PDA

View Full Version : cousin in motorcycle accident...please pray

usedtirewife
09-18-2007, 07:56 AM
My cousin (35yrs) and her husband (70) were in a motorcycle wreck Friday night during a poker run for AIDS in the Florida Keys. Florida has a no helmet law so he did not have a helmet on. We are guessing from photos that she did have a helmet on. From police reports it was Tony's fault. We are not sure if it was mechanical failure or if he had a heart attack as of yet. They hit the back of a Tahoe. He died on impact. She is in Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. She has a collapsed lung, blood between her brain and skull, a laserated liver, and many broken bones in her face. She is in a coma at the moment and machines are breathing for her. Her parents and sister arrived Saturday to be with her. Her Aunts and Uncles are there with her. I am in Nc and am recieving tri-daily updates on her condition which has not changed since the family was notified on Saturday. My mother who is not a Christian, was the first at the hospital Saturday morning and she called me in transit to place my Cousin, April, on the prayer chain at my church. We have all been praying for both April and her husband, Tony's family. They had no children together. Please pray for her family to know the comfort of God during this time. Also pray for them to see God working in this situation. I know God has a plan for all of us through this situation. God does still work miracles, maybe not the miracles we want or expect but miracles jsut the same.

pepperpot
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
So sad......my prayers are with you all.....:(

Army-Mom
09-18-2007, 08:46 AM
I am so sorry, your family is in my prayers.

Willow
09-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry that happened. I hope your cousin pulls through. My brother was in a bad motorcycle accident a few years ago. He also lives in Florida and doesn't wear a helmet. He made it through but he has pins and rods in his leg.

BeanieLuvR
09-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I am so very sorry. :( I am praying for your cousin, you and your family, and Tony's family. This is so sad. Please keep us updated on any change in your cousin. Hoping she pulls through.

ang in NC
09-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I will pray for healing and peace.

lymi
09-19-2007, 06:14 AM
So bad. My prayers are with you. That just makes me feel so bad for ya'll. Please keep us informed. If she survives, it will be rough telling her that her husband died. I pray for that situation too.

toriamos44
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
will be praying for your cousin & the rest of your family!

YankeeMary
09-20-2007, 01:21 PM
You all have my prayers.

atomicmercury
09-21-2007, 08:50 AM
My prayers are with your family. May they find peace and comfort.

peaceluver
09-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I am praying for your family.

Fred12
09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I am praying for your family. I hope your cousin pulls through.