PDA

View Full Version : Those big bugs that get on the porch or deck?

buglebe
08-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Living in the south we have lots of bugs. We came in last night after dark,
and the porch was covered with these hugh bugs that I have always called roaches. Occassionally one will get in the house and I absolutely hate them.
In Virginia when we lived there, they would fly. I guess these do too but I didn't see any fly last night. In Florida I have heard them called palmetta bugs. They are huge, one inch or larger, brown, ugly. I tried to look up roach on google because I want to get them off the porch and deck so they won't come inside and so I won't ever have to try to enter my home like I did last night. I was looking for a good safe poison to use on them. Anyone know the real name of them? Help and thanks.

justme23
08-12-2007, 04:56 PM
We call them waterbugs in Texas... I hate those damn things! They are evil little bastards.

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/info/roaches/pick-american.htm

tngirl
08-12-2007, 04:58 PM
We call them Wood Roaches. But whatever you do...don't kill them. You need to call your local naturalist and have them come round the buggers up and take them away. Just because you find them to be gross they have the right to live and are an important part of our eco-systme.:rofl:

buglebe
08-12-2007, 05:50 PM
We call them Wood Roaches. But whatever you do...don't kill them. You need to call your local naturalist and have them come round the buggers up and take them away. Just because you find them to be gross they have the right to live and are an important part of our eco-systme.:rofl:

That is what my son in law does. He picks them up in his hand and moves them. Believe me that is not what I plan to do. I might be a maniacal murdered but I am going to demolish as many of them as I can. I hate the litte suckers and think I am going to faint the few times one has touched me.