PDA

View Full Version : Bored

jedmatters
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I am work. BORED TO TEARS.

My boss was summoned for jury duty on Monday. So, we did not schedule patients on Monday. At noon, yesterday he called: GUESS WHO GOT PICKED.
He said he to report back to the courthouse at 9am Tuesday for the start of the trial.

I make an executive decision to open 1 hour early, and work 2 hours, and send him to court by 8:30. I call him, leave the message on his phone, to report to me first, and EARLY.
Then I franctically call 23 patients, move 14 to Friday, and the rest to 6:30 to 8:00. And I tell the other girl not to come in on Tuesday, and to wait until she hears from either the doctor, the manager or me before she comes in on Wednesday. I call the office manager (who is on vacation) and let her know what I did. She tells me that I did good. The doctor calls back, and thanks me for being on top of things.

But THERE IS NOTHING TO DO, I have surfed, played games, and even cleaned the entire office. I have two more hours until I can transfer the phones to the service. But no one is calling: since 9:00 I have had NO CALLS, no work.
I get paid to sit here and read BBS.

Shann
09-11-2007, 02:24 PM
doesn't sound like that bad of deal ;) lol getting paid to read bbs. :) although I hate when there is nothing to do, maybe go to the library tonight and pick up a book for tomorrow? Or I'm sure someone can give you a week's pass for Pogo lol.

freeby4me
09-11-2007, 02:37 PM
You are an excellent worker!! Sit back, relax and know if there was something to do then you'd be doing it.

PrincessArky
09-12-2007, 04:56 AM
u did a great job getting things moved around so I say give yourself a raise and sit back and enjoy the easy money :)