PDA

View Full Version : Barry Manilow Afraid to Appear on 'The View' With Hasselbeck ?

Jolie Rouge
09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Barry Manilow Afraid to Appear on 'The View' With Hasselbeck
By Richard Newcomb
September 17, 2007

Barry Manilow epitomizes the liberal reaction to being forced to share a stage with someone with whom he disagrees- instant flight! Manilow is apparently cancelling his scheduled appearance on the mostly-liberal gabfest show 'The View' because new host Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a conservative. According to TMZ, Manilow said of Hasselbeck,

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her."

So it seems that is is perfectly acceptable for liberals and/or Democrats to only go where their views will not be challenged, isn't it, Barry? I seem to recall the major Democratic candidates for President refusing to appear in a Fox-sponsored debate because they consider Fox 'right-wing'. I suspect that the real reason was that they might actually have to answeer questions that are not softballs about how terrible George W. Bush is and how unfeeling/corrupt/warmongering/ the Republicans are. It seems to be a liberal failing to be unable to handle a frank exchange of disagreeing viewpoints. Maybe it is because they are so used to having a liberal echo chamber in the mainstream media?

However, if a Republican were to refuse to go on, say CNN due to the left-wing viewpoints espoused by so many of CNN's reporters and talking heads, the liberal media would scream. It seems that liberals and the media want complete freedom to say whatever they wish without any criticism, no matter how offensive or untrue, but cannot grant that privilege to anyone with whom they disagree. Remind me again about liberal support of free speech? It seems that only they and those who agree with them are entitled to free speech- anyone who might be *gasp* a conservative is not granted that right. I'm wondering when the media will comment on the one-sided nature of this approach to free speech, as well as denigrate Manilow's cowardice as he surely deserves. I won't hold my breath.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/richard-newcomb/2007/09/17/courage-barry-manilow-afraid-appear-talk-show-conservative

[i]The funny part about this thing, in my opinion, is that it's not like Elizabeth is a fire-brand type of conservative where there are legitimate complaints or concerns. She's about as unassuming as a puppy dog.

And, it's not like she has said controversial things like, oh I don't know Rosie. When she is able to get a word in, she is pretty coherent and states the conservative argument pretty well. I'm not sure why that is "dangerous" or "offensive" to Barry.

I love how liberals describe conservatives as "dangerous." Like Mrs. Hasselbeck is someone who would walk into a crowded market and blow herself up along with many innocent civilians. Oh wait...those are our enemies -- the very same people these hyper-lefties love and admire.

The most dangerous thing Mrs. Hasselbeck could do to anyone is convince her husband to play for your favorite football team.

ladybugva
09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I saw this on TMZ, what kind of wimpy man is afraid of Elizableth? I mean when the singers come it's not like they are going to get into his political beliefs are they?

ilovecats
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I never watched the view and really do not know her(No idea if I like her or not).I do know after visiting places like this forum,there are people that I disagree with,But I am sure we would agree on some issues.I guess if I was that worried about arguing I would not go on the show,I would not expect people to cater to me.

ladybugva
09-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess if I was that worried about arguing I would not go on the show,I would not expect people to cater to me.

That is prob. b/c you are a normal, down to earth person not a hollywood person who thinks that every one should do what they want b/c they make the world better w/ their trade (music, acting...) I can't believe some of the crazy things that hollywood people sometimes demand like a bowl of all green m&m. all the furnature has to be white and there has to be exactly 9 bottles of ZZZ water cold and 4 on the counter by the fridge....

Jolie Rouge
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
The thing is, he DOESN'T have to talk about the war or politics ... Just talk about your stupid new CD and concert tour ... concerts from the past ... folks in the business he's worked with ...

Geez! These "entertainers" really have lost all contact with perimeters!

I see people such as Gary Sinise on talk shows ... He resists the need to spout off "politics" ... He just explains his support and entertaining for the troops and his work for the Iraqi children.

Not that hard to do.

PrincessArky
09-19-2007, 04:40 AM
The thing is, he DOESN'T have to talk about the war or politics ... Just talk about your stupid new CD and concert tour

yep but most likely nobody wants to hear about that either lol

ladybugva
09-19-2007, 07:36 AM
If you watch most talk shows that have musicians on them they only talk about the new CD and tour info. Unless the $$ is for a cause.

ahippiechic
09-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Good. I don't want to see him either.

dv8grl
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
they said today that he will be coming on the show in the near future

Bubblescc
09-19-2007, 03:27 PM
yep but most likely nobody wants to hear about that either lol

lol!! you got that right.

shoot the ratings would drastically go down just for him being on it, I think he did the show a favor......lmao!

what an idiot!

Char
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I think it's a publicity stunt... certainly he would have though about all that BEFORE even being scheduled to be on the show.

Wow... not being near someone because their 'views' are different... he must not get out much.

It's a shame really, I kinda like some of his music and songs... I didn't know he was such a wuss.

dv8grl
09-20-2007, 07:05 AM
its totally a stunt. he's been on the show before with her on the couch.

ahippiechic
09-20-2007, 07:39 AM
I dont know why they want him on there anyway....ick.

PrincessArky
09-20-2007, 07:47 AM

ditto

dv8grl
09-20-2007, 11:49 AM
totally! but just think of the normal 40 yr old housewife who watches the view, hes really their target audience.

Char
09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
totally! but just think of the normal 40 yr old housewife who watches the view, hes really their target audience.

Look out you 40 year old housewives ! Glad I'm way older !

You make 40 sound so old !

LOL... couldn't help it ! I'm 47 (just turned it two weeks ago), and he was in his 'prime' (if he had such a thing) when I was a teenager. In fact, I knew a few girls (maybe age 16'ish) that named their daughters "Mandy", that would have been in like 1975, maybe 1976.

I personally can't stand 'The View'... the only time I ever saw it was if the TV was already on that channel, and, I couldn't reach or find the remote...lol

Star Jones makes me wanna hurl... Rosie made me wanna spew... Barbara Walters ? Ah, I can take her or leave her... I think the show is boring as dirt, I would rather watch paint dry. :beamup

I so care less what any of those people think... I don't understand why anyone wants their opinion... their 'view' on things, I don't get it.

As far as Berry Manilow, he's not my style, I do metal and rock mostly, although, he has done a few good tunes... such as the "Bandstand" theme... and he sells out in Vegas, so someone's putting out the bucks and listening. Besides, he's WAY better off than I am, lol, he's done something right.

Hey, to each his own, I'd never knock anyone who likes him... go for it.

ahippiechic
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Well, I'm a 40-something yr old homemaker, but I'm not very 'normal'!

Jolie Rouge
09-20-2007, 01:39 PM
although, he has done a few good tunes... such as the "Bandstand" theme...

Did you know he also wrote the "I'm a pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper...." and the Infamous "Hold the pickle Hold the lettuce special orders don't upset us ... " not to mention "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions, on a sesemee seed bun ...."

Char
09-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Did you know he also wrote the "I'm a pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper...." and the Infamous "Hold the pickle Hold the lettuce special orders don't upset us ... " not to mention "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickle, onions, on a sesemee seed bun ...."

I knew he had wrote several 'jingles', like the Bandstand theme, but no, I didn't know he had done those. That's what I mean... he's done something right, he's a LOT richer than myself ! :star:

LOL, I have sung the "I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper... wouldn't you like to be a pepper too" but put "repper" in place of Pepper...lol, I was gonna add it to my sig... lol, I am such a dweeb sometimes !