut. Once when I was 20, I got freaked out for no reason and left the house. Later when I returned there were all kinds of activity due to a gas line leak. I smoked and cannot smell much since a practical joke went wrong and I burned out my smeller. Another time, the house was hit by lighning. Sparks flew from all the outlets but the one my mother was plugged into, yet it shared a circuit with others that did.

Who could this girl be?

Me

lucimPI
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
This is really interesting. Who had the property before your family? Was there ever another house on the property and was torn down. Most curious!!

aussiegirl
10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
She's the one telling you to go!!!! I'd leave

hblueeyes
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
The area had only a few homoes when the ground was broke in late 1959. My mother had this house built. No homes were ever on the site prior to this house. Three years ago we had a second story addition put on the house. She stands at the bottom of the stairs going up to the addition. These stairs were part of the construction project. That is why this is so odd. It is not like she is in a familiar place looking for her room or something. I am stumped.
Hubby does not normally believe in ghosts, spirits, aliens, etc. But he and my son are not afraid of her. When I have gone and looked toward the bottom of the steps, I am not frightened, just purplexed because It seems like someone is there. but I have not seen her.

Me

Aloha from paradise
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
How old is your youngest? Kids seem to comunicate better with spirits then adults. If he isn't to afraid have him try and talk to her. Or maybe you can do it yourself. It seems she might not know she is dead and needs to cross over. Perhaps you can help her. Good luck. Please keep us posted...

hblueeyes
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
My youngest is 17. We are going to set up the video recorder and tape recorder this weekend and see what, if anything happens.

When my oldest was a toddler like 2 years old, I thought he had the greatest imagination. We did not live here then. But he would play for hours with his imaginary friend. That is what we called it. One day while visiting my Mom at this house, he came to me to show me his imaginary friend. He pulled me up from my chair and went over to the china cabinet that had a picture of my dad. He pointed at him and said, this is my maginary friend mommie. I didn't freak but I told him who it was. I was upset that my dad did not visit me. But it turns out that he visited each one of my boys, though they have no current recollection of it.

Me

belle5691
10-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Hope you figure out what is going on. I've had experiences like this before and still wonder to this day who the person was...and why they were there.

azrocky
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
I think that you need to persuade her to cross over to the other side if you can, I would bet that some type of dwelling was on that land prior to your mom purchasing it, and that could be where the little girls spirt is comming from. Good Luck

Starlady01
10-05-2007, 04:17 AM
O I believe ya for sure.

We lived in two house's that were haunted.
One when I was a little girl I remember playing with a little girl upstairs and I told my mom about it she was like what. No it wasn't one of my sisters. I would of only had one then an older sister. See the upstairs was off limits I don't know why but they were but I do recall playing with a little girl. I have aunts the same age as myself but they weren't around at this point at our house anyways.

The second time would of been at another house when I was older I think in my teens someone was in my mom's bedroom we never saw them but it was a man when you slept in there you would dream of him or have a feeling of his presents. I had fallen asleep on my mom's bed and a few days later she was like has anyone ever had a feeling of a man standing over them here. I said yes I have, she said where was you I said in your room. That is the only room we ever got the feeling from. We moved not long after that.

I almost forgot I don't recall leaving the house when I was really younger but I disappeared one day and they found me on my grandmother grave not far from where we lived. How did I get there and sitting on my Grandmother grave. wow
Out of all the graves I was sitting on my grannies.

I think it is Loretta Lynn unsure who owns a house that is haunted. I saw it on one of those shows awhile back. She does tours of the haunted house.

Yes it is Loretta here is the link
http://www.prairieghosts.com/hur_mills.html
Read down and go to:
Ghosts of Nashville and the Music City

http://www.prairieghosts.com/haunttn.html

freeby4me
10-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Do you have a breaker box downstairs where this girl was seen? Most of the time, creepy feelings come from high EMF readings. Now of course, I do believe and im in no way saying its not paranormal, im just trying to figure out the cause.

Another question, where exactly is this stairway at? Is this something that you have to go up to get into your house or is this to a basement or something? You could try saying something while in the stairwell about "You are not welcome here" or "You may not come inside" Whatever you do, do not invite them inside, for they will not be alone.

MistyWolf
10-05-2007, 04:31 AM
Maybe she was someone who was there before you owned the property (got that there was no house) .. Maybe she got hurt in that spot (ran over by a horse and buggy?) and is stuck in this realm.

Do you feel threatened? .. Have you ever tried talking to her?

Starlady01
10-05-2007, 04:49 AM
It was either my grandma or my grandpa's grave I don't recall which. I remember it believe it or not. I don't recall which one it was I will have to ask mama which one I think possibly Grandpa. unsure

kabcrisp
10-05-2007, 06:29 AM
I am completely freaked out. . .

If it's a ghost. . .I say RUN!

This is why TAPS creeps me out as do other ghost hunting shows. . .I am a skeptic yet I tune in every week so I can l can shutter and shriek each time a shadow is seen or and EVP is picked up. . .

Ghostly little kids are the creepiest. . .Pack it up and head for a hugely populated and well lit area.

aussiegirl
10-05-2007, 06:44 AM

This is why TAPS creeps me out as do other ghost hunting shows. . .I am a skeptic yet I tune in every week so I can l can shutter and shriek each time a shadow is seen or and EVP is picked up. . .

Ghostly little kids are the creepiest. . .Pack it up and head for a hugely populated and well lit area.

Thank goodness! I thought I was the only scared. You wouldn't have to tell me twice to leave. I'd call one of the ghostbuster and return after they did their job.

hblueeyes
10-05-2007, 06:57 AM
The stairs are inside the home as the city would not allow outside stairs to the addition like we wanted. The stairs are in the main floor living room. These stairs were put in as part of the second story addition as we needed a way to get up here. There is no fuse box or circuit breaker near the stairs. The main house breaker is in the basement and the addition breaker is in the master bedrooms walk in closet not near the stairs.

I have not seen her. Hubby and my son have. I have only felt her presence. None of us are scared or feel threatened. I do not want to tell her to leave or that she is not welcome as I dont mind her being here as long as bad things dont happen from it. If she needs something from me then I am most willing to do what I am able to. I am just curious as to who she could be and why now? I have lived most of my life in this house and have never seen or felt her before. If the construction stirred things up then why now, 3 years later? Why does she let the men see her and not I?

They have been doing things 2 blocks away at Resurrection Cemetary, yes, the famous one from Unsolved Mysteries and other shows about hauntings. They have removed most of the trees, giving the deer little shelter and camouflage. I heard they were putting in condos/townhouses but the area where they are doing this have no graves. This area is well built up and if that has something to do with it, why my house? Why us? The more I think about it the more questions I have.

Me

cabby92
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
My small office building is haunted. We don't see anyone but we hear him all the time, opening doors and the like. It's been going on since the owner died in 2000.

hesnothere
10-05-2007, 07:29 AM
It sounds as if she's been there for quite some time. She was most likely the reason why you left the house when you were freaked, it was her way of warning you about danger to come. It's her way of thanking you for letting her stay. She really does need to go to the other side, even though she is no threat to you, she doesn't belong here anymore. You can talk to her, ask her if she has unfinished businesshere. Try to convince her that she needs to go towards her light. I know this sounds GhostWhisperish, but it does help.

If you have a library they may have old books or documents about your town history that you can research.

She could have been threatened or hurt by a woman or she may just be a flirt. Spirit does retain its personality.

Good luck!

kabcrisp
10-05-2007, 11:30 AM
getting more and more freaked out by the minute. . .

Cemetaries. . . ?going toward the light. . .? I need my blankie and my Mommy!

When did BBS become such a scary place???? LOL~

lassss
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
lol I totally agree.. I'd be out of that house in a flash. I like visiting scary places like haunted houses but I don't want to live there !! I'd be freaked by a lil kid ghost too!

hesnothere
10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
We have more to fear from the living than from those who have moved on.

Unicornmom77
10-05-2007, 12:17 PM

Totally agree with you there!

Aloha from paradise
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM

So very true!!

earnhardt1
10-05-2007, 04:37 PM
get pictures i wanna see..... lol i use to play with my pap when i was little he died when i was 3....

Kyla Kym
10-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Get one of those chalk boards from the dollar tree, hang it on the wall where they keep seeing her and write on it "Who are you?", and leave it there with a piece of chalk for a few weeks. See if anything happens. :)

ang in NC
10-05-2007, 06:11 PM
My uncle came to my husband in a dream, he told him I was one of the best mothers. I was like why didn't you tell me!

loveswolfs
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM

It doesnt madder where you live, even hugely populated area's can get ghost's too. I live in the city and when we moved into my grandmothers house we would hear her walking around, smell the purfume she loved to wear, now we hear my dad & some times my grandson will look up and start talking to him.

Aloha from paradise
10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I think it's wonderful our loved ones who have passed on still watch over us.

Jackie_Blu
10-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Get one of those chalk boards from the dollar tree, hang it on the wall where they keep seeing her and write on it "Who are you?", and leave it there with a piece of chalk for a few weeks. See if anything happens. :)

This is a great idea! I would definitely try to communicate with her. Also research your property as someone else suggested. I love this kind of stuff (maybe I wouldnt if I lived in a haunted house lol)

ssgjeg
10-05-2007, 09:34 PM
If your husband and son have seen her they can give you a clue as to the time period she comes from by describing her clothing.

hblueeyes
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Well she has moved to the top of the stairs. She just stands there. I woke up and saw a figure just standing at the top stair. I blinked real hard and she was still there. I thought it may have been my mom, since she is short like the figure, 5'2". I called Mom, is that you. Is everything ok. And the figure just vanished before my eyes. I got up and saw a light on downstairs. I went sownstairs and saw my mom sitting at the litchen table having a smoke. I asked if she was ok and she said she couldn't sleep. The pain in her right leg was too much so she got up to take a pill and have a smoke. I know it could n't have been her at the top stair. I went to Walmart and bought tapes for the video camera but I got the wrong ones. I'll get the right ones and have hubby set up the recorder, maybe we'll get a hit. I am also looking for my tape recorder to keep by my bed so if I get a feeling , maybe I'll get another hit there. I need film for the polaroid and need to find the camera and the digital camera. So much is still in boxes but I will find these things and try to post whatever we get, if anything.

Me:shhh

edited to add: my poor 8 year old, 108 pound puppy won't go down the stairs alone sometimes. Also last night he was laying by me while I was online and he was torn between growling and wimpering.

Freebeemom
10-08-2007, 05:52 AM
I am going to PM you. I think I have an idea...

Kyla Kym
10-08-2007, 03:21 PM
I am also looking for my tape recorder to keep by my bed so if I get a feeling , maybe I'll get another hit there.

On one of those "A Haunting" shows, a lady left her tape recorder running on the steps when she left the house. Seems like she made sure that the ghost knew she was leaving like she said it out loud, then she slammed the door when she left so the recorder would pick up her slamming the door so she would know when she listened to it later on that night that anything on that recorder happened after she left. When she replayed it that night she heard footsteps coming and going on the stairs, she heard doors being slammed and it seems like after she slammed the door someone said something on the recording. So the next time no one will be at home, you should do that and see what happens. :)

nightrider127
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe she was someone who was there before you owned the property (got that there was no house) .. Maybe she got hurt in that spot (ran over by a horse and buggy?) and is stuck in this realm.

Do you feel threatened? .. Have you ever tried talking to her?

This is exactly what I was thinking. Is there anyway you can find out what was there before the house was built? Do you have a historical society for your area? I would think that would be a good place to start.

BTW, I believe everything you say. I never met my Grandmaw on my Dads side but I feel her presence around me constantly. I think she is my guardian angel.

SLance68
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Spirits do travel - you could have picked up a spirit at another location and relocated her to your house.

hblueeyes
10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
The blueprints for this 5 acre section were made in 1958/59. Nothing was here but field and farm. A block away are all factories yet when I was a kid it was all corn field. I doubt this property was ever part of a farm since when you dig you hit clay. There were a few homes her that were home built by the owners. This house was actually the first one built with a basement. I used to play in the elementary school while it was being built. The major cross streets are major roads as they were in the early days but they were 2 lanes and the one was gravel. Street lights were eventually put in because of all the disasterous car accidents. It is possible some type of accident occured but since this was really not a town I doubt I would find any info but I am still going to try. I just want to know who she is and what she wants/needs.

Freebeemom: I am going to go to both places later in the week and let you know what happens.

Me:shhh

hblueeyes
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Spirits do travel - you could have picked up a spirit at another location and relocated her to your house.

How does that happen?

me:shhh

MistyWolf
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
You can also get spirts with a piece of furniture. Say for example you get an old dresser at a yard sale or antique dealer, it could have a spirit attached with it.

okie
10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
You can also get spirts with a piece of furniture. Say for example you get an old dresser at a yard sale or antique dealer, it could have a spirit attached with it.

Great, I'll never go garage selling again, thanks Misty!