PDA

View Full Version : WHHHAAAAA I had surgery today!!!

crystal_19
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
I have to try and get some sympathy today since it didnt work on dh, lol!

I have had this suspicious spot on my 3rd finger left hand since January 07. Well it started out like a blood blister so I didn't pay much attention to it. :booboo Well as time went on it started to "erupt" out of the finger. (i wont go into the nasty details) Well EVERYONE told me I better go to the dr. So I went to M.E.A. (like an urgent care clinic) and the dr there said "no way, you have to go to a hand surgeon to have him look at it, its too close to tendons to have something done here."

Fine, they called with the appointment and I made it a point to make sure this was just a consult and NOT surgery today. "Oh no Mrs Black, he will just talk to you today and then schedule surgery." W-R-O-N-G!!!! :slap

We got in the office and he had all his tools all over the table. :nurse: Well I told him I wanted to be out for it, no local. Then DH (who I'm still not speaking to) :mad: said "honey we cant afford that type of surgery and we both need to get back to work." OOOOOOOKKK, now I see how it's gonna be so I agree to it and IMMEDIATLY start crying like a baby!!! (i know, i know what a baby!):bawling: So he numbed me up, dug the spot out (which now I will have a hole in my finger for 3 weeks) and wrapped me up. All, for ONLY $649.00!!! Imagine if I would have been put under for it!

Well long story short, the shot to numb the finger hurt the worst. I am now at work and typing one handed. I just had to tell everyone about my terrible day.

So when I get home its pain pills and off to bed for me!! :tobed

(not much of a tough biker chick today, huh?? LOL)

DBackFan
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh owieeeeeeeeeee! I am sorry, hope you feel btter real quick! Hey hit hubby with that other hand would ya? ;)

Jackie_Blu
08-23-2007, 01:02 PM
awwwwwww, crystal, Im so sorry you are in pain, and new hubby isnt very sympathetic. But, hey, didnt it really work out for the best that they did the surgery today when u werent expecting it? I mean....its done....u dont have it to worry about for later, & now you can just concentrate on the healing process :) Its ok that you cried, hon, and....I do agree with dback....smack your hubby with your good hand:slap

Starlady01
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
aaaww sorry to hear about your surgery. :(

I had to have a wart removed from my finger once and the doctor told me the hand is one of the most sensitives place to get a shot or removal ect. I know exactly what you mean when you say it hurt like the dickens. My finger was so sensitive I had problems with it for weeks. I hand even started to shake from it.

Believe me I feel for you.

Pepsi4me
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Hope you feel better soon. :hug

pepperpot
08-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh owieeeeeeeeeee! I am sorry, hope you feel btter real quick! Hey hit hubby with that other hand would ya? ;)

My sentiments as well......

wyrmslyph
08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
:wow Ouchie! Hope you feel better soon.

Army-Mom
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Bless your heart, I hope you get to feeling better soon..

crystal_19
08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
I KNEW my BBS "family" would make me feel better.

Thanks y'all!!

:star: :star: :star: (to y'all)

BigLyd1
08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Yep, I've had a similar surgery. I hate surgery. The doctors should pay you for the pain and torture rather than you paying them.

I say treat yourself later to something you really like, especially since your hubby isn't being very supportive.

catdance
08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
OUCH and glad you took care of it..I can see you rpoint of not wanting to be awake for that one..FEEL better... :) !

lucimPI
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey, even tough biker chicks get to cry sometime. Hope all will be well soon.

:bouquet :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet

crystal_19
08-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Yep, I've had a similar surgery. I hate surgery. The doctors should pay you for the pain and torture rather than you paying them.

I say treat yourself later to something you really like, especially since your hubby isn't being very supportive.

Ohhh yes! The treat is already in the works, I told him with the money he saved on the surgery I wanted tile floor in my kitchen!! (he is a carpenter so he has no way out now!) Girls, I'm gonna use this one for all its worth!! LOL

j/k he is the best thing that ever happened to me but goodness....lol

Aloha from paradise
08-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Aww Sweetie,
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you feel better real soon and thank goodness for pain pills.:)