PDA

View Full Version : My DH is gonna KILL ME!!!

skettios
09-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Confession...I went to the tanning salon last nite n left my diamond wedding band and engagement ring on the hook in the changing room!!! i realized it this morning but it was too late they gone. It took that boy 10 years to put those on my finger and now...poof...gone!!! Dumba$$ me didnt get an appaisal or insurance. Does anyone know if my homeowners would cover me???

earnhardt1
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
awwww that sucks..... good luck

catdance
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
My guess is not without an legal/signed appraisal or an insurance policy otherwise you could claim any amount, but maybe..FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

Kyla Kym
09-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Confession...I went to the tanning salon last nite n left my diamond wedding band and engagement ring on the hook in the changing room!!! i realized it this morning but it was too late they gone. It took that boy 10 years to put those on my finger and now...poof...gone!!! Dumba$$ me didnt get an appaisal or insurance. Does anyone know if my homeowners would cover me???

Start checking around in the local pawn shops. They just might show up at one of them. You might have to buy them back, but if you are sentimental about them, it might be worth it to you. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Adra
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Have you asked if they were turned in? I know that not everyone would do that but some people would. I would turn them in.

I hope you get them back.

Pepsi4me
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Oh no! That really suxs! I'm so sorry that happened. I don't think I would take my rings off if I ever went tanning.
I'm so used to my my rings spinning around on my finger that I would know I didn't have them on.

I hope by some miracle you are able to get them back.

skettios
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
thx. Yes i sent my mom up this morning and i stopped in again after work. No luck. I do have the paperwork w al the specs on it. Just not the offical appraisal. Checked all the pawn shops too.

freeby4me
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Start checking around in the local pond shops. They just might show up at one of them. You might have to buy them back, but if you are sentimental about them, it might be worth it to you. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Pawn shops LOL but yea, i'd go down to the police station and ask whats the next best thing to do and then check the pawn shops, if anything along with the police report they'd probably sell them back to you at cost, and help you figure out who pawned it to begin with.

vicky122
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Most insurance you need to buy that. Just like water backup or flooding. And no an appaisal. Call your insurance company.

Kyla Kym
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Pawn shops LOL but yea, i'd go down to the police station and ask whats the next best thing to do and then check the pawn shops, if anything along with the police report they'd probably sell them back to you at cost, and help you figure out who pawned it to begin with.

LOL, I was just thinking about that, and was coming back to change it. But you all caught it before I could get it changed. :laugh:

ahippiechic
09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Sorry you lost your rings! That's why I don't take mine off...ever.

magenta
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I am so sorry you lost your rings! My Dh would kill me too.

I don't take mine off. I have my mom's on my right hand too. I lost my wedding band once, I found it in the sugar canister. I got it sized after that and have not removed them since,

Hope you come up w/ something!

pepperpot
09-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I hope they come back to you....that is so sad...:(

BigLyd1
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Gosh, that's so upsetting. Can you offer a reward? I know that's kind of desperate but if somebody saw something maybe they would speak up. Just a thought. I hope by some miracle you get it back.

magenta
09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Can you offer a reward?

I think this is a good idea.
I thought of something else... The tanning salon should know who was in that room after you. And they would have had to clean it after you were out too. Who cleaned the room? I think it would be kinda easy for the salon to narrow it down. Not that everyone is honest, but maybe you would get lucky.

Nightgem
09-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I was just thinking the same thing as magenta. Salons are required by law to clean the rooms after each use and every salon I've ever been in directed me to a specific booth and marked it on the sign in sheet. I really really hope someone returns them to you. ((hugs)) I know that's not gonna hep but I really feel bad for you...Gem
**Please go to the Police as well, might help if they stop in and have a little talk with the shop owner/manager. This will also protect you in case they do show up at a pawn shop.

MistyWolf
09-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Sorry you lost your rings! That's why I don't take mine off...ever.

Ditto. And I am one of those ppl that likes tan lines to see how tan I am .. lol.

Hope they show up. I believe you have to have an appraisal for insurance, and than would have to have the rings on your policy.

tsquared
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
go back and talk to the owners and see if someone turned them in or if they can tell you who was next in the changing room

ang in NC
09-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I have none to take off, I don't tan anyway. Best of Luck!

PJDancer
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I have none to take off, I don't tan anyway. Best of Luck!

???what does what you do have to do with her original post? Sorry that post comes off as sort of rude to me.

taz69
09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Does the tanning salon have insurance?

MistyWolf
09-27-2007, 09:05 PM
???what does what you do have to do with her original post? Sorry that post comes off as sort of rude to me.

I didn't think her post was rude.

Does the tanning salon have insurance?

And the tanning salon having insurance won't cover her missing rings. Most have signs up saying they aren't responsible for lost or stolen items.

evrita
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Why didnt you put them in your pants pocket or in your clothes. I find it odd you took them off at all I cried when I had to have mine removed when I broke my elbow and the dr took them off or the had to be cut.

Good luck !!

lucimPI
09-27-2007, 09:23 PM
My insurance company will pay a certain amount on jewelry. If you have a ton of it then you have to get a special rider. Check your home policy and see what it says about jewelry or call your agent.
I sure hope that you get them back. I know how you must feel.

BeanieLuvR
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes, I had to get a rider for my wedding set. I do know my policy has a set amount for valuables so if I were you I would check into it. It will depend on the value of your rings. Good luck! I really hope that you can recover them.

I didn't find what ang in NC said at all rude. She was simply stating a fact and wishing the OP good luck.

ang in NC
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
sorry I didn't mean it to come off rude, I was just saying I don't have any, man... I feel for the woman

Char
09-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Nah... it's easy to be misunderstood in type...

This just sux major ! I would be a basket case ! So sorry this happened !

Ya know what... since they were on the clothes hook, it had to have been the very next person who used the bad... really, you know they would have seen them, and, if they didn't take them, they would have turned them in.

But, then again, it could have been who they turned them in to... At Sams club, about 10 years ago... I found a woman's purse in a shopping cart outside. Well, I saw two guys, employees, out in the lot gathering carts, and I gave them the purse to turn in... they were almost excited. I got to thinking "what if they don't turn it in", and, I know how honest I am... Hubby and I watched as they started opening it and going through it... I ran up to them and said, "You know what, I think I know whose purse this is, I'm gonna take it to them"... I went home with it, found the peoples info inside, and called them, they didn't know the area very well, so, I met them at a local Taco Bell... they were thrilled, and, of course, everything was intact.

Me personally, I would call the police and make a report... because someone in that building took your rings.They can find out who was in that bed after you... or the employee who checks the room out after you.

Damn shame for sure.

MistyWolf
09-28-2007, 04:33 AM
sorry I didn't mean it to come off rude, I was just saying I don't have any, man... I feel for the woman

Don't worry Ang .. you didn't come off as rude to me.

tnfuhs
09-28-2007, 04:58 AM
Is there anyway the tanning salon keeps a record of who used the bed after you? Maybe they could try and contact the person, and see if they had found it, hopefully their concious is getting to them by now,and would like to return them

PrincessArky
09-28-2007, 05:34 AM
OMG I just cant believe that anyone would keep something to special that wasn't theirs in the first place. I found a wedding ring when I was working at the college and turned it over of course the sad part??? Everyone was shocked that there was one person there that would actually give back something that wasn't theirs in the first place....to me it was a no brainer. I was just glad that I found it because as it turned out it belong to the hubby's grandmother so it was very special to that family

dv8grl
09-28-2007, 06:26 AM
That really sucks!
..but if you were my wife.. I'd be more than alittle upset!
If I were you I'd stay out of the tanning salon & spend some time making some sweet cash to replace your set.
Have you even told your husband, yet?

lassss
09-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Oh crap, you must be going crazy. I agree with the others, I would call the salon and see who was next in the room OR it could have been one of the staff who took it!! Talk to the owner.

Also never take them off, keep the ring finger tan line. I used to take my wedding band off before I took a shower and I forgot it a few times, luckily it was at home and not the gym, I don't take them off anymore except to clean them

Shann
09-28-2007, 01:38 PM
that really sucks, I can imagine how much torment you are putting yourself through. do you by chance have pics of the set? if so, make fliers and pass them out to all the pawn shops and the tanning salon incase someone brings it back. I'd also talk to the cops to see what my next step could be and it doesn't hurt to contact your insurance just to see if they will replace it or not. I hope you are able to get them back.

Starlady01
09-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Find out if the tanning salon has theft insurance.

My old insurance company was like that I had to list all my jewelry I now have another company. I don't have alot of jewelry and was wondering why the last company had me list them weird.

veesalazar
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
In all honesty if I found an envelope full of money I would probably keep it, but a wedding ring NO WAY! That has a value more important than money, I would die if I lost mine. I hope some way some how you are able to get yours back. The reward idea is good and so is asking the salon, I would hate to think that the person that cleaned the room after you used it is the one who kept it :(.

How did hubby take it? Mine would freak! I hope yours doesnt take it to hard it was an accident after all you didnt do it on purpose.

lassss
10-04-2007, 07:26 AM
any updates?? Hope you found your rings

skettios
10-07-2007, 09:33 AM
First of all i thank all of u for your prayers. I took them off cause i have to apply a bronzing lotion, i'm a redhead with very fair skin. Ive never tanned before. I am only doing it now cuz we have a wedding to go to in key west next month & i didnt want to scare Casper. I tried for days to get a list of occupants in the booth after me with no luck. The computer can only tell you the last person that used it. Since they are only required to clean the bed & stool I could totally see how the girl wouldnt see them on the hook (its not really in their cleaning view). I did make flyers and posted them at the salon. Id already began looking for replacements(knockoffs of course cuz hubby paid over $10000 for the set). October 2nd I got a call! 2 rings were found by the girl cleaning 1 of the rooms. Someone put them in an envelope and left them on the bed to be found. The girl offered to look up whom was in there last but i didnt want to know. I said in the flyer i wouldnt ask ?s & wouldnt press charges. Hubby never found out, I will leave them home from now on, and Im taking them on Friday for a cleaning and an appraisal.

THX again for all your prayers and words of encouragement!!

ladybugva
10-07-2007, 09:38 AM
wow I am so glad some one returned them!

dc613353
10-07-2007, 09:39 AM
so they were yours?thank god

okie
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Wow, I can't believe who ever took them brought them back. You are one lucky lady. Now leave that ring at home or on your finger!Really though, I am glad you got them back. My hubby would have killed me.

PrincessArky
10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
woohoo so glad that you got them back :)

MistyWolf
10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
So glad you got your rings back. Don't EVER tell hubby .. lol .. and have a great time in Key West (don't get drunk and blab!!! .. lol).

When your there, go stand in front of Sloppy Joe's at the cam and call your friends and family and tell them to go online and they can see you live on the internet :)

loris520
10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
thats great. Im so happy you got them back my hubby would kill me too lol

PJDancer
10-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Oh that is SO wonderful that you got them back!!!! I love when something like this happens that reinstates my faith in humanity. It's too bad they took them in the first place, but at least it was someone that took them that then listened to their conscious and thought better of their actions.

Adra
10-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I am so glad our prayers were heard and answered.

lassss
10-07-2007, 11:49 AM
That's great to hear!!

magickay
10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
So glad to hear this!! (doing the happy dance) It reinforces my belief that most people are basically good.

Pepsi4me
10-07-2007, 12:11 PM
That's wonderful to hear that you got them back.

Kyla Kym
10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
You should write a thank you note to them. It's really amazing that you got them back. :)

Shann
10-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm with everyone else, glad you got them back :)

hotwheelstx
10-07-2007, 01:27 PM
As for your original question....about insurance: My wedding set is covered by our insurance.

I'm sorry you lost your rings.....I know that the salons have a disclaimer that says they aren't responsible for stolen or lost merchandise. Years ago my mom lost her wallet in a nail salon....she left it in the bathroom and when she discovered it was gone it was to late. She took the salon to court w/NO LUCK. It was essentially her mistake not theirs.

BeanieLuvR
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
That is great news!! So glad you got them back!