PDA

View Full Version : How did your mate propose????????

lymi
08-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I thought this would be interesting. Nothing exciting here, we were high school sweethearts, and we just alway knew we would marry when we graduated and we did. What's your story??????

teenies*mom
08-24-2007, 05:51 PM
me and my hubby were dating for 2 years - we were sitting in a bar one night by ourselves and he just came out and asked me to marry him - it doesn't sound romantic but it really was - then we got married at a NASCAR race down in Telladega Alabama - no one knew we were getting married except our friends who went to the race with us - they also stood up for us...

God's child
08-24-2007, 05:59 PM
My hubby and I had been talking about getting married, but he hadn't asked. We were looking at rings and he asked if I liked a certain set. I said yes, and he told the clerk, "We'll take that one!" Still hasn't asked and we've been married 20 years! Guess I learned to read his mind from the very beginning!:dancing:

Tasha405
08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
It was on Valentines Day. He moved our air mattress out into the middle of the floor (we didn't even have a real bed yet LOL) and covered it with rose petals. Along with the bedroom floor and the bathroom floor and bathtub that was in our bedroom. He had a hot bath drawn for us and had candles all around the tub. A dozen of roses was in the middle of the bed.

He was all dressed up in nice dress clothes. Looked so handsome.

He called me into the bedroom, after I had been banned from there all day LOL and turned some music on. We danced for the very first time and at the end of the song, he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was so sweet. :love:

We have been married for almost 8 years now. We were engaged for almost 4 years before we got married. lol

lymi
08-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Your are lucky. That is soooooooooooo romantic. My husband is a real sweetheart. But he is not romantic. Still love him lots though

Barcode
08-24-2007, 06:27 PM
:marchmellow: I don't remember.. (sniff... sniff)

BeanieLuvR
08-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I thought this would be interesting. Nothing exciting here, we were high school sweethearts, and we just alway knew we would marry when we graduated and we did. What's your story??????

The same as yours. :D I first met my husband when I was 13. Started dating him when I was 15 and married him 2 weeks after I turned 18.

Wow Tasha! That sounds like it was awesome.

teenap
08-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I actually did it, had a ring and some smushy cards, was going to take him out for dinner, but then he decided not to go so It ended up me being in my bathrobe in the kitchen, lol

Shancopp
08-24-2007, 09:14 PM
We were throwing the Christmas party for the band my DH ran sound for. He had everyone (they all knew what was coming...I didn't) for a Christmas toast. He started to give a toast and then turned to me and proceeded to say he loved me, etc and asked me as he pulled the ring out of his pocket. What a shocker!!! Of course, I said yes.

The next month, I got pregnant! So, I was a pregnant bride. I told him "after living together for 3 1/2 yrs, you knock me up right before the wedding!" lol!

Char
08-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Met at a river beach party... dated maybe two months, then he moved in with me, and we just started talking about how marriage would be the right thing for us... that if we planned on stayed together, we needed to get married... and we did, about six months later, and that was over 21 years ago.

taz69
08-25-2007, 04:28 AM
I sprained my knee, and hubby was on his knees wrapping it for me, and he said "while I'm on my knees, will you Marry me?" Nine years and going strong!

tngirl
08-25-2007, 04:52 AM
The first husband, no proposal really. We dated, started living together and then got married.

Present hubby, we have been friends for years. Back about 10 years ago (+/_) during a leap year, I jokingly asked him to marry me. He said yes even though he knew I was just joking. This was when I first found out that he thought of me more than just a friend. Of course we didn't get married. He has basically waited on me all of these years.

Back in March, we were sitting at our computers and I asked him when he wanted to get married. A week later the deed was done, he didn't want to give me time to change my mind...lol.

kyswpgrl
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
The first husband - I was 17 and he was 18. We were on a "date" and he took me out after dark to a local park he played at as a child. We went to a shelter and he was carrying a small bag. He pulled out a ring box, handed it to me, and said, "Well, will ya?" LOL

Second husband - No real proposal. We met, a few days later he told me he loved me, and by the end of the week we were buying rings.

buglebe
08-25-2007, 11:58 AM

Same except we got engaged when I graduated highschool and waited until he had finished 2 yrs college and I had finished one yr college.

jedmatters
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
We met on Halloween, first date November 17.
On December 16, we were at his friend's house, watching a Cowboy's game.
I asked him to marry me. Just outright...
He did not say a word for 2 hours.
Finally, I asked if he was ok... He said he thought about marriage, but not right now.
I said that I did not mean tonight! He said, oh ok. Then YES.
I said Great, how about tomorrow. He almost fainted!

We were married 3 months later.
11 and 1/2 years of sheer happiness.

ladybugva
08-26-2007, 07:41 AM
I was working at our water park in the Pizza shack, and I was warned about "the divers" the guys that were entertainment for the Dive shows. I didn't listen. LOL

We have family christmas every year, grandparents, cousins, aunt uncles... 18+_ people there. He gave me a BIG box. w/ a gift in it and onother box, kept getting smaller till the ring box which had a smaller gift box in it that was the ring. He got on one knee in front of the family! Didn't tell his family for a little while longer. LOL I had no idea it was coming. Just passed 12 yrs and my family is still very important to him.

Willow
08-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Kevin came over one night. I didn't even know he was coming over. When he came in we walked in the living room and he started getting down on the floor and I asked him what he was doing and then he took a small box out of his pocket and then he asked me. It was really sweet. :hug:

buttrfli
08-26-2007, 08:39 AM
We were watching a Dallas game (I think it was Thanksgiving) and during a commercial, he said "we should get married" I said "ok" and that was that LOL

We had only been together for a few weeks... that was 15 years ago!

Nightgem
08-26-2007, 08:51 AM
:wamb: I was laying on a hospital bed being prepped for life-flight and totally out of it when my BF asked me to Marry Him. Took me two months to remember though and one day out of the blue I asked him, "Hey did you ask me to Marry You and he replied yes..lol " He took a gold twist tie and made me a ring, took my hand and slipped it on and asked me again to Marry him. We are now planning our wedding but want to take it slow, I found my angel in him.:dancing:

VenusA423
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
When my husband and I were dating, there was this comedy club that we'd usually go to every weekend, that my roommate turned us onto. She knew the owners.
I had the day off from work one Friday and went to get my hair done, and he went with me and at one point, went to the store next door. Came back some time later with a diamond necklace and a rose. I thought that was really sweet. I had to work the next morning and on my break, he, my roommate and her friend came to visit and he was acting kinda weird. I had suspicions, since Valentine's Day was 3 days away. He was talking stuff that really made no sense to me and I thought he'd been drinking or something.. lol. Anyway, that night, we went to the comedy club early as usual, to get good seats. Told me that also, they had fixed it to where my husband would be "picked" to be in one of the skits and that they had to "rehearse" it. Alright. He went in the back and my roommate was acting so excited about it.. while I'm thinking "okay, it's cool and all, but calm down." When it started and he got up there and did the skits, he ended up coming off stage to "get me involved" while I'm thinking "no way in hell am I getting on stage" and he pops the ring box out of his pocket as he gets down on his knee and asks me to marry him. I was speechless. Everything that had happened up to that point all made sense.. lol. The rest of the night was a blur. Kicker.. my roommate got it all on video.