PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party..

Army-Mom
08-06-2007, 04:44 AM
We had our birthday party yesterday for Makala. We had a big turn out too. PawPaw cooked hot dogs on the grill and I got Makala a baby bake for her self and she was so cute..she had frosting all over her face..she would drag her fingers in the cake and eat the frosting..We always give out grandchildren their first birthday party cause we go all out on it..from now on it will be the parents job...lol..never again that was the last one year old..I am so sore this morning..she had a ball..It was a Dora theme..and I bought a huge dora cake but sent it and the 30 hotdogs we had left home with the kids..she got so much they had to just stuff it in the truck..

teenies*mom
08-06-2007, 04:46 AM
so glad you had a great time and a good turn out -

BeanieLuvR
08-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Awww I am so happy she had a good party. I am going to remember your tradition of giving the first birthday party when I have grandkids. It is a great idea.

Tashagirl
08-06-2007, 12:55 PM
your post brought back memories of when my mom was alive.She always made sure the grandkids had their very own little cake for themselves..then a seperate one for everyone else to eat.Somehow the baby's little cake always seems to have choc. frosting because mom felt that made the cutest mess for the birthday pics!! Wow..I really miss mom

I'm so glad you,your family,(and your granddaughter..lol) had a great party...will you be sharing pics with us?