PDA

View Full Version : Grape Jelly...............

pepperpot
09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I was given a ridiculous amount of grape jelly...... What can I do with it?

I heard there's a grape jelly/ketchup sauce for meatballs but I don't know the recipe. Anyone know it or can suggest what else I can do with grape jelly?:itsme:

froggman
09-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I was given a ridiculous amount of grape jelly...... What can I do with it?

itsme:

How much jelly are you talking about?
Maybe donate some of it to a foodbank.

nanajoanie
09-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I use Jack Daniels honey BBQ sauce. I always add several TLBS of grape jelly. Great to use a crockpot with cocktail sausages or meatballs. I've also used it on ribs on the grill.

dcut4
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
CROCK POT COCKTAIL MEATBALLS

INGREDIENTS

* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 egg
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle chili sauce
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 cup grape jelly

1. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion and salt. Mix together, then shape into little balls.
2. In a slow cooker combine chili sauce, lemon juice and grape jelly. Stir in meatballs and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.

CHERRY COLA CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups hickory smoke flavored barbeque sauce
* 1 (2 liter) bottle cherry cola
* 1 cup grape jelly
* 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into 6 pieces

DIRECTIONS

1. In a Dutch oven, large enough to hold your chicken, combine the barbeque sauce, 1 liter of cola and grape jelly. Add the chicken and pour in more cola if needed to cover it. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for 1 hour, adding more cola as needed to keep the chicken covered.
2. Preheat a grill for medium heat. Remove the chicken from the sauce, and place on the grill.
3. Cook, turning frequently for about 20 minutes, just until the skin is crispy. Heat the leftover sauce over high heat and boil for about 10 minutes to serve alongside the chicken.

pepperpot
09-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Is it...

Jack Daniels (alcohol - I like it already ;) )
Honey BBQ
Grape Jelly

What quantities?

Thanks Nana

*BTW Does it taste better if I sip the JD while cooking it? :lol

nanajoanie
09-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Is it...

Jack Daniels (alcohol - I like it already ;) )
Honey BBQ
Grape Jelly

What quantities?

Thanks Nana

*BTW Does it taste better if I sip the JD while cooking it? :lol

It's Jack Daniels brand of BBQ sauce but we have added the alcohol in the past. And the more you sip the better everything tastes. Burp!! LOL I use one full bottle and about 1/2 that amount of grape jam. Heat and simmer for a spell to blend the flavors. You could even add some honey or brown sugar.

MistyWolf
09-16-2007, 11:55 AM
My SIL makes meatballs with jelly and they are really good.

If you have a lot, donate some like suggested. Save some for Christmas and you can make thumbprint cookies and use jelly in the middle, I do and they are really good!

Do you have family and friends you can give some to? My cousin works at a grocery store and they driver who delivered Entemann's used to give him boxes and boxes of their products and he passed them around to the family .. to this day I don't eat Entemann's .. lol!

Explorer 4x4'r
09-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Maybe donate some of it to a foodbank.

Yup, what I'd do.
since my daughter uses the food shelf, I gave her what she wanted for her kids first, then give the rest to the food shelf/salvation army

dixiechicken
09-16-2007, 04:23 PM
You could send it to me because I have been craving jam/jelly like no ones business!!! :)

YUMMMMMMM!!!!!

Starlady01
09-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Here are a few.

I have an aunt who did this at her house warming. They had lived at the same spot for years in a trailer and her husband had just build them a house on the property and she served lots of stuff one was Grape Jelly meatballs. A lot of the guest made fun of them I ate them. She was rushed and and had premade Meatballs and just poured grape jelly in a crock pot and heated. I don't like them myself but I would never tell her that.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,grape_jelly_meatballs,FF.html

How ever she does have a few recipes I have repeated.

nanajoanie
09-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Here are a few.

I have an aunt who did this at her house warming. They had lived at the same spot for years in a trailer and her husband had just build them a house on the property and she served lots of stuff one was Grape Jelly meatballs. A lot of the guest made fun of them I ate them. She was rushed and and had premade Meatballs and just poured grape jelly in a crock pot and heated. I don't like them myself but I would never tell her that.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,grape_jelly_meatballs,FF.html

How ever she does have a few recipes I have repeated.

Thanks for the great site. I bookmarked it.

DezaRay24
09-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Mmmmmmmm Nummy! I LOVE grape jam & jelly! Best kind ever made IMO haha