PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

kmtsn
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Does anyone know of a good medical site to look stuff up? My husband had TERRIBLE heartburn

evrita
08-09-2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.webmd.com/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/

Char
08-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Do NOT play around with a 'terrible heartburn'... it can be the very first sign of a heart attack ! (or even a blood clot in the lung)

If it's bad enough that you are looking for reasons, you need to get medical help FAST. If it turns out to be just a bad case of heartburn... GOOD ! But better be safe than sorry.

A general rule for heartburn and going to the hospital... "If you don't know...go".

Lasher
08-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Do NOT play around with a 'terrible heartburn'... it can be the very first sign of a heart attack ! (or even a blood clot in the lung)

If it's bad enough that you are looking for reasons, you need to get medical help FAST.

A general rule for heartburn and going to the hospital... "If you don't know...go".

ditto, my terrible heartburn, turned out to be a gallbladder full of stones about to burst and a hetial hernia

evrita
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I made you guys say it last time I said anything I scared someone :D I get terrible heartburn but it is because I am on steroids all the time but the nexium seems to help.

cathych
08-09-2007, 09:46 PM
my terrible heartburn also turned out to be a gallbladder attack.

kmtsn
08-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks!!!!

Specialk
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
My terrible heart-burn turned out to be a massive heart attack!!! Ended up having a Double Bypass done that same day..... So, if its really bad and doesnt go away, go to the Er to play it safe....

lisarae
08-10-2007, 03:38 AM
I agree, but something I use for heart burn is vinegar. Take a sip of it, and it calms all the acid.

buttrfli
08-10-2007, 04:45 AM
ditto, my terrible heartburn, turned out to be a gallbladder full of stones about to burst

same here.... I spent 3 days in the bathroom floor until DH convinced me to go to the ER.

It might feel like heartburn, and I hope it is, but a "heartburn feeling" is also a a symptom of so many other things.

Willow
08-10-2007, 06:23 AM
A couple of years ago I went to the hospital because I was having chest pains and it went all the way around to my back. They did an ekg and it turned out to be acid refux. I was given a prescription for Protonix. I don't take anything for it now which I probably should but luckily I haven't had too many bad episodes.

Lasher
08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
I used to take protonix, now I take Nexium, but I have a standing prescription for GI cocktails, it's Demerol, Malox, Lidocaine, and something else. I keep one in the fridge for when it gets really bad. I have to be wherever I want to pass out though when I take it.