PDA

View Full Version : ? ~ my dogs in heat and....

dv8grl
09-01-2007, 07:10 PM
.. well she's bleeding, it is that time of year for her, so its not a suprise, she just started tonight ~

My question is: We're going on the trip to ATL that I won & shes going to go to the kennel., will they take her, knowing that shes bleeding. I have her schedualed to be in the same "cage" as her " brother" who is neutered. I dont see a prob w/ them being together as they have been together in the past "cage/Kennel"....

When dogs bleed, is that like after her ovulation time is over, like humans or, shes can get knocked up before & after or during bleeding?

buglebe
09-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I think she can get pregnant now.

loveswolfs
09-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I think its now too..Every time mine comes in heat i have to be with her all the time when she's out side.

ang in NC
09-01-2007, 08:10 PM
that is when she can get pg!

dv8grl
09-01-2007, 08:34 PM
damN!!!!!! WHY NOW!!! ARGGHHH!!!!! That totally blows. I know @ the kennel they keep'em in the cage all the time,so their is a very small chance she'd get knocked up... I just think that all the boy dogs @ the kennel will be freakin' out!

This is like her 3rd time being in heat. I hate it, we need to get her fixed.. we were going to breed her (she's a purebreed Welsh Corgi), but she's a midgit, even by corgi standards shes very small, too small really to have babies, the vet said we could try, but its not worth it to me to have to have her ripped open & bleed out while giving birth, we had that happen to a stray cat that hung out here & my husband had to pull the dead baby out of its belly.... PLUS, i know its horrible these days to bring more dogs into this world., even though they are so damn cute!!!!!!http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1458/6785198/16722488/275774742.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1458/6785198/16722488/275774740.jpg

tngirl
09-01-2007, 10:48 PM
They aren't normally ready until they go into standing heat. That is when they stop bleeding and they will stand for the male to do his thing. A lot of people think that when they stop bleeding they are out of heat and that is when they get pregnant.

Also, most kennels do not like to take dogs that are in heat because it is upsetting to any un-nuetured males. But, they may have a seperate area that she can stay.

nanajoanie
09-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Call the vet and ask the same questions you just asked here. If they don't have special separate areas for dogs in heat, ask for a place that does.

loris520
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I used to work at a Dog Grooming place,and we used to have boarding and'' Doggy Day Care'' there and the owner would not allow dogs in heat to be there she didn't want the extra clean up and the other male dogs going crazy. Plus you would not believe how some of the dog owners would act when they found out another dog was there in heat. The owner did not want the added responsibility of making sure dogs did not get pregnant. Hopefully your kennel will be more understanding. Good luck tell us how it goes

dv8grl
09-02-2007, 04:53 PM
we're thinkin., its only for 50 or so hours., we might just leave her inthe house & confine her to the kitchen, hallway, bathroom area. shes good, she wont destroy anything., shes trained to go on paper, but I'll pick up some pee pads @ Petco this week. I'll buy her a few new toys to keep her busy, plus the cat will keep her occupied as she loves to bathe the cat....