PDA

View Full Version : I need some computer help, please.

cpbaby
08-04-2007, 01:57 PM
My computer is fine, near as I can tell. I am running XP Home, with Office 2000 Pro. I have no trouble except at two sites(not this one) this stupid window pops up that says an Office 2000 Pro component is needed that isnt installed and they need to search for it. THEN, it says it isnt on my computer and it needs to search the source disk. When I cancel them out, they end up giving me an error report on my IE and closes my window.

I cant find my disk and I am THISCLOSE to uninstalling Office 2000 and installing OpenOffice EXCEPT I need Publisher at times.

HELP!

Lasher
08-04-2007, 02:27 PM
You have to have the CD. I'm trying to find out exactly which files you need, to see if I can just zip those and pack em in a folder for you.

Barcode
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Have you gone to the microsoft update site and see if what you need is there? an easy way to get there is up on the tool bar of your browser click on tools and scrool to Windows updates and click on it. It'll take you there.
They have optional components that you can install. Hope this helps and Good Luck.

fjp999
08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
I have never heard of a site needing something from Office to work... what site are you going to???

frank

cpbaby
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, its my webmail. I dont need Office for it to work at my work. I dont need Office for it to work at my moms, I just need Office for it to work here. PLUS when I tried to update my Office, I got the same error message.

SLance68
08-05-2007, 07:51 AM
I know this is a long shot - but here goes - open IE and go to Tools - Internet Options - Programs - change your HTML editor to something other than Microsoft Word - make it Notebook. That might clear up the problem.

I had the same problem with MS Office 2000 for a long time - it about drove me crazy until I finally reinstalled it (I do have the cd so it was easy). The wierd part was that if I opened Word or Excel it would give me that error & then close the program - if I opened the program again it would work perfectly - no error. Just a glitch in Office 2000 and updating from the website will not fix the problem you need the disk.

cpbaby
08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks!

Lasher
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
What Slance68 said lol
I'm sorry I went to work, crashed and went I broke my toe on the manuals I left out, I remembered I was supposed to look that up.

I hadn't played with 2000 in forever I have to use 2003 for school. If you are still having problems PM, I have another solution.