PDA

View Full Version : I just has to share!

lisahiser
08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Hubby had made a new friend, through a mutual friend. This man is 67 has half a lung and has had like 3 heart attacks and he has that lapband thing on his stomach and he says he lost like 100 pounds in a year, anyways not in all that great of health but to talk to him, you would never know, Plus he is from my hubby's neck of the woods, Louisiana. His name is Gator- lol anyway, Hubby and Gator were talking one day and Gator said that he would like to have a cable line ran into his bedroom but the cable people said they were going to charge him alot of money to do it. Well hubby does cable, commercial cable but the same thing and same network just different type. So, hubby tells him that he will come over and put the line in the room for him. Not to mention that every room in our house has a cable hook-up thanks to hubby for him this is nothing, ok. So he goes over and hooks it up for Gator. Gator tried to pay him and hubby of course says no. Well Gator says fine but I will pay you back someway........
Well two days later after hubby has hooked him up, yesterday to be exact- lol
Gator calls Hubby and says I am on my way to your house, do you guys like bread? and Hubby is puzzled and says yes we like bread why and Gator says he has some to give us...... so hubby is like ok, yah we are home come on over.
Gator pulls up in his truck and gets out and starts pulling bags and bags and bags of bread out of the back of his truck.....! Then Gator asks the boys if they like donuts or muffins or bagels..........well DUH! what kids doesn't like this stuff...... so he pulls bags and bags and bags of donuts and muffins and bagels out and starts handing them to the kids..........Apparently Gator's daughter works at a bread store and if the bread is 2 days close to the experation date they pull the bread and just give it away or throw it away.

In all, we were given 31 loafs of bread, white, wheat, potato, 6 loafs of raisin bread, 15 boxes of donuts, 10 boxes of muffins, blueberry, chocolate chip and coffe cake, and 8 bagel bags.......
Of course I constantly thanking Gator and telling him that he didn't have to do this for us, but man that is alot of bread!
Gator tells me that he gets this stuff every month like this and this is what he can't give away and now he knows who to give it to.
So, I go through the bread and everything and I start putting some in my deep freezer. and then I made bags for my 2 sister in laws and for my sister and for my mother. I gave everybody at 3 or 4 of everything.

So Gator asks me do you like green peppers and I say yes we love em,
so Today he shows up at the house and brings me a BIG box of green peppers! OMG! I counted, there were 47 green peppers! I told him that this was all very sweet and I really appreciate but he didn't have to do this and he told me that he knows that me and hubby are good people, just like him and that we deserve it!
Now, How sweet is that to hear! of course I cried and hugged him! and thanked him again and again.
He just has no idea how much this has helped not only us, but my 2 sisters in laws and my sister and mother. That saves us sooo much money!
So I made bags of green peppers for everyone too and I delivered them today to everyone and my niece and nephew just couldnt believe it and were thrilled! I told everyone not to buy bread, but to let me know if they need more and I will deliver it to them.

I just had to share! I am so thankful. God comes to us in so many ways, sometimes when we least expect it. :dance:
I guess he thought we needed bread this time- lol! :D

PrincessArky
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Its wonderful to make new friends

tsquared
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
careful you all dont become "loafers".........lol
Sounds like a friendship to keep forever

Lasher
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
karma is a good thing

Mom2Shaun
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow! What a nice guy! (And that goes for your new friend AND your husband!)

VenusA423
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
That's so sweet!

shellysms
08-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Seems like a great friendship starting!! :)

Tasha405
08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
karma is a good thing

ITA! :)

teenies*mom
08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
That was so sweet!

pepperpot
08-07-2007, 01:09 PM
karma is a good thing

:dito:

Pepsi4me
08-07-2007, 01:31 PM
What a nice new friend.

lisahiser
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
That was so sweet!

What a nice new friend.
I know! That is what I keep telling everyone!

careful you all dont become "loafers".........lol
Sounds like a friendship to keep forever
LOL! He is great! His wife is just as adorable! She is going to show me where she gets a ton of vegtables at for only $5. She says she goes every Saturday and has been doing for years. She says if its free or close to free she knows about it! I luv these people! I think they are my lost family! :dancing:

karma is a good thing Isn't it! I am such a firm believer in it. :happy :happy

Wow! What a nice guy! (And that goes for your new friend AND your husband!) Thank you so much! My hubby has such a big heart! He would do anything for anybody and not ask a thing for it! :notworthy :handkiss: :hug

Kyla Kym
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I see lots of new bread recipes in your near future. :D

Cinnamon toast
bread pudding
dressing
:dancing:

DBackFan
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Thats awesome! We do something similar for the tenants in our park. I buy what they call "animal feed" at the bread store. (ours charges 13.00 for a rack which is 175 loaves). I pull in the park and everyone grabs what they want, then I pull what I want and the rest really goes to our animals lol.

Most of what they give us is NOT BAD but they can't sell it anymore...Its been ages since I bought bread, rolls, buns, donuts etc. :D

Shann
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
it's nice to hear there are good people still out there :)

ahippiechic
08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Seems like a great friend!

janelle
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
That is just like our Panera Bread here. At the end of the day whatever they have on the racks goes to the food banks, etc. Can you imagine how much food is wasted each day at all our stores, etc.? I am glad they find how to give it away so it can be used.

BeanieLuvR
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I am so happy for you!! That is wonderful that you have made such nice, new friends. It is also so nice of you to share. It really does show good things happen to good people! :)

pepperpot
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM
*Ahem* I don't see this thing as a good thing for your diet...

**I had an Uncle who was a baker and we always got the rainy day left overs......we all lost 15-20lbs when he retired!**

lisahiser
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
*Ahem* I don't see this thing as a good thing for your diet...

**I had an Uncle who was a baker and we always got the rainy day left overs......we all lost 15-20lbs when he retired!**

Woman! who says that I have to be on the diet this week -lol

I tell ya I am eating the heck out of this raisin bread! love the stuff! Plus it makes great! and I tell you Great French Toast!!!!!
Yah so I will have to work my butt off on the stair stepper and walk the track an extra 20 minutes, but it will soooo be worth it! LOL

tngirl
08-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I like that story, thank you for sharing.

lisahiser
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I like that story, thank you for sharing.

Thank you, I like to share! :hug

tonka06405
08-08-2007, 06:24 AM
Call me when the french toast is ready!!!!! :)

Willow
08-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Everyone should have a friend like that. :)

tracyb
08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
he is a good friend and I am sure you all are to him too...really nice to hear something sooo positive today

mirage7000
08-08-2007, 08:39 AM
That is absolutely wonderful of your hubby to do that for him and it was so nice of him to thank you this way!