PDA

View Full Version : Mypoints is testing my nerves

whatever
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Okay so i have taken a couple peoples advice and click on mypoints to make sure i get credit for clicks now. Well i have been fighting with them on 2 emails. First they told me i got credit for it in june. Then it was aug. 13. Luckily i saved them. I said how can i get credit for them when you just sent them aug 23 and i clicked on them aug 24th? ANd i'm not backing down. I know its a measley 10 pts. but now they just have me mad. Because when i respond through the click thru they send me a email saying they can't take replies to emails. I never sent a damn reply!! So i'm not giving up till they give me credit. They did this on my dh's account to and i finally got his 5pts!!

PrincessArky
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Am I the only one that hates the new site they have now?

loveswolfs
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear you are having such problems with them. Hope you get your points.

loveswolfs
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM

Theres a thread around here about this..some like some dont..im one who likes :itsme:

ssgjeg
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I like the look of the new site but having dialup it just runs too slow. But I won't complain too much since I don't buy anything through them (only click the emails) and still earn enough for one gift card a year.

cubsgirl21
08-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Nope. I can't stand the new site. I can't cash out on it yet, and it's so slow even with DSL and a high speed cable at work.

goodfaery2
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I sent them a message right after the site switched over. I had clicked on at least six e-mails and did not receive credit for any of them. I sent them several e-mails, asking specifically for them to actually reply not just send the generic response. What did I get??? An e-mail explaining that points can take up to 45 days or whatever to credit. I sent one back stating that they were automatic credits for reading e-mail and I never heard anything back.

Their new site makes me think of a nursing home or hospital, it is so institutionalized. I guess not only is the look of the site gone downhill, but so has their customer service.:motz:

whatever
08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
well they must have finally got sick of my contacting them they gave me
"goodwill points". so if you keep contacting them you should get your pts.
ANd i had to do it for one click on my dh's account and they replied calling him Steve, that's not even his name. Think they are getting bombarded with contacts!!:lol So you would think they would fix their system!!:dontknow:

gmyers
08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm not getting any bonus emails are ya'll getting any?The last time I got one was the 16th. I used to get two or three a day but not lately.

OkeDoke
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
They have only credited me with 5 "Goodwill Points" they still owe me 10 more points. (which they will say they have already credited the points) Was yours for the VistaPrint bounsmail? Those are the one that don't credit for me. When I emailed them about the 5 points not crediting the bonusmails slowed down, I was lucky if I got 2 last Thursday and Friday.

And it is very slow with DSL feels like I have dial up

I still do the program, I do like it but I don't like getting ripped off of points. I even have to email them about things buy going thro their site.

mdcaterer
08-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I always have had to keep track of the emails and point offers I got with this company. Usually I would have to send tons of emails with proof to get the points. IT is extremely frustrating!!!! I have finally moved on and found a much better rewards site. It pays in money not points and it does pay.
Mypoints seems to be having too many issues these days to be worthwhile
JMO

janelle
08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
I ALWAYS check to see if they credit my pts. Usually the 10-50 pts were not credited until I emailed them about it. Those are the pending for 30-45 day ones. I made a note of the date I click the pts, and then when the days were up and I hadn't received credit I would cllick through and ask if I was going to get them. They usually gave them to me but made me wonder how many people were not getting theirs.

Now I need to refresh the page lots of times before the staement shows up and then only one page of pts shows. I liked the whole page showing for about five or six months worth. Much easier to look at and check for missing pts.

whatever
08-29-2007, 10:33 AM
They have only credited me with 5 "Goodwill Points" they still owe me 10 more points. (which they will say they have already credited the points) Was yours for the VistaPrint bounsmail? Those are the one that don't credit for me. When I emailed them about the 5 points not crediting the bonusmails slowed down, I was lucky if I got 2 last Thursday and Friday.

And it is very slow with DSL feels like I have dial up

I still do the program, I do like it but I don't like getting ripped off of points. I even have to email them about things buy going thro their site.

Yes its vista print and service magic are the ones. And i got another one (service magic i did not get credit for) right after wards went to the click thru and pasted the email and said you can't give me the bull on getting credit for a ealier date when you just sent it to me! and sure enough they replied back that i got credit on the 22nd. How stupid is this site getting?

janelle
08-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Just a tip about how to deal with them. You can get more with honey so just email them and say, I still have not gotten pts for this, will I get them?

I always write down when I click on a site for the big pts that you need to wait the 30 days so I can tell them I clicked on it on this date. for the 5 pointers they are suppose to credit right away so I always check after to see if it is credited. I get emails from them each day so I wait for four or five days and click on them all then go to my account to see if I got credit.

The first time I did not get my 5 pts for something was last night so I clicked in to ask about it. I usually am missing my big pts like 10-50 after the 30 days are up.

They do need to get the glitches out of their new system so give them time for that but tell them so they know.

AND ALWAYS save your confirmation emails when you sign up for something or especially buy something. They will ask you for the confirmation.

whatever
08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I always do, but the ones where you can get the 1,000 pts for the magazines without ordering them you don't get a confirmation email. And i still can't get credit on my dh's account for that one. Any suggestions?

squirt661
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
For what it is worth, I do get point credits for their emails, but what ticks me off, is the waiting period for whatever else I do on their site. Especially their survey for 10 points if I do not qualify, or 100 if I do, and I never do. I am asking myself, self, just why do I have to wait 30-45 days to receive points for anything? I do not want to even go into purchasing a product from them. Now for their latest back to school game ????? I have never won, but happy for what I read that some members have won 1000 points and whatever. I am still wondering WHY this site cannot instant credit but insists to give us a 30-45 day penalty waiting period? Like I said, just for what it is worth. Hmmmm, maybe I should have posted this under vent and whine. Sorry, I forgot, so if you want to redirect this, it's fine with me.

rosiesbrat
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I always do, but the ones where you can get the 1,000 pts for the magazines without ordering them you don't get a confirmation email. And i still can't get credit on my dh's account for that one. Any suggestions?

You only get 250 because that is for one magazine. It says "up to 1000" and that is only if you order 4. I had to email them a few times and copy the part on the site that says you don't have to purchase, and they finally gave me the 250 points.

janelle
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
T said we can get 1,000 pts for just checking out the site. Not sure how it works but many have done it. I still do not understand how to do it and know I will have a hassle with them about it.

Sometimes you can copy the confirmation at the end of the clicking when you know you won't get an email confirmation on it. I have done that but it's silly we need to prove it to them when they know we won't get a confirmation email on something.

mdcaterer
09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I am very disappointed in the mypoints site anymore. I have switched to Sunshine and I have made more in less than one year with them then in 7 years with Mypoints and I don't have to watch them like a hawk!!! It is so much nicer and they pay in cash or gift cards.

kittykat79
09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
I am sick of Mypoints...i wish cash out now but i want to get a couple hundred more points to make it worth my time. But they hardly send 5 pt emails anymore. I'm so upset with them. :getyou

kittykat79
09-07-2007, 10:47 PM
I am very disappointed in the mypoints site anymore. I have switched to Sunshine and I have made more in less than one year with them then in 7 years with Mypoints and I don't have to watch them like a hawk!!! It is so much nicer and they pay in cash or gift cards.

What is sunshine? can you pm me the info for that site?

thanks

janelle
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
What is sunshine? can you pm me the info for that site?

thanks

Please PM me as well. TIA

PrincessArky
09-08-2007, 05:06 AM
did a google and this is what I found

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/

~Kathie
09-08-2007, 08:10 AM
There is a referral contest going on on Sunshine Rewards until 9-15-07. You get a bonus if you sign up under a current member.

It's a great site with it's own forum and the owner is always available to answer questions or help with any issues that may arise.

whatever
09-08-2007, 10:30 AM
It looks like sendearnings and inboxdollars to me. and the only way to really make money the "free" way is to do op surveys and click on free mails. and get people to sign up under you.

loveswolfs
09-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I went and had a look around..think i will stay with mypoints. I dont seam to have any problems with them. and like how i get my cards with in a week un like some place's.

PrincessArky
09-09-2007, 06:30 AM
I went and had a look around..think i will stay with mypoints. I dont seam to have any problems with them. and like how i get my cards with in a week un like some place's.

I agree just posted the link so others could see it what it was.......I have noticed any problems so far with mypts in my account (course that is always subject to change lol) and they come faster than any other program that I have tried

mdcaterer
09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Sunshine is an excellent site with great rewards that are promptly sent. There was a referral contest going on until Sept 15th so you may have seen more about it recently. However I am here to say it is an awesome site you can earn $2 if someone signs up as your referral but you do not earn a portion of their earnings or anything like that.

I suggest you can do both MyPoints and Sunshine you just can not do the same offers on both. I do not want any referals I merely urge you to try it out for yourself. I have earned over $400 and have won a couple of $25 for various games or contests they run on site. It costs you nothing to try and you can decide for yourself if it is worth your time.

karefree
09-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Mdcaterer, I also am a member of sunshine. They have some shopping sites on their site that other programs do not. I agree. I do both MyPoints and Sunshine. I haven't earned enough to get a reward yet but I have not had to fight or agrue to get credited for any of my shopping points and I get the paid emails frequently.

FM9912
09-15-2007, 03:01 AM
I always go to the mypoints site before I start clicking any emails to check my account total. Then, after clicking all of the emails I have, I always refresh the page to make sure all of the emails credited. I have had problems lately with a couple of emails not crediting and when I contacted them about it, they told me the same thing that they seem to be telling everyone else - that they already credited my account for that offer. It seems to be the same emails that everyone else is having problems with & I don't understand why they are doing this now. I have been a member for about 7 years, & even though I have seen someone else post that mypoints has always did this, I have never had them not credit on duplicate emails. Hubby wrote to them about an email not crediting to his account and after getting back the same reply about it being credited already, he wrote back to mypoints & told them the following:

If an offer credits only once than I should not be sent out another point email for it. If I receive another point earning email for an offer that I got prior credit for, than I should get the points again, as long as I read & respond to it.

So far as I know, they have not contacted him back about it yet. He had problems with an email & something about the new instant win game. He wrote to them about the email & them told me that they gave him some canned response. He also wrote to them about the instant win game, but he said that they must have misunderstood because they wrote back & gave him an email address to write to if he had questions about the mypoint games. I told him that they probably meant the paid games that are on the website. He didn't get back to them right away & then he had another email that didn't credit, so he wrote to them again but this time he wrote about all 3 issues in one email. He said he started the email off with the newest issue which was not getting credit for reading a True Credit email and then included the other 2 issues & their responses to him about them. He said that he got an email back from them saying they were sorry that they didn't credit him the points for the true credit offer & that they were adjusting his account for 250 points for the offer!! Not only did they not address the other 2 issues, but they also were only supposed to credit his account 5 points for reading the email & not 250 points since he did not sign up for the offer. He wrote back to them & told them that even though he would take the 250 points if they wanted to give them to him, he wanted to let them know that this was not correct. He then told them that he should not be getting credited 250 points since he did not sign up for the offer, but only 5 points for reading the email. I haven't checked with him to see if they replied yet.
He also has to write to them again about the instant win game. He won 750 points the first time he played (8/19), then he won 500 points on 9/7 and he won another 750 points on 9/12. The problem though is that he didn't get an email for his 500 point win on 9/7. So he's going to write them and see what they have to say. I'm mad at him since he won 3 times & I haven't even won once yet!! Some people just have all the luck & then there's me!!

For what it is worth, I do get point credits for their emails, but what ticks me off, is the waiting period for whatever else I do on their site. Especially their survey for 10 points if I do not qualify, or 100 if I do, and I never do. I am asking myself, self, just why do I have to wait 30-45 days to receive points for anything?

Any time that I used to try & take a survey from the emails, I also would not see the points credited to my account. I contacted them about it once a while back & since then, I always see the 10 points for not qualifying, as well as the 50 for qualifying, posted to my account right away and listed as pending.

FM9912
09-15-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm not getting any bonus emails are ya'll getting any?The last time I got one was the 16th. I used to get two or three a day but not lately.

I get quite a bit of emails from them, but I was just looking around the site and came up with this:

How do I receive more BonusMails?
If you experience a lull in mailings, it probably means there are no current offers that match your preferences. The amount of BonusMails you receive has to do with the profile information you provided when you joined. If you haven't provided MyPoints with your profile information, please do. We aim to send you offers that match your interests. You can also edit your profile information at any time. Just go to "My Account" and edit your profile. If you would like to control the types of email you receive from MyPoints, go to "My Account," select "Edit Email Subscriptions" and chose the categories that interest you.

I don't know if this is the reason why you're not getting that many emails anymore, but thought it might help.

whatever
09-15-2007, 06:44 PM
well can someone explain this reply from them? I got this one back from them on a non credit (it was actually the second time for the same bonusmail)
Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Services.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in the MyPoints Program. You can
earn Points on the MyPoints website and via MyPoints email. You'll earn
Points for purchasing products and services from our brand name
merchant partners, for taking surveys, and in some instances, for reading
email. Please note that while most BonusMail award Points for reading the
offer, we do not award Points for visiting a merchant site via Point
Alert or through a link on the MyPoints site. Please reply to this email
if you have any questions. Thank you for your valued membership

Cause this made no sense to my question!!

mdcaterer
09-16-2007, 08:31 AM
That's what I mean by "canned replies". I have sometimes had to send almost 6 or 7 emails before I got a problem with them resolved because they do not really read the emails and they have certian replies they use all the time that do not address the questions or problems.

Here's an interesting piece of info. One of the Sunshine members just passed her $2000 earing mark today!!! Those are rewards!!!

cellika
09-16-2007, 09:25 AM