PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorite Psalms

Adra
08-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Thanksgiving for the LORD's Favor
A Psalm of David.

1 I will praise thee with my whole heart:
before the gods will I sing praise unto thee.

2 I will worship toward thy holy temple,
and praise thy name for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth:
for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me,
and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.

4 All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O LORD,
when they hear the words of thy mouth.

5 Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the LORD:
for great is the glory of the LORD.

6 Though the LORD be high,
yet hath he respect unto the lowly:
but the proud he knoweth afar off.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me:
thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies,
and thy right hand shall save me.

8 The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:
thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever:
forsake not the works of thine own hands.

BeanieLuvR
08-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Thanks for sharing. :)

Adra
08-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Thank you. :)

Char
08-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Psalms are wonderful songs to God...

Psalms 83:18
"That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

I guess everyone has their favorite verses... very sweet of you to post this Adra. It can be seen where your heart is.

Mary_Jo3
08-29-2007, 11:50 AM
My fav has always been the 23rd.
The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want.
I have always said at my funeral the only 2 things I want said are the 23rd Psalm and the Lords Prayer, thats all that needs to be said.
Oh and I want them to play "what a wonderful world" by the great Louis Armstrong.

Char
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh and I want them to play "what a wonderful world" by the great Louis Armstrong.

Oh, what a song that is ! I can't hear that song and not get tears in my eyes... just the positive way the song looks at the world, and his voice singing it... well, no one else could have sung that song any better than he... Mr. Louis Armstrong.

My Dad hated (and I mean HATED) funeral music, he thought it was so sad and drab... he loved his old "big Band" music, he listened to it daily, just like I listen to rock now... so, at his funeral, back in 1996, we gave the funeral home a cassette of his big band music, and let's what they played... it was awesome ! The man loved big band dance music, and everyone who knew him knew it, it was perfect.

Mary_Jo3
08-30-2007, 07:11 AM
I love bigband music, I was raised on it, both of my parents loved it and my dad played the clarinet (sp?), I wish I had a tape of that but he would only bring it out a couple times a year, man he was good.
Mom bought a piano with some money left to her when I was in college, we were all outside talking to the neighbors and hear all this boggy woggy (again sp?) playing and there was my dad banging on the keys, we stood there in shock, all these years mom didn't even know he knew how to play.
His mom use to stand over him with a yard stick and when he made a mistake she would smack him with it, he died shortly after, he was just 52, more the 20 years ago, she deprived us of all that music he had trapped inside him.
Grandma spent a week with us when we were little and I played my guitar for her next thing I know we are in the bed room for more then 2 hours with her hitting my stand with a pencil, my poor little fingers hurt so bad I couldn't play for days. So I can only wonder what she did to him everyday to make it so he wouldn't even play for his family.
My sisters boy, plays the sax, drums, and piano and when he plays that sax he sounds just like my dad, he has a gift.