PDA

View Full Version : Since new school year and all.......What funny thing did your child do on the first day of school?

tsquared
09-04-2007, 10:20 AM
i know there has to be some good ones out there

jedmatters
09-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Nope. My children would never embarass themselves.
That is MY JOB.

Willow
09-04-2007, 10:27 AM
School doesn't start here until tomorrow.

teenies*mom
09-04-2007, 11:21 AM
School doesn't start here until tomorrow.

here either

Rosina823
09-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Well was not funny but the bus forgot to pick him up the first day I had to call them, also out of the 4 days he went to school already he has gotten in trouble twice..

dinosmom
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Well my DS loves school and couldnt wait to start 4th grade today. He was up and dressed and ready to go at 6am....school starts at 8:20am!!!! I mean, he litterally had my car keys in his hands and was dragging me to the garage at 6am! (he normally walks to school but I always drive him on the first day) Well I decided at 7:45am that we could leave (school is like 5 blocks away) so we get in the car and my car battery is dead. So I go back to get my bf's car keys and I cant find them. I am searching and searching (bf is on a trip with his bros and not home). Its like 8am and I still cant find the darn keys. My DS is mad, saying that he is going to be late etc etc. I find the keys, pull out of the garage and then I realized I forgot to pack his lunch so I run in and make that. I get back to the car and notice that bf has a flat tire. So I decide to change the tire...had problems-but I was determined.... looooong story short, at 8:20 I had to RUN my DS to school and he was late on the first day! LOL

buglebe
09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
My 5 yr old granddaughter was hitting at her brother last night but didn't make contact because I intervened. I said what would your teacher say if she saw that and she said " I don't let her see me". She will get caught one day if she is doing it at school and it sounds like she might be.

metro
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Well my DS didn't do anything funny, but did manage to slam his thumb in the door of the car in the school parking lot! Poor Guy, what a way to start kindergarten!

cpbaby
09-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Not funny, not the first day, but on day 5 she had a complete and utter meltdown when I was dressing her because she "Cant write my naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammme!".... Sigh. Shes 3. In Head Start.

sahm2
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
This isn't actually funny but my daughter started kindergarden last monday and when they went to school on friday the class pet was dead. So the teacher tells them she will get a new one for tuesday. Well by the end of the day yesterday the new class pet was dead too. I really hope she doesn't go out and buy another fish.

ladybugva
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Mine were ready to go. The one going in 1st was ready early. He drew a pict on some poster board a few wks ago he insisted on taking to show the class. It has one stick person and one that is "puffy" kind of like the michelin man. He looks like that b/c he got suck up in the tornado in the picture. Oh and a house w/ the door open also.