PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my neighbor

Juli67
08-22-2007, 06:02 PM
She had a stroke and fell in her house. She lives alone. The paper lady called 911 because her papers were piling up and she was worried about her. I get home from work on monday and the police are at my door and asked me when i've seen my neighbor last. She laid face down in her living room for at least 3 days and no body knew. She is still alive but paralyzed on her right side. Please pray for her.

earnhardt1
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
omg that is soo sad i am praying for her... my brother jsut moved out on his own and my gram is afraid this is what will happen to her since she is alone now.... so i make it a point to call her everyday

BeanieLuvR
08-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh, that is just terrible. I will be praying for her. That poor woman. :(

Juli67
08-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Before this happened she received a clean bill of health. She was a very active woman. Cut grass and kept her yard nice. she is 65

Char
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
That's a terrible thing, and far more common then we hear about I am afraid.

My hubster is a nurse, and, they see cases like this a lot. Heck, my Mom is one even ! She lives alone, she has had a stroke... if we don't hear from here for a few days, we start calling... we did find her once, about a year ago, in the floor, she had fallen and broke her wrist, and couldn't get up with one hand. But, she refuses to live anywhere else, like assisted living or a high rise.

I hope your neighbor is ok... it's gotta be scary. Ya know, we will all be there one day... and that's scary too !

To help avoid a stroke, take a baby aspirin a day, and, drink LOTS of water every day ! I make myslf drink five to six 20oz. bottles of water every day... dehydration is a big cause of blood clots.

BeanieLuvR
08-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Before this happened she received a clean bill of health. She was a very active woman. Cut grass and kept her yard nice. she is 65

That is really scary. I was thinking that she was an older lady like in her 80s, to find out she is only 65 and had a clean bill of health is shocking. I hope that therapy can help her. I will sure be praying that she can get the use of her right side back. At her age it would be so horrible to be bed ridden.