PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question of the day..."Fry Sauce"! Who has had it?

DezaRay24
09-29-2007, 11:17 AM
FRY SAUCE! Mmmm Nummy I love this stuff!

I know here in Utah Fry Sauce is a HUGE thing, and lots of Fast food places have it. So I was just wondering who else has tried it from other states and if you liked it or not. I know its not a thing that other states have or carry or have even tried.

Growing up I learned really quick not to ask for it when we would travel to other states as the cashiers would give you that "What the heck is that" look! haha

For those who don't know what "Fry Sauce" is I will tell ya...Its a mixture of Ketchup/Mayo and some (like me) do add just a bit of pickle juice for zing!

Kyla Kym
09-29-2007, 11:20 AM
FRY SAUCE! Mmmm Nummy I love this stuff!

I know here in Utah Fry Sauce is a HUGE thing, and lots of Fast food places have it. So I was just wondering who else has tried it from other states and if you liked it or not. I know its not a thing that other states have or carry or have even tried.

Growing up I learned really quick not to ask for it when we would travel to other states as the cashiers would give you that "What the heck is that" look! haha

For those who don't know what "Fry Sauce" is I will tell ya...Its a mixture of Ketchup/Mayo and some (like me) do add just a bit of pickle juice for zing!

I've never seen it around here anywhere. But I use to like mayo and ketchup on my burgers. :)

lymi
09-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Don't have it in Texas. Also don't have boiled peanuts. A few years ago, we did some traveling, and apparantely that is the big thing in the southeast. Tried it, but didn't like it

suprtruckr
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
that sounds like the dipping sauce BK give with the onion rings

Shann
09-29-2007, 01:37 PM
no where I have lived has had it, but I've like the mixture long before I knew it had a name ;)

azrocky
09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
We used to have a hamburger place here in Arizona that had the fry sauce, but I think they have gone out of business, and I have'nt been able to find another place that carries it.

Anig2u
09-29-2007, 02:33 PM
never heard of it either, so it's just mayo and ketchup mixed together? I have had that combo on a burger before..lol

DezaRay24
09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
never heard of it either, so it's just mayo and ketchup mixed together? I have had that combo on a burger before..lol

Ya you pretty much just mix equal parts of mayo and ketchup and for me I add just a bit of pickle juice. Mix it all up till it is not too dark red (too much ketchup) and not to light orangish color (too much mayo). I swear it is the BEST stuff on french fries LOL
I usually get mine at the fast food places like Sonic and Artic Circle(theres is the BEST) but this guy sales his at the local stores here.

http://somedudesfrysauce.com/store/

freeby4me
09-29-2007, 05:31 PM
We dont have it here in Michigan but I too was thinking it sounds like the special sauce thats on the Burger King whopper. It makes me want some LOL

That site that you posted, it looks like its for businesses only to purchase?

magenta
09-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Never heard of it! But I do not think I would like it. I eat everything plain! LOL!

Anig2u
09-29-2007, 06:21 PM
We dont have it here in Michigan but I too was thinking it sounds like the special sauce thats on the Burger King whopper. It makes me want some LOL

That site that you posted, it looks like its for businesses only to purchase?

I always thought the stuff on the whoppers was something like thousand Island dressing...? what it tastes like anyways..lol

DBackFan
09-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Almost all the fast food places here have it now. It started with Artic Circle but now Jack in the Box and A & W do it too. I haven't seen McD's or BK do it but I love fry sauce on the rare occasion I eat fries.

flute
09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
We don't "have it" here in MO, but some of us at lunch in HS used to do that, lol, it was good, but no relish/pickle juice here. I haven't done it since HS but it's good.

BeanieLuvR
09-29-2007, 10:43 PM

I love that sauce!! I have never heard of Fry Sauce. Sounds good though.

Qtxann315
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
They sell it in Winco Food stores. My husband got it once and I thought that it was for frying. LOL but it's pretty decent sauce for fries.

Army-Mom
09-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Never heard of it..but when my children where small and had birthday partys I would mix the ketcup and mayo together to put on the kids hotdogs to save time and a lot of little messes..

MsLynn
09-30-2007, 07:45 AM
never heard of it

MistyWolf
09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I have never heard of "fry sauce" before, but have made that concoction to dip my fries in.

And BK doesn't have special sauce on their Whoppers .. I used to work there .. they just use ketchup and mayo .. McD's is the one with special sauce for their Big Mac's and that to me is like thousand island.

Anig2u
09-30-2007, 09:28 AM
I have never heard of "fry sauce" before, but have made that concoction to dip my fries in.

And BK doesn't have special sauce on their Whoppers .. I used to work there .. they just use ketchup and mayo .. McD's is the one with special sauce for their Big Mac's and that to me is like thousand island.

ok i must have been thinking about the big macs that taste like the thousand island dressing... shows how much i eat at bk and mcd's..lol

but i do remember the mcd's song...two all beef patties special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, icy coke, thick shake, sundeas, and apple pie...lol i think thats how it went..:)

well i couldnt get this fry sauce off my mind so i had to make some homemade french fries and whipped up some fry sauce 1 cup mayo 1/2 cup ketchup and 1 tsp pickle juice..pretty tasty..here in maine we have something called doo doo sauce that is made at a local restaurant called cole farms it has been around forever..the sauce tastes kind of like french dressing and they sell it there, its really good on french fries.

Starr_79
09-30-2007, 09:43 AM
I grew up in California, but now I live in Idaho, and everybody eats fry sauce here! Personally, I don't get it. I do not think it is very good, just give me plain old ketchup please! But around here you have to specifically ask for the ketchup, because fry sause is so popular that it pretty much comes standard with all fry orders!

Aloha from paradise
09-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Never even heard about it until my daughter-in-law from Utah was talking about it. She and my son love it:) I've never tried it.

deb_gar
09-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I've had mayo and ketchup on a burger, especially in the winter when tomatoes taste like cardboard. but if you want mayo on french fries.....you better eat it at home around here. you would certainly get some strange looks, lol.
ranch dressing is all the rage around my area (near Pittsburgh, PA----GO STEELERS!!!)
they even dip pizza in it.

delSol
09-30-2007, 05:16 PM
ranch dressing is all the rage around my area (near Pittsburgh, PA----GO STEELERS!!!)
they even dip pizza in it.

ewww!!!

sorry - that sounds nasty - but isn't it in PA that they put ketchup on eggs too?

freeby4me
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually the ketchup on egg thing is all over I guess. I wanna ralph at that idea but ranch dressing on pizza is AWESOME!! Actually ranch dressing is awesome on everything!!

deb_gar
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
sorry, I like ketchup on scrambled eggs. :eating:

ranch is good on fries, but like my pizza plain.

my DH used to put ketchup on mashed potatoes!!!

:puke:

DezaRay24
09-30-2007, 06:44 PM
I like ketchup on eggs. Its helps me be able to eat em since I'm not a big egg fan.

Also ranch on pizza is pretty good too.

MistyWolf
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Ketchup on eggs is awesome!!!

MamaFairal
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM

The ring sauce is more like zesty sauce...fry sauce is just mayo/ketchup

love ring sauce on everything :D

Rosina823
09-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I always thought the stuff on the whoppers was something like thousand Island dressing...? what it tastes like anyways..lol

It is on Big Macs and it is thousand island.I like ketchup and mayo mixed but we dont have fry sauce.Hey if it is good then I guess it should have a name.

flute
09-30-2007, 09:22 PM
my DH used to put ketchup on mashed potatoes!!!

Oh I think saw that in a movie once, with a woman being pregnant LOL

Kyla Kym
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Actually the ketchup on egg thing is all over I guess. I wanna ralph at that idea but ranch dressing on pizza is AWESOME!! Actually ranch dressing is awesome on everything!!

There is a privately owned pizza place here that serves up a pizza that has ranch dressing instead of pizza sauce as the base. They cover it with chicken, cheese, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers. I prefer it to her regular pizzas.

KrystallizedFlame
09-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I remember this stuff when I lived in Utah. Artic Circle has the best shakes.

freeby4me
10-01-2007, 04:28 AM
There is a privately owned pizza place here that serves up a pizza that has ranch dressing instead of pizza sauce as the base. They cover it with chicken, cheese, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers. I prefer it to her regular pizzas.

Wow that sounds weird and good at the same time LOL

I really like the BLT pizza's, they put the mayo on after its done baking of course but those are awesome!!

DezaRay24
10-01-2007, 06:20 AM
I remember this stuff when I lived in Utah. Artic Circle has the best shakes.

HECK YA THEY DO! Ohhh I love there shakes! They also sell there fry sauce as well.