PDA

View Full Version : A prayer

Adra
09-25-2007, 07:05 AM
(I didn't write this, but I do think it is so very beautiful. I would like to give credit to the person who wrote this so if you know, please, let me know so that I can thank the original poster of this prayer.)

Dear GOD:

Thank you for what you have already done for me. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards; I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me, I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears. I am thanking you right now.

I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves. I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job, I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief; I am going to thank you right now.

I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed. I am going to thank you right now.

I am thanking you because I am alive. I am thanking you because I made it through the day's difficulties. I am thanking you because I have walked around the obstacles. I am thanking you because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better. I'm thanking you because FATHER, YOU have not given up on me.

BeanieLuvR
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for sharing. :)

Kyla Kym
09-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Thank you for posting this :)

vicky122
09-27-2007, 03:42 AM
That was nice.