PDA

View Full Version : Cute children's thoughts

lymi
09-12-2007, 05:55 AM
Over the weekend, we took our 2 granddaughters to a Texas Rangers game. ages 5 and 6. We told them we were gonna stay the night, not realizeing that they didn't know about hotels. They asked if we were gonna sleep in the car. We said no , we would get a room with beds. They asked if we knew the people. We said, no, we give them money to stay there. They asked how we knew about these people. Than, at the game, they kept asking if the beds were here at the stadium. Once we finally got to the hotel, they thought is was really cool. But it is so funny. Things that we assume kids know about, they don't. How confusing some things must be for them!!!!!!!! What's your story about kids learning new things?:confused:

kabcrisp
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Recently as I was taking my daughter on a car ride. . . She noticed a trail in the sky from a plane that must have just gone by.

She said all amazed. . ."Look mama, someone has been painting in the sky"!!!!

Her look of amazement was adorable. . . It's made me look for the wonder of the common things I come across on a daily basis.

Eyore
09-12-2007, 09:22 AM
My daughter is 25 so we are going back a number of years.
But when she was in Kindergarten it was the end of the school year. I knew she wasn't ready for 1st grade. I wanted her to repeat kindergarten so I took her and went to the school to talk to the teacher. So after everything was settled and it was agreed for her to repeat kindergarten we were walking down the hall to leave. I was telling her that she wouldn't be going to 1st grade and she was going to stay in kindergarten. She busted out in tears, I stopped and asked her what was wrong. She says I don't want to be the only one in the room with the teacher. I had to chuckle about it and explain to her that there would be new boys and girls in her class and she wouldn't be in there alone with the teacher. After that she stopped crying and was ok.

PrincessArky
09-12-2007, 09:26 AM
we stayed at a hotel this summer on vacation first time since my youngest 2 were born and my 3 yr old was completely confused she kept saying she wanted to go to her home because we didnt belong there. We actually ended up coming home a day early and when we got home she said "I miss the stairs" we were stuck on the 3rd floor at the hotel lol