PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

MistyWolf
09-08-2007, 11:07 PM
I work with the victim's brother .. can you please say a prayer for their family .. I am sure they will be needed during this time .. TIA.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14072924/detail.html

CLEVELAND -- A teen was shot Friday night on the city's east side at about 8:30 p.m.

Brandon Marshall, his brother, their cousins and two friends got off the bus and were walking to their aunt's house.

Regina Marshall-Sheppard, Brandon's mother, said they were trying to ignore the group of guys who were following behind them, but when they didn't talk back gunfire erupted.

After a chase, Brandon Marshall, 16, was shot at Vashti Street. He was days away from celebrating his 17th birthday.

He was shot in the thigh.

He was taken to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital where he died.

No arrests have been made.

MistyWolf
09-09-2007, 11:48 AM
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/09/teen_shot_on_way_to_aunts_hous.html

Teen shot on way to aunt's house
Posted by Joel Rutchick September 08, 2007 23:17PM
Brandon Marshall boarded a bus Friday night, bound for a favorite aunt's house to play Xbox, watch television and hang out with relatives and friends.

The 16-year-old from Cleveland's Lee-Miles neighborhood had made the same trip to the Forest Hills neighborhood many times, but this one turned deadly when he, his brother, a cousin and two friends happened to walk onto the wrong turf.

Brandon was fatally shot as he fled from a large group of boys and young men, police said. The boy and his companions encountered the group on the way from the bus stop to his aunt's house.

"He would have turned 17 on Sept. 16," said his mother, Regina Marshall Shepherd. "He's just a statistic now."

According to Brandon's mother, stepfather and other relatives, the group told Brandon and his companions they didn't belong in the neighborhood and stalked them for several blocks.

Details are still sketchy, but around East 124th Street and St. Clair Avenue, several of the group began to chase Brandon and shots were fired. One of them struck Brandon in the thigh, and he collapsed in a back yard in the 12400 block of Vashti Avenue.

Police say he was shot around 8:20 p.m., and he was pronounced dead at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital about 9:10 p.m.

The Cuyahoga County coroner's office has not yet ruled on a cause of death, but Shepherd said her son bled to death.

"This senseless black-on-black crime has got to cease," she said.

Brandon was affectionately called "Lil B" because of his small stature. He liked to bake cookies for his six siblings and wanted to become an auto mechanic, said Bryan Shepherd, his stepfather.

He didn't have a driver's license yet but earned enough money shoveling snow and doing yard work to one day buy a car.

BeanieLuvR
09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
I saw this on the news. So very sad. I will say a prayer for the family. What a shame kids get killed doing nothing but walking.

Bubblescc
09-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I am very sorry, I will keep them in my prayers and I just said a prayer for them.

YankeeMary
09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
How freaking terrible. Whats worse is he died from something, not life threatening. How sad, this breaks my heart. The family has my prayers.

They said "this sensless black on black crime has got to stop." True it does but all the sensless black on black, white on black, black on white, white on white...etc...it all needs to stop. Our youth are dying for no reason. So tragic. It isn't a color issue it is an ignorance problem.