PDA

View Full Version : For you Wheel of Time fans....

LunaChick
09-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Robert Jordan has passed away. :(

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=276213

ahippiechic
09-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Sad........

netsis61
09-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow-I just found out today. I was going to post about it but fortunatly did a search first. I'm frankly surprised that there was only one other post. I just felt a real punch to the gut when I found out just like when the croc hunter died or Johnny Cash or John Denver... or so many others that lit a candle in my soul. I have been reading and re-reading his 'Wheel of Time' series for the last 10 to 15 years and never tired of it. Sure it was escapism reading but dang.. it was a great escape. I personally thought it blew 'Lord of the Rings' right out of the water as far as complexity went. I never considered myself a rabid fan although I had over the last few months checked his blog (www.dragonmount.com) every month or so when I found out he was fighting that terrible condition.. The last time I checked he seemed to be winning the battle, sigh. Guess that's why it caught me off guard. He did leave detailed plans with his wife for completing the series which shows perhaps he knew he wasn't going to win the battle. Sigh. I did find a link there to another site www.tarvalon.com which has more info.
Well i guess i've nattered on enough. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else here was familiar with the series and understood how it was to read them and feel like you were among old friends and a better place (or at least more interesting) for a while?

Now I just have to hope nothing happens to Diane Gabaldon, my other escape book (the Outlander series). Just my luck she'll kill off Jamie or Clarie. She's already killing me slowly slowly with her spin-off books about Lord John..yeck-very staid and dry compared to the original series.