PDA

View Full Version : tens Unit

Army-Mom
10-03-2007, 05:36 AM
:gaah :stunned :stunned :dizzy :whistle Do you use one(tens unit) and if so does it help? I love mine along with some lortab it does help..I remember the first one I ever got and was learning how to use it, well you know what happened I turned it to high

lymi
10-03-2007, 06:33 AM
What happens when you turn it to high? Dare I ask? lol They were gonna set me up with one. I said I didn't like feeling like a robot or something. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's me lol

lassss
10-03-2007, 07:05 AM
lol tens units are great...

WARNING: just make sure you don't use it above the waist, it could shock your heart !!

Army-Mom
10-03-2007, 07:07 AM
I use mine on my shoulders it just says not to turn it up real high

Army-Mom
10-03-2007, 07:09 AM
What happens when you turn it to high? Dare I ask? lol They were gonna set me up with one. I said I didn't like feeling like a robot or something. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's me lol

It hurts if you turn it to high..it feels like you are getting shocked with electricty is the only way I know how to explain it maybe someone will come along and explain it better..I have been using one for years and just got a new one. they are great for pain.

lymi
10-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok, I got a tens unit today. I'm gonna have back surgery on Novemer 5. Any good advice on using one? Besides not turning it up too high lol

DBackFan
10-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I also am getting a TENS unit, tomorrow I think. I have the scrip right in front of me. Mine is also for my shoulder but will use on my back too since I have had 3 surgeries.

lymi
10-10-2007, 03:18 PM
The dr. gave me mine in the office. I asked him if it was a rental since they are so expensive. He said no. The insurance usually pays for them rather then rent them.. Let me know how yours goes

Army-Mom
10-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Ok, I got a tens unit today. I'm gonna have back surgery on Novemer 5. Any good advice on using one? Besides not turning it up too high lol

No advice really ...did they show you how to use it?

lymi
10-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Yes, they did. I kept thinking about you saying you turned yours up too high. So I was kinda nervous about how high to go. She kept saying, just go till it hurts. I was nervous. But I guess I'll adjust to it after time and figure it out

buglebe
10-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I have one but I can't say it helps a lot. Maybe I should get it out and try it again.

Army-Mom
10-11-2007, 06:30 AM
I love mine..I just got a paper telling me yesterday said I could call and get different size of pads so i am going to call today if i get a chance and check it out.

lymi
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Do you wear yours to town or just at home? I had running around to do today and pain pills weren't helping. I thought about wearing it to town. But thought it might be in the way. Mine does have a belt clip. But then it started raining, so I thought it would be a very bad idea to wear it to town.

Army-Mom
10-12-2007, 03:30 AM
yes I wear mine to town.. I put mine on my shoulder the other day and in an hour it felt so much better..good luck with it...I am going to sister in laws today and I will be taking mine also..