PDA

View Full Version : baby shower invite

aussiegirl
09-08-2007, 08:47 PM
My sister got an invite today to a baby shower. At the bottom of the invite it stated- bring an unwrapped box of diapers and get a chance at winning a $50.00 gift card. I thought this was a clever idea- what do you think?

Shann
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I like it as well. You are not forced to bring anything, but if you do, you could win $50, can't beat that.. help out the new mother-to-be and possibly get a little cha-ching ;)

MistyWolf
09-08-2007, 09:12 PM
We always do something like that but we don't do a gift card we do a prize. We call it a diaper pyramid and the game part is to guess how many diapers are stacked .. who ever is closest wins a prize.

You tell people on the invite that your doing a diaper pyramid and if they want to bring a pack of diapers .. than you make a game out of it when your doing the other games. So the diapers are actually coming from people going to the shower.

buglebe
09-08-2007, 09:29 PM
At both of the ones I have been to that had a prize like that, the prize was then taken from the winner and given to the mother to be/bride.

lizmolik
09-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I never got a baby shower with my child....but I was hoping someone would have done this if I would have had one! Great idea for expecting parents!

jedmatters
09-09-2007, 05:23 AM
My husband has been invited to things like this for the fathers. Since most showers are for women, the friends or family throw a diapers for dad party.
Everyone just brings diapers or wipes.
Eric always enjoys going to those. Not much of a "shower" theme, as it usually surrounded a televised football or basketball game.

lameduch27
09-09-2007, 05:23 AM
I was looking up baby shower games online a couple of weeks ago, and ran across this too, and put it on her invitations as well. I thought it was an awesome idea, as you can never have too any diapers.

http://i9.tinypic.com/4mrbi14.jpg

PrincessArky
09-09-2007, 05:54 AM
My sister got an invite today to a baby shower. At the bottom of the invite it stated- bring an unwrapped box of diapers and get a chance at winning a $50.00 gift card. I thought this was a clever idea- what do you think?

I think that is a super idea but even if I won I would give it back to the mommy to be :)

SLance68
09-09-2007, 07:02 AM
I think that is a super idea but even if I won I would give it back to the mommy to be :)

I was always under the impression that you were suppose to give the gifts back to the Mom to Be or Bride to be depending on the type of shower.

I have been to a shower for the husband - I use to work for a A/C contractor and we had a couple of these back in the day - not diapers & such - these guys bought car seats, strollers, swings & such. Most of them had kids and bought what they felt were the more important things. And they bought the top of the line stuff - I was really surprised.